Grey Wolf with Jon ?

Hi All,

I am still reading SoS, in a Jon chapter at about page 470 (in my copy) he is with the wildings and Ygritte at the Queenscrown... They don't know it, but Bran, Jojen, Hodor & Meera are in the holdfast tower in the middle of the little lake, right where they are.... But anyways, my question is about the wolf that comes to help Jon, when all heck breaks loose... Jon thinks to himself "it was to large to be a common wolf. A direwolf then. It had to be. He had never seen an animal move so fast. Like a grey wind...Could Robb have moved to the north?"

Are we to assume that Greywind came to help him?

Or was this Summer, maybe and Bran was warged into him? The Bran chaper previously tells of Bran watching the men acorss the lake at the Inn, and warging into Summer and going to the Inn where the rotten apples are and the smell of blood red fear...

I wonder if Bran will know Jon Snow was there? Does he have the ability when he is in Summer to know who people are? Does he still have human mind and instincts or is he taken by the wolf's mind or ability?

Hi All,

I am still reading SoS, in a Jon chapter at about page 470 (in my copy) he is with the wildings and Ygritte at the Queenscrown... They don't know it, but Bran, Jojen, Hodor & Meera are in the holdfast tower in the middle of the little lake, right where they are.... But anyways, my question is about the wolf that comes to help Jon, when all heck breaks loose... Jon thinks to himself "it was to large to be a common wolf. A direwolf then. It had to be. He had never seen an animal move so fast. Like a grey wind...Could Robb have moved to the north?"

Are we to assume that Greywind came to help him?

Or was this Summer, maybe and Bran was warged into him? The Bran chaper previously tells of Bran watching the men acorss the lake at the Inn, and warging into Summer and going to the Inn where the rotten apples are and the smell of blood red fear...

I wonder if Bran will know Jon Snow was there? Does he have the ability when he is in Summer to know who people are? Does he still have human mind and instincts or is he taken by the wolf's mind or ability?

it was summer, as summer is a grey direwolf, too. i also believe that it should be assumed that bran was controlling him.

for those who have made it a little further.

in the the chapter where bran meets sam, it reveals that bran knew jon was there.

it was summer, as summer is a grey direwolf, too. i also believe that it should be assumed that bran was controlling him.

for those who have made it a little further.

in the the chapter where bran meets sam, it reveals that bran knew jon was there.

Yeah it is Summer. Remember when they thought they heard a noise? It was when Hodor was screaming. Bran changed into Hodor's skin to keep him quiet. And Summer could not go with them, so we know Summer was in the nearby area wandering or hunting. When all of the wildlings appeared around the one man in the inn, Bran went into Summer's skin to investigate. It was there that he helped save Jon, but Bran was forced out because of the pain Summer was enduring and was not able to go back for the same reason. I hope I didn't just spoil anything.

Archived