Most surprising moment of the series so far?

Valiah

To be honest, Dany's miscarriage at the end of Game of Thrones really got me, not the fact that she lost the child (though that was somewhat shocking) but the way in which it happened - a malformed and unrecognisable baby. with maggots inside, if I correctly recall...

To be honest, Dany's miscarriage at the end of Game of Thrones really got me, not the fact that she lost the child (though that was somewhat shocking) but the way in which it happened - a malformed and unrecognisable baby. with maggots inside, if I correctly recall...

Yes, that completely shocked me too. I remember reading all about her pregnancy, and the Stallion who Mounts the World and thinking that she would give birth and then the books would skip on 20 years to when he's marauding all over the place etc etc. Little did I know!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Re-reading COK and I never get tired of the Hound and his ability to see through much of the garbage that is happening. He's not supposed to be smart and calculated but he is. And though his flight in the battle against Stannis can be viewed as cowardice, it actually took quite a lot for him to abandon that former life. He's leaving all he knows behind, primarily because he can no longerr stand idly by while so many other (more terrible) ppl control his destiny. He doesn't like fire, he is afraid of fire and maybe more so afraid of what is happening all around him, so he finally acts and for the first time that we can see is true to what he believes/wants to do... And although that action is to embrace his fears and run, it is refreshing to see him finally embrace his instincts and maybe become something more than just someone's dog.

Archived