Just another girl upset about his chapter.

The late lady stark

I created an account on this site just so that I could throw a tantrum about what happened at the Red Wedding. They were two of my favorite characters. I'm so sad.

Catelyn's one of your favourite characters? I can sympathise with Robb, but not his crazy bitch of a mother. Do you think it will be good for development of the overall plot though?

I was shocked when I saw how many people hated Catelyn.. I don't see why really. I didn't like her at first because of the way she was with Jon, but her reasons are understandable really. She made a few bad calls throughout the other books, but in the end it was all just to take care of her family.

The RW chapter is horrible but so good at the same time.

I just hope that the Frey's and the Bolton's get murdered over the next few books.

I was shocked when I saw how many people hated Catelyn.. I don't see why really. I didn't like her at first because of the way she was with Jon, but her reasons are understandable really. She made a few bad calls throughout the other books, but in the end it was all just to take care of her family.

I just hope that the Frey's and the Bolton's get murdered over the next few books.

I'm hoping that Nymeria or Summer get a chance to kill the Freys and Boltons. Poetic justice that a direwolf gets to kill them after what they did to Robb and Grey Wind.

Catelyn's one of your favourite characters? I can sympathise with Robb, but not his crazy bitch of a mother. Do you think it will be good for development of the overall plot though?

Well I can sympathize with Catelyn too. She was a bitch to Jon, but other than that her main fault was her fierce protection of her family. I thought the dynamics of her being "commanded" by her son were really interesting, and I thought overall she was a pretty noble person. Which I like a little of now and then. But all that went to shit and she ended up

killing a poor half-whit kid in a desperate and stupid attempt to save her son.

so tragic.

But yes I do think it makes the plot more interesting.

Jon now is heir to winterfell and the North I presume.

So that will make his story more interesting. I wonder if Jeyne will end up being pregnant.

I didn't dislike Catelyn. I kind of liked her, but a lot of the bad that fell upon the Starks shoulders occurred because of her choices. She just made bad desicions and it cost them everything. Granted she steered that way by a trusted childhood friend.

But than again, Robb made a couple of bad choices as well. And I'm not even counting marrying Jayne. But if he was willing to notice Greywinds mistrust of the Freys perhaps they both could have kept their heads.

It is a great chapter,they way you get inside Catelyn's head. Her paranoia (well what we think is paranoia) the insanity of the less-than-talented musicians. The flowing wine that gets the Northmen drunk. It all leads up to it so perfectly. Then it's just shock. I put the book down when I realized what was happening, Then lay awake for 2 hours. Then had to finish it. Ug.

I created an account on this site just so that I could throw a tantrum about what happened at the Red Wedding. They were two of my favorite characters. I'm so sad.

Aaargh!!! I'm approaching the Red Wedding chapters and am afraid to read them. I know what happens and it all sounds so terrible and people are so upset. Help! I know it'll leave horrible visions in my mind....Do you think it's possible to skip over some of it? Where should I pick up?

Aaargh!!! I'm approaching the Red Wedding chapters and am afraid to read them. I know what happens and it all sounds so terrible and people are so upset. Help! I know it'll leave horrible visions in my mind....Do you think it's possible to skip over some of it? Where should I pick up?

Oh I think you should still read it. It's a short chapter anyway. And reading what leads up to it is so well done! Plus it won't be that bad since you know what happens. Courage! ;)

Oh, I'm fairly certain you'd like the pie better.

Oh interesting. I'm starting to get an idea because I just read about the "Rat Cook" and how {Kinda a Spoiler....if I'm RIGHT :))

the reason the God's cursed him was not because he murdered, fed a king his son in a pie, but because he broke the sacred guest law...like Frey did en force. So I can only hope he gets the same treatment.

Oh I think you should still read it. It's a short chapter anyway. And reading what leads up to it is so well done! Plus it won't be that bad since you know what happens. Courage! ;)

OKAY...I took a deep breath and read it...read it fast so as not to linger too much. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...probably cuz it wasn't such a shock. And, you're right about the leading up to it...I probably would've missed some of that if I hadn't known. That was pretty well done, I must say. I think it started with all that rain...seems like the old gods were trying to tell them not to go. Tks for the encouragement.

It is a great chapter,they way you get inside Catelyn's head. Her paranoia (well what we think is paranoia) the insanity of the less-than-talented musicians. The flowing wine that gets the Northmen drunk. It all leads up to it so perfectly. Then it's just shock. I put the book down when I realized what was happening, Then lay awake for 2 hours. Then had to finish it. Ug.

You didnt see it coming in the house of the undying?

Archived