[ADWD SPOILERS] Small Questions

Tony Rigatoni

But this is the first real piece of supporting evidence on the books, right?

And the fact that Tyrion is the most like him (we know that he is not physically like him) doesn't have anything with genetics. He is like him because both are smart and Tyrion learned a lot with his father, and even hating him he does admire his father.

There is quite a bit of supporting evidence but it is all explainable away as something else. And some of it is really tenuous, but just amusing little tidbits. For example, Tyrion prefers his bacon burned. Which doesn't mean anything at all... unless... suffice it to say that if it is true there are at least a half dozen little things through the books that GRRM can point to and say, "the clues are there, I did not just commit an asspull." (Oh, and BTW, most of the evidence is a lot less tenuous than that!)

The evidence itself, and therefore the theory, has nothing whatsoever to do with Tyrion being the third head. But a lot of people like that idea.

The search function appears to be down, but once it is up you should be able to find several threads, long threads in which much potential evidence is discussed and argued over.

I think the citdal send white birds to everyone, I think one was sent to winter fell when fall came ,I forgot which book

We don't happen to know which criterion the Citadel uses to distinguish the seasons, do we? I mean, my main question would be whether it's astronomical (days are getting shorter) or meteorological (days are getting colder). Of course, for all I know maybe they just trust the white ravens to know and let them out when they notice they get restless...

I wanna say white bird was sent to dragonstone during ACOK too.

I just asked, because I'd wanna see the Northernmen's reactions when they see a big white bird in their maester's tower and there's a raging snowstorm.

agreed. now that Summer is beyond the Wall, the magic imbuned into the ice blocks prevents Ghost from detecting his brother.

And the precendece to that is in aSoS, where Jon goes south of the wall and leaves Ghost on the north side of it, he cannot sense Ghost until he himself goes north of the wall. So there is definitely some serious magic in the wall, its not just huge.

And that leads to my own question: Assuming it is Bran who wargs into Mormonts raven when it says "King", how does he manage to do that when he is on the other side of the wall?

Do the maesters send the big white birds to the North to say Winter is here?

I think they send them out for every change of seasons. A white Raven comes to Winterfell at the end of in aGoT and the beginning of aCoK it's mentioned that one had recently arrived to mark the beginning of Fall.

Oh And I got a question, is Dany immune to fire, or at least highly resistant?

I had the same question because we've seen her walk into a fiery death twice now and not get one burn (only losing her hair), yet in Dany's last chapter in aDwD GRRM says she has burns on her hands. If anyone can clear this up for me as well that would be great.

I had the same question because we've seen her walk into a fiery death twice now and not get one burn (only losing her hair), yet in Dany's last chapter in aDwD GRRM says she has burns on her hands. If anyone can clear this up for me as well that would be great.

Also if look at the other people who have been hit by fire that we can name. the slavers face melted, the guy one of the dragons had in his jaws during the taming scene eyes popped when he his head cought on fire and Quentyn got burnt from head to toe and lived the rest of his days in agony it seemed. she's burnt but it doesn't really seem to bother her. Not sure if a furnace windwind means she got in right in the face but it would probably be enough to kill a man.

Only once.

I opened ADwD randomly for something else and reread the second 'burning' passage recently. When Dany goes after Drogon in the arena she doesn't actually get bathed in dragonfire. There is a haze of hot sand, and she feels the furnace wind of his roar (which seems to be normal breath but hotter, roaring, not 'dragonfire' breath) twice, hot enough to blister skin, but there was no actual dragon fire.

And no burned hair either (at least in that chapter).

It seems plausible that her "unburning" during the birth of her dragons was just a one time thing - there was enough magic going on there that the whole situation well classifies as unique.

Dany getting burned by Drogon's hot breath in the Meereen pit seems to indicate that she is no more fireproof than other mortals. Let's hope that she has better sense than to drink a jar of wildfire to prove how immune she is.

Here's one that I haven't been able to find in the numerous threads dealing with Jon: where are his other pals at the wall? Sam wasn't his only friend there--he made a few others and they are mentioned briefly in ADWD as wanting to sup with him. He declines, feeling like he shouldn't mingle with them as friends now that he is LC. But why isn't Jon approaching them to bolster support for his unpopular ideas? Seems odd.

Okay, i have a small question here.

In ACOK, the undying told dany about the "three mounths". One for love, one for lust and one for dread, i think.

Okay, so.. doesn't dany sleep with both daario and that meerenese guy in ADWD? Is she "out of mounts" yet? :D

i know, this looks like a silly question, but i really can't figure it out

It seems plausible that her "unburning" during the birth of her dragons was just a one time thing - there was enough magic going on there that the whole situation well classifies as unique.

Dany getting burned by Drogon's hot breath in the Meereen pit seems to indicate that she is no more fireproof than other mortals. Let's hope that she has better sense than to drink a jar of wildfire to prove how immune she is.

Ahh okay that makes sense.

To answer Whatever. Maybe, she loved Drogo, she probably just lusted after Daario Hizdahr might be for dread.

Only once.

I opened ADwD randomly for something else and reread the second 'burning' passage recently. When Dany goes after Drogon in the arena she doesn't actually get bathed in dragonfire. There is a haze of hot sand, and she feels the furnace wind of his roar (which seems to be normal breath but hotter, roaring, not 'dragonfire' breath) twice, hot enough to blister skin, but there was no actual dragon fire.

And no burned hair either (at least in that chapter).

When they are talking about if dany surived someone said that she couldnt have surived because they say her hair and dress catch fire.

Ahh okay that makes sense.

To answer Whatever. Maybe, she loved Drogo, she probably just lusted after Daario Hizdahr might be for dread.

yes, it might be. But, unless she will stay celibate until she dies, i can't believe she will never have sex again. Either she is going to die (:D) or the undying were wrong.. and that would change something.

"The red star bleeds..." I think that would adequately cover the bleeding part.

We know from Martin that the blue star is for dallas cowboys and the name of the knight is because he lost a bet. Maybe at first it was supost to be a red star but he changed it. I think you could say that the blood covering it is enought to fufill the proficy. Its close enought that you cant rule it out either way.

I recall her having blisters on her hands, not burns, which could have come from her holding on to Drogon's scales for dear life and not from fire.

I recall her having blisters on her hands, not burns, which could have come from her holding on to Drogon's scales for dear life and not from fire.

Because of her immunity to fire, I also thought the blisters might have been from riding and not burning. I will have to look at the text again later. I thought Barristan remembered her hair being on fire in one of his chapters.

Okay, i have a small question here.

In ACOK, the undying told dany about the "three mounths". One for love, one for lust and one for dread, i think.

Okay, so.. doesn't dany sleep with both daario and that meerenese guy in ADWD? Is she "out of mounts" yet? :D

i know, this looks like a silly question, but i really can't figure it out

Not every man she sleeps with is considered a mount of the prophecy, it doesn't mean that she will only have sex with 3 man on her life.

Is the same way with the treason, the prophecy don't mean that she only will be cheated by only 3 people in her life.

I think that the 3 mounts are Drogo, Daario and Drogon.

Archived