I can't believe we didn't get a...

Mattyp

I'm not sure. I had been thinking the same thing. I was wondering if there was a possibility about Jeyne being pregnant. I kind of changed my mind about this when I saw that the Lannisters had pardoned them after Robb's death.

I'm almost convinced she is pregnant. She clearly has a bigger role to play in my opinion, either that or she's on the weakest characters GRRM invented!

I'm almost convinced she is pregnant. She clearly has a bigger role to play in my opinion, either that or she's on the weakest characters GRRM invented!

I understand that not everyone has a huge role to play, but even her role was ridiculously small while it lasted (so far as I've read). I just have a feeling that there's something more there. Then again, I could be wrong, and it could just be the fact that I would like for that to happen. It would stir things up quite a bit.

I understand that not everyone has a huge role to play, but even her role was ridiculously small while it lasted (so far as I've read). I just have a feeling that there's something more there. Then again, I could be wrong, and it could just be the fact that I would like for that to happen. It would stir things up quite a bit.

I agree. Her being pregnant would definitely shake up the whole 'Heir to the North' aspect of things.

The way I see it, there is a reason GRRM is so quiet about her fate ;)

A scene where Jon

learns of the death of Robb. Sure we assume he finds out at some point, but there was no reaction, he showed no sadness to learn that his brother who loved him like a brother despite his bastard birth, had died! Everytime I reached a Jon chapter I was like 'Oh this has GOT to be the scene now'. Instead we get Stannis saying something about Robb being dead, and Jon reacting as if he had known for months. What a let down! In the immense epic of a story that ASOS has been it seems a shame that a potential great scene has been left out. Plus Jon never finds out that Robb wanted to un-bastard him. (Unless I missed that...)

Well, Jon was rather busy during the time that Robb Stark was killed. He was either with the Wildlings (being a double agent) and thus cut off from communication, or he was defending the Wall from the Wildling siege (from behind, and the larger force assaulting the Wall from the North).

From there, he gets shoved into an ice cell by Slynt, then sent out (hoping he'd die) to treat with Mance Rayder. Then Stannis shows up and saves the day.

There wasn't much time in there for any character to say, "Hey Jon, I know things have been rough, but just wanted to tell you that your half-bro Robb, former King in the North, got totally fucked over and killed at a wedding at The Twins, betrayed by his own bannermen, and after they killed him and his direwolf, they cut off both heads and then sewed Grey Wind's head onto Robb's dead body, just for laughs. Sorry dude."

Don't see that convo happening....

Even so just a little bit of inner monologue from Jon expressing regret at the death of his brother would've sufficed. Out of his whole time in Winterfel it was arguably Robb that made it feel like some type of home. He had plenty of inner monologue opportunity in his ice cell!

Archived