[ADwD Spoilers] Dusky Woman

• 2 months later...

Sorry but the crackpot theory fails because Euron and the dusky woman are at the same time in front of Victarion (when Euron gives her to Victarion). They can't be the same person :)

On a bit more serious note we know (not for sure but...) that there was an faceless man who killed Balon.

Maybe after that Euron hired that faceless man for another job...and that is not to pleasure his brother but to be sure that he dies before returning home.

Sorry but the crackpot theory fails because Euron and the dusky woman are at the same time in front of Victarion (when Euron gives her to Victarion). They can't be the same person :)

On a bit more serious note we know (not for sure but...) that there was an faceless man who killed Balon.

Maybe after that Euron hired that faceless man for another job...and that is not to pleasure his brother but to be sure that he dies before returning home.

The Dusky woman as Euron I can't quite buy.

The Dusky Woman as a Faceless Woman, that I can buy.

I don't think she could be a Faceless Man, because although they can change their physical appearance, I don't think they could create...ahem... female parts out of nothing, given the extent to which Victarrion gets to know her privately, if you know what I mean.

So she has to be a woman in the first place, but it is entirely possible that she is a Faceless Woman. The expense to hire a Faceless Man for two contracts would be staggering though. I wonder if Euron could afford that.

So she has to be a woman in the first place, but it is entirely possible that she is a Faceless Woman. The expense to hire a Faceless Man for two contracts would be staggering though. I wonder if Euron could afford that.

Maybe Euron doesn't have two contracts. What if getting the assassin to Daenerys is part of the cost?

I like this theory, and if it is true and the Dusky Woman is a Faceless "Man" I'd bet good money that is who Arya winds up training with. Would be a good way to finally have a Stark see a dragon.

I think the faceless men would do whatever it takes to complete their duty or their mission. A woman in the faceless men would use her sex to her advantage. I believe that is the reason Arya will be sent to, if not the dusky woman, at least another woman to train with. She has some things to learn that the Kindly Man can no longer teach her.

I guess the Dusky Woman is the Faceless Man Euron used to finish off Balon. His mission likely is (or was) to keep an eye on Vic and to depose and impersonate him as soon as he actively turns against Euron. The mere fact that Vic ended up keeping her is somewhat irritating in itself, and her reaction to Moqorro as well. If she was a Faceless Man she would know that a Red Priest has the means to heal/transform Vic's hand.

The real points here are:

1. How could Euron afford the continued service of a Faceless Man?

2. Has the Faceless Man his own agenda and is with Victarion not so much because of Euron but because of the shady agenda of the House of Black and White? Which may very well be ensure that those dragons get no chance to become a threat to Braavos...

3. Does Moqorro know that the dusky woman is a Faceless Man? Does he count on it, and, if not, has he already a ace up his sleeve to deal with her?

- She is unlikely a FM precisely because Euron is in no position to match the price that could keep her in service, and especially to deliver the gift to two targets (Balon, and Victarion).

- IF she were a FM, why would she reveal her dislike of the Red Priests? Instead, why didn't she kill Moqorro at the first opportunity?

- She is not warged by Euron either. Because, if Euron were able to warg humans, then he surely would have been able to warg animals. And dragons. Euron = warg means he doesn't need the dragon lord's horn, and the whole endeavor of Victarion is a useless exersize.

- Obviously, the reason her tongue is out is because Euron wants to prevent his thralls from communicating, and it would serve no purpose if they were able to write/read. Also, nothing suggests that any of his thralls can actually write. So, Dusky Woman should not be an exception. Effectively, she would prove to be a very poor spy.

- So, until further revelations, she is just that, the Dusky Woman.

- She is unlikely a FM precisely because Euron is in no position to match the price that could keep her in service, and especially to deliver the gift to two targets (Balon, and Victarion).

If she is a FM it doesn't mean that she is hired to kill Victarion. She could have another purpose (like getting a ride to Danny).

If she is a FM it doesn't mean that she is hired to kill Victarion. She could have another purpose (like getting a ride to Danny).

It would make no logical sense for the FM to leave Braavos and fall a thrall to Euron only to follow him to Westeros, and end up with Victarion and Iron Fleet on the way to Dany. IF the FM are after Dany indeed, they would have found a much faster rout to her, and not via a bedslave who spent who knows how long in naval voyages around the world.

As I mentioned in the Victarion thread I'm pretty sure she was the one poisoning Vicatarion, not the maester, because she had the responsibility for changing the bandages.

Huh? Whaaa? VIctarion is being poisoned? Is this something that is explicitly stated or is it hinted at?

We've already seen one muscled badass warrior die of a little infected cut (Drogo).

There's no reason this has to be poison. Plus, if the dusky woman is an assassin or a FM, don't you think she would use a faster acting poison that doesn't take months to kill?

• 5 months later...

- Obviously, the reason her tongue is out is because Euron wants to prevent his thralls from communicating, and it would serve no purpose if they were able to write/read. Also, nothing suggests that any of his thralls can actually write. So, Dusky Woman should not be an exception. Effectively, she would prove to be a very poor spy.

Not sure about that. Euron seems kind of obsessed with the matter, he even remover the mouth of his ship's figurehead. I think that's just another way to deshumanize his slaves into tools.

The Dusky Woman could be able to read and write, and she could be Euron's spy; and Victarion is too dumb to think of that.

P.S.: Nobody likes my necromancer Euron theory! :crying:

Archived