A Thread for Small Questions XI

Stubby

I have a small question about Harry the Heir. I know he is (after Robert) the next heir to house Arryn through the female line, but if Robert were to die and he were to become Lord of the Vale, would he be incorporated into House Arryn?

What I mean is, would his name change to Harold Arryn, so that the noble house will remain the noble house and not become house Hardyng?

Most likely

I always thought it was Cersei, but I can't remember if that is definitively stated somewhere.

Cersei was my default assumption as well but I think we would have received confirmation in one of her POV chapters from AFFC or ADWD, which we didn't. My money is on Littlefinger.

Cersei was my default assumption as well but I think we would have received confirmation in one of her POV chapters from AFFC or ADWD, which we didn't. My money is on Littlefinger.

Interesting thought. I hadn't considered him, but he does seem a likely candidate...

He doesn't need to have been craven: presumably there was a struggle before Brandon was taken captive. Maybe Ethan Glover was just held at bay. He could have been sent back as an envoy, to summon Lord Rickard to KL to answer for his son's actions.

I have a question. How old was Sandor Clegane when he left home? I assume he was sworn to Casterly Rock when he took part in the sack of KL (which happened when he was 12), but is there anything to suggest how long he'd been living there?

we know stark children are wargs..Bran wants to fly, is it possible that Bran, Arya, and Rikkon could take the dragons body too, are dragons exceptions

i think the only character to warg into a dragon will be the only Targaryen warg (i think?)- Bloodraven. (he obviously can't ride one)

I have a question. How old was Sandor Clegane when he left home? I assume he was sworn to Casterly Rock when he took part in the sack of KL (which happened when he was 12), but is there anything to suggest how long he'd been living there?

We're told that he left home the day his father died and Gregor came into his inheritance, but not when that was. We know he was older than seven, and younger than 12. My best guess would be towards the end of that range - 10 or 11.

From everything we know about Mandon Moore, the only people he would have taken orders from are Cersei and Joffrey. I expect we'll learn at some point.

What exactly do we know about Mandon Moore that would suggest this? We know practically nothing about his history, except that he's from the Vale (which, incidentally, also happens to be where Littlefinger is from). And the only thing we know about his character is that "his face gives nothing away", i.e. you can't know anything about his true intentions or motivations. So I don't really think we have anything to suggest he would only have taken orders from Cersei or Joffrey.

It seems in the books that the maester's chains are always tight.

I assume they have to have either a certain number of skills or certain specific skills that would make the chain long enough to fit around a neck before they can be maesters, but wouldn't the ones who have many and more skills have much longer chains?

Well, Maester Aemon's hangs loosely, it says in the first book.

And yes, the very skilled ones would have longer chains.

hi all,

New to the books, new to the forums, I found this thread on aDwD about little "secrets" within the book

SPOILERS and a few of them blew my mind.

Was a wondering if there was a similar list of little things from each of the other texts?

Thanks

Archived