[Pre-ADwD Spoilers] Jon 2 - Spoilers for ADWD

Jon Targaryen

unfortunately I cannot double-check that, as I have lent my book to a recent convert. I think we need Martin's leftenant, Ran to help us out. Or if someone else would kindly set the record straight as to which Glover went to Greywater Watch.

As for the Tallhart kids, one now is the heir to the Tallhart lands, and the other is really young. However all three options (including Snow) are in the hands of the Ironmen, so definitely putting the cart before the horse.

Galbart was sent to Greywater, yes, and is the unwed Master of Deepwood (I think he's the equivalent of a greater landed knight in the North, not a lord).

Robett is said to be put on a ship at Duskendale in exchange for Lannister prisoners. It seems clear he was heading to the North, since Robb said at the Twins that he would have an accounting from him when he saw him.

• 2 months later...

I'm irritated with how much crap Stannis is making Jon eat. Yes, he's a king but Stannis is still a big arsehole. And because Stannis slights Jon over something suddenly all his men and all the queens men are slighting him for nothing. But Jon just smiles and takes it. What I would like to see is Jon do something to slap Stannis back but short of actually getting killed for it. What I fondly imagine is something like this.

Jon stuffs lordly clothes full of straw and makes a Straw Stark. He introduces Stannis to the only Stark Lord that will obey him without hesitation or question. He will not argue and will support Stannis every whim. Jon also points out the Straw Stark is virtually unkillable by mortal weapons. He does warn Stannis to beware of fire and to keep a waterbucket handy in case the Lord Straw Stark catches fire.

He walks out and on the way eviscerates Rattleshirt and that big knight that thinks hes tough shit.

• 1 month later...

My bet is that Mel thinks she is fulfilling the prophecy, she could be just using stannis or she may actually believe AA is him. If she is just trying to manouvre her pawns into place or if she thinks she needs a dragon to kill the others, she is in the same place. Either way, because of how close she is to jon, she thinks she has found a way to wake a stone dragon. She needs the blood of a king to waken one, and some stone to make it out of... Then she could destroy the wall, like summerhall; possibly on purpose and possibly by accident. She could either fail or create a menace that someone will have to deal with. And if there is no wall, then what vows does jon still have as lord commander of something that no longer exists. If he still takes that protectorate of the realm thing seriously, then he would have to have an army, like northmen who are threatened by them, to fight the others, which doesn't violate his vows because it isn't really a glorious job and is what the night's watch was originally doing. That way he could be pushed back pretty far, and then dany and her dragons show up.

• 1 month later...
there was something about horpe being the most formidable of the queensmen. he sigil is three moths on ash and bones.

So, I was wondering about this house. So, what I always do, I google it. And came up with the link to a .doc file with info about this house, and some others.

Just thought that it will be an interesting character, If the info is true

So, I was wondering about this house. So, what I always do, I google it. And came up with the link to a .doc file with info about this house, and some others.

Which other Houses are those? It seems I can only find the Horpe page

Will the people really let Stannis and his army get to Deepwood Motte?

At least some of them know Bran is alive (the Liddles) and Bran has seen others watching them travel through the mountains. And the Liddle (that shared a cave with them) complained that things were much better when a Stark was in Winterfell. I think the word in the mountain folks is that Bran is alive, and they will support him getting the throne back. I doubt any of them would like Stannis and his army, and of course Mel's men who like to burn weirwoods.

Any Stannis victory at Deepwood Motte could be very short lived.

At least some of them know Bran is alive (the Liddles) and Bran has seen others watching them travel through the mountains. And the Liddle (that shared a cave with them) complained that things were much better when a Stark was in Winterfell. I think the word in the mountain folks is that Bran is alive, and they will support him getting the throne back. I doubt any of them would like Stannis and his army, and of course Mel's men who like to burn weirwoods.

I imagine they would be sympathetic to Bran's claim, if he chose to pursue it. Since he isn't, I don't see how his being alive prevents them from at least cooperating with Stannis for a while.

• 2 months later...

i want to know if it was mentioned that mel chose to stay behind or was it Stannis' doing?? cos this could be further testimony that she has seen smtng very important about jon if she chose to stay..i mean it isn't a small task that stannis is undertaking to leave her behind(esp after blackwater).. my .20$

• 1 month later...
i want to know if it was mentioned that mel chose to stay behind or was it Stannis' doing?? cos this could be further testimony that she has seen smtng very important about jon if she chose to stay..i mean it isn't a small task that stannis is undertaking to leave her behind(esp after blackwater).. my .20$

That's why many people are waiting for Jon and Mel to start um...getting busy at some point.

• 1 month later...

Stannis doesn't have the men to garrison Deepwood or any other place, that's why he has actively been looking for Northern lords to take care of the North. I would suspect he would return Deepwood to whichever Northern lord will swear fealty and then leave. He will likely not force the Weirwood issue either, I got the sense he was doing that specifically to Jon as a way for Jon to prove his loyalty.

Other than swearing fealty to him I would suspect after a couple of victories they won't hate Stannis more than they hate the Boltons and Ironborn.

Many of them may by this point recognize that he is the rightful King of Westeros and always was. Perchance they have seen the folly in having declared for a boy king who led them to war leaving their homes to fall to the Ironborn or the Boltons.

Keep in mind, more than a couple of the Northern lords, or their families are aware of what the Bastard of Bolton did to...who was it? I want to say Lady Glover but that would be wrong. It had Rodrick all pissed off. Top that off with the Red Wedding and they are none to pleased with the Boltons, or any order King's Landing gives regarding who the overlord of the North is.

• 6 months later...

spoiler ADWD:

in asha chapter we see stannis forces attack the motte

• 11 months later...

First time i've read these notes, thanks Jughead and Jon tary!... While I hope Jon doesn't turn out to have tarygen blood in him or to marry Dany, interesting name!!!!

There was actually a line I think in the chapters of either Dany or Jon, the one's Martin posts on his site... that hinted at Dany coming to the wall first, with her dragons.. or coming their eventually. I can't recall the line, somethign about fire coming to ice.. i don't know i'll have to look up what line gave me that impressions, as if that was what was being alluded to.

---

Anyway as for this new content... I think Jon "helps stannis" it's the best thing he can do to get him off the wall for now, and figure out how to solve thigns, right now he's stuck, and if he's completely unco-operative, the wall and he will pay...

I think as a literary device it's useful now Jon can directly deal with the real character behidn all this action Melisandre... who prefers to "toy" i guess is the word, as opposed to stanniss method of just like "you kneel before me and do what i say, or i destroy your wall" Melisandre I think as much as she likes to manipulate also could be turned against stannis, or decide to help Jon. And to be honest I would not be surprised if she's developed a love interest in Jon. There isn't enough in the books to support this (And I will BET money jon would not return such interests), but she does have a pecuilar interest in him, and is willing to talk to him, and let him know things that would probably be better for her cause if she just kept to herself. I also think Melisandre is amused by jon to say the least, if not more... And it'll be interesting what she does once stannis is gone and it's just her and Jon on the wall. I think Jon will have a lot more freedom at that point, since stannis and much of stannis army will be gone.

• 3 months later...

Ummm...Isn't it confirmed that Mel is one of the new POV?

On another note...regarding Mel's statement that she see's Jon in a storm, Ice and blood everywhere and what not...

Am I the only one thinking that Jon might go on a solo mission near the end of the book on some quest to find Benjen? Or maybe a weapon to help defeat the others? Or maybe the Others will begin their attack on the wall?

Anyone know how many years DWD will take place in? I mean GRRM has said it will go well past AFFC...which I'm assuming was a year.

Archived