Meeting up in Reno

Padraig

Just got back from the Art of Game of Thrones panel at Worldcon, I think George revealed a nice little detail about Dragonstone that was previously unknown.

George said that artists have trouble with Dragonstone because they draw it like a normal castle with dragon statues adorning the walls. It is the only castle in Westeros built by the Valyrians and they had a powerful magic which could liquify stone and shape it how they want. (Inspiration for Stone-made-soft in the Long Price perhaps?) So Dragonstone is literally shaped as a dragon with doorways opening in their mouths.

Martina Pilcerova said "why did you not tell me that before".

He looks happy as anything to me. He will be at the party, don't worry about that.

As for making it to the throne for 8.00pm I am less sure about that. The wedding ceremony was 50 minutes late starting. We have just had an incredible dinner and soon will be the cutting of the cake. We will keep everyone updated on how things are going over here.

One last breakfast at the Purple Parrot if anybody's up! About to head to the airport in an hour.

It has been a blast. I loved seeing everyone again...or for the first time.

Can't wait for Chicago.

L-

Archived