Gilly

ladyriverrun

I've just been introduced to the Character Gilly while reading ACOC. I searched the internet to find out more about her character and I came to the fact that

Jon switched her baby.

Why did he do that?

I think this might belong in the AFFC forum

but in case I am wrong....

He had them swapped to save Mance's child from being burned for having "kings blood"

I am pretty sure that is a spoiler from AFFC.

Yeah, I have only read through the first few chapters of AFFC, and this still has not happened yet -- definitely not in ASOS. Such is the peril of reading about characters online!

Yes, this is answered in one of the first Samwel chapters in AFfC

I think this might belong in the AFFC forum

but in case I am wrong....

He had them swapped to save Mance's child from being burned for having "kings blood"

I am pretty sure that is a spoiler from AFFC.

Thanks for answering! The site I got this information from made me believe it was written post acok. That's why I thought this was the right place to post my question. Sorry if I posted it wrong.

• 1 month later...

I've just been introduced to the Character Gilly while reading ACOC. I searched the internet to find out more about her character and I came to the fact that

Jon switched her baby.

Why did he do that?

ADWD spoilers

so that Stannis and Melisandre wouldn't burn the infant for its "king's blood", Jon switched Mance's son and Gilly's and sent Gilly with Sam to Oldtown along with Mance's baby. Same reason he sent Maester Aemon Targaryen - to avoid him being burned alive for "king's blood."

Archived