[Pre-ADwD Spoilers] Jon 2 - Spoilers for ADWD

Jon Targaryen

It's the passage where Davos tries to talk of out of sacrifice Edric Storm, and Stannis tells him that he knows the price is high but he himself will pay a even higher price, and that he saw a King consumed by flames in his vision, and presumes that it is himself, and that the coming conflict will kill him.

I gues the King consumed by flames turned out to be Mance.

I wonder if Jon's finding out about Robb's letter will make any difference in whether or not he takes Winterfell. I can understand not wanting it from Stannis. But a vow is a vow. Unless the fall of the Wall and final defeat of the Others happens, Jon will probably die a LC of the NW.

Side note: Osha's taking Rickon to Skagos - isn't that the island where they're supposed to be cannibals? :sick:

Jon is the 998th Lord Commander of the Nights Watch. That is more than enough for any man. He also suspects that Bran is still alive. He would never take the lordship of Winterfell. To much honor, he said the words & until the Wall falls will remain there.

Winter is Coming.

I think the Wall will fall. Me wonders what will happen after that... who will be Bran the Builder - REBORN!

{i just see Martin working with an apocalyptic setting, as opposed to another fight on the wall - like in ASOS ... & I don't believe the Others will just get wiped away by three dragons... can't wait to see what tricks the Others have up their sleeves}

Also, i wouldn't be surprised if the horn they burned wasn't "the horn of darkness". No body really tested it... and it seems like a thing the Others would hold dear.

Jon is the 998th Lord Commander of the Nights Watch. That is more than enough for any man. He also suspects that Bran is still alive. He would never take the lordship of Winterfell. To much honor, he said the words & until the Wall falls will remain there.

Winter is Coming.

Jon knows that Bran’s wolf Summer is alive and beyond the Wall. He don’t suspect that Bran is still alive. What is right that he will never accept Winterfell.

I think Jon is Azor Ahai reborn is not one person,but two or three persones-Dany and Jon and maybe Tyrion,but just maybe!If anyone agree with me let me know!

I think Azor Ahai reborn is not one person,but two or three persones-Dany and Jon and maybe Tyrion,but just maybe!If anyone agree with me let me know!

I think Jon is Azor Ahai reborn is not one person,but two or three persones-Dany and Jon and maybe Tyrion,but just maybe!If anyone agree with me let me know!

I think Azor Ahai reborn is not one person,but two or three persones-Dany and Jon and maybe Tyrion,but just maybe!If anyone agree with me let me know!

Dragon has three heads but Azor Ahai was one person and never associated directly with dragons. We don’t know if Mel’s prophecy and the prophecy known to others are the same. And Dany Jon and Tyrion could be all dragon’s heads but there are other theories as well.

Dragon has three heads but Azor Ahai was one person and never associated directly with dragons. We don’t know if Mel’s prophecy and the prophecy known to others are the same. And Dany Jon and Tyrion could be all dragon’s heads but there are other theories as well.

Jon will never be a Dragon rider, unless Ghost dies.

Anyway Jon will leave the Nightswatch during aDwD. Because.

1. He can do much more as Lord Regent of the North than Lord Commander, including sorting out Stannis by bringing a Northern Army to the Wall.

2. He is the only one who can forge some kind of sembelence of Unity out of the North intime (ok thats not an Evil Prick(Bolton)). Bran can't do it and has better things to do it, Rickon no chance in hell. Sansa a remote outside chance, Arya a little more than Rickon but less Bran.

3. he is the 998th LC, I am sorry but thats asking for something bad to happen. Personnel Theory, the last PoV will be some guy saying he is the 1000th Lord Commander of the Nightswatch and his Watch is just begining looking at a the Wall being rebuild/improved.

Admitelly I can't really be bothered to discuss this cause I ain't changing my mind and I prefer to wait and see and do my "I told you so" dance.

I'll be like :cool: and You'll be like :cry: and I'll be like :P then :lol:

Interesting stuff... Thanks for the quick reply.

I forgot about Lady Mormont… I wish Sam was still on the wall, it would’ve been a nice if Sam could tell Lady Mormont of Lord Mormont’s dying words ---> and somehow Lady Mormont relaying the message to Jorah (Just kinda feel bad for the guy).

Methinks Lady Mormont won't even need to relay the message - Sam and Jorah will have the opportunity to speak...

Whether he takes the message seriously is another matter but if the Wall still stands at the end of the series it would be nice to see Jorah Mormont in charge...

Whether he takes the message seriously is another matter but if the Wall still stands at the end of the series it would be nice to see Jorah Mormont in charge...

I totally agree with that. Jorah Mormont would make an awesome Lord Commander (if the Wall falls and Jon follows his destiny... whatever that… *cough**cough* TARGARYEN *cough**cough* ... maybe) :D

Here's some info on the person Jon Snow is supposed to keep a weary eye on...

A guy or girl named thupple said this:

"...So I think Asha WILL rescue Theon, possibly with the aid of Kyra if she is willing and able. Once she has him, she will take him to their mother if possible. Yet somehow I think it is more likely they will get caught up in all the goings on with Stannis and Jon north of Moat Cailin as she is on her back to the Iron Islands by way of the Saltspear, where I guess she will have left her ship and travelled overland to the Dreadfort (rather than going around by sea, due to the war and the dangers of going the sea route). If I am wrong, and she takes the sea route, I think they will be caught and detained along that route, but I think there is far more interest if she takes the route overland, and runs into Jon while she is with Theon. THEN we have the potential for Jon to find out that Bran and Rickon still live, and that Arya is not at the Dreadfort. What he will do with that info is anyone's guess, probably not a lot he can do, being tied to the wall, except spread the information, and that could cause things to happen indirectly. People will start searching for Bran and Rickon (not realizing that Bran, at least, has gone beyond the Wall) and the Northern lords will have another reason to revolt against the Dreadfort, seeing as how they do NOT have hold of a legitimate heir to Winterfell. After questioning, I think Jon will decide to give Theon the choice of taking the Black, knowing it will be a punishment to him, and that the Wall desperately needs every man (and Theon is a helluva bowman, if nothing else). So I think Theon will take the black, and will find redemption on that path. But then what of Asha? Will she be allowed to go free? Maybe Stannis will try and bring her in to the war, her ships could be useful, and Stannis might promise her to help bring down Euron.

Anyway, just musing."

Possible SPOILER:

If thupple is right, then, maybe Theon is "the enemy who smiles at you" (the guy Melisandre warns Jon about) !!! Oh, that would be so cool because i won't have to suspect Pyp, Grenn, and all of his friends

Wasn't the path cleared, at the end of A Storm of Swords, just before Robb died, for Jon to become the new King in the North?

I can't imagine this plot thread will be dropped.

The North is fractured and Jon does not look like to break his vows. Bolton and his like have sworn themselves to the Iron Throne, The Karstarks and maybe White Harbor (crosses fingers) are with Stannis, and there are still iron men at Deepwood and Moat Cailin. There is no king in the north, though I would hope to hear what happened with those who reached the Greywater with Robb's letter...

except that taking the title king in the north would be a death sentance in more ways than just abandoning his vows. It's not exactly safe to be declared royalty in westeros.

Unless, events take a crazy turn, with Jon stabbing Missalndre w/ longclaw (She might do something to intentionally provoke him in doing so... thus bringing the prophecy to come to pass) His sword lights up and heat resonates from the sword and he becomes The Prince Who Was Promised. No, claim will go against him then. But this just seems too much of a crackpot theory (and that would be stupid as hell, if Jon forsook the old gods).

I think Jon Snow will get some fire in his veins when he breaks his vows with Mel... hey she's on the wall, he's on the wall, its cold and winter is coming... best embrace the fire

And what kind of shadow child would that union produce?

Mayhaps the shadow of Ice and Fire.Or Ghost's spookier brrother.

Hm. A direwolf shadow that would tear the throat out. Interesting. I have wondered what happens to those shadows she lets forth...where do they go? And whose bidding do they do - hers or Stannis'?

Well. When all is said and done, I do hope someone with some Stark blood is the Prince who was Promised. It would be a shame if it were a Lannister or Frey.

When all is said and done, I do hope someone with some Stark blood is the Prince who was Promised. It would be a shame if it were a Lannister or Frey.

isn't Dany pretty definitely the Prince who was promised?

isn't Dany pretty definitely the Prince who was promised?

Not until someone has a sword that glows and resonates heat from within (according to Maester Aemon). Till, then… nothing is definite. Also, I think only a blade made of Valyrian steel could manage such a transformation (and Jon is the only cool guy with a Valyrian blade, at the moment).

{assuming that Azor Ahai and the Prince Reborn are the same people, which many people don't think so}

Archived