Red wedding

Fab

I just finished ASOS a few days ago , and so the Red wedding is fresh in my memory.

I knew that there should be a red wedding, but I didn't know which one was the red one and how it will unfold.

When I finally finished reading that part.. I was sad for Robb. I was glad Cat died, she was really annoying me.

[[//spoliers for the rest of the book//]

However it didn't frustrate me at all. I was kinda expecting it to happen.. but then I let my guard down and read the next wedding.. and I got a wonderful surprise there :)

In a way, the red wedding is the climax of the book, but because of that you are relaxed when Joff's wedding happens , and when he dies... that's just awesome. I didn't see it coming.

I actually had the Red Wedding completely spoiled on me and I still found it utterly disgusting and shocking. I don't know what it is about these books but even if something is spoiled, reading it gives so much context that will actually change your mind. I actually think Robb's death was somewhat justified. He was moving too fast, too young, and he was fighting people far more experienced than him. AKA Tywin Lannister. That, and he made mistakes of his own.

Archived