Avoid posting spoilers

7V3N

This thread is full of spoilers. Make sure if you are giving a spoiler to do it CORRECTLY. One huge thing that was spoiled for me was about 2/3 through A Storm of Swords.

Roose Bolton stabbing Robb Stark.

Very simply, put

[spoiler]YOUR SPOILER HERE[/spoiler]

to avoid ruining huge things for people like me.

At what point does it stop being a spoiler though? I mean, is this

Ned Stark being executed

still a spoiler? Seriously, aSoS has been out for 11 years now. That's well past the point most places consider something to require a spoiler warning.

Westeros's own rules say:

Spoilers (information from very recently published ASoIaF books/stories or unpublished material red at conventions)should be kept carefully hidden .... In general, the first month or three after a release (it depends on the span of time between the releases in the U.S. and overseas) will be considered a spoiler period

With that being the case, I would have to say anyone getting spoiled about events in a book published so long ago shouldn't complain, it is their own fault they either haven't read that part yet, or their own fault they were reading someplace that would talk about that sort of OLD NEWS.

Hey, here's a spoiler: Darth Vader is Luke's father! To some people, sure that is a spoiler (those few hundred people worldwide who have't seen Star Wars), but for the rest of us, it is old old old news.

If you don't want spoilers on a book that has been out for more than a decade, the onus is on YOU to be careful.

Just my humble take on this. Not an attempt to troll or any such devious intent.

This subforum is for the GoT show, not the book series (therefore, the above quoted text does not apply). There are many people here who have not finished the books yet, because they started the series after the TV show finished its first season. Putting plot spoilers under a spoiler tag is a courtesy to those new to the series.

Archived