Just another girl upset about his chapter.

The late lady stark

I read the Wedding this morning. I put the book down and have no desire to keep reading. I am a girl and has sobbed my eyes out all morning. YES I CRIED. ALL morning. I feel in despair, i know its ridiculous! Im trying really hard to summon the energy but most of all courage to keep on reading. I think this is the moment to pick that chick lit i got for my birthday and give myself a couple of days' break....

I am glad i joined the forum, i have been reading the series for the past 2 months, as my husband and best friend, but they are so far behind i cant discuss anything with them!!!

It's worth summoning the energy to finish the novel as ASOS is a fantastic piece of literature. I would say to anyone who wanted to cut ties with the series after the RW to do so after finishing ASOS. Feast and ADWD are nowhere near as good as ASOS in terms of writing quality.

I read the Wedding this morning. I put the book down and have no desire to keep reading. I am a girl and has sobbed my eyes out all morning. YES I CRIED. ALL morning. I feel in despair, i know its ridiculous! Im trying really hard to summon the energy but most of all courage to keep on reading. I think this is the moment to pick that chick lit i got for my birthday and give myself a couple of days' break....

I am glad i joined the forum, i have been reading the series for the past 2 months, as my husband and best friend, but they are so far behind i cant discuss anything with them!!!

That's how I've been feeling since I read the chapter last night. Going to give myself a break with the book before I urge on I think.

Cupcake girl, I'm with you. I was afraid to read that chapter after hearing what was gonna happen, but I got support here too...Late Catelyn Stark encouraged me to read it, so I did. Yeah, it was gut-wrenching, but you have to keep reading. There is good stuff coming. And, especially, you need to read the last Bran chapter (there's a hint of retribution) and Arya Chapter 12. Hey, you're over the hump now.

It's worth summoning the energy to finish the novel as ASOS is a fantastic piece of literature. I would say to anyone who wanted to cut ties with the series after the RW to do so after finishing ASOS. Feast and ADWD are nowhere near as good as ASOS in terms of writing quality.

I think there are still enough good stuff in those books to make them worth reading it .

Keep reading! I was also upset after reading that chapter, but there are some things coming up that I think most readers will feel make up for it (at least somewhat). You don't want to end on a sad/mad note, and ther are some really awesome things coming up.

Girl, I feel you. We all feel you. It is therapeutic to find people who you can share the grief with when nobody in your everyday life can understand! (I tried explaining to a non-reader and basically got the blank stare in response) I really can't remember the last time a book sucker punched me the way the Red Wedding chapter did. It was as though I was past the point of tears. (maybe it hasn't sunk in yet! - I'm half way through AFFC and am still in disbelief!) Trust me though, the rest of ASoS is kick ass and you'll be glad you pushed through. That book is just hands down AWESOME. I can't imagine any of the other ones matching it. They're still entertaining, but ASoS is on another level.

My Ladies i understand the sadness you feel, even i felt the tragedy of what happened. You must remember it has a purpose and what happened couldn't have happened any other way. Be strong this rollercoaster has many more ups and downs before the end.

Wishful thinking...

Like wishing Ned back to life through....

Well, any number of contrivances... Like the Lord of ************ using the secret magic he got at the ********.

Sorry... dont know how to make a spoiler box and half the speculation here, however unlikely is based on facts from books 3,4,5.

On another RW note... cant wait for next season of the Show when it happens and youtube is full of "Leave Britany Stark alone" videos again

RW won't be until season 3 maybe 4 since their considering splitting the A Storm of Swords into 2 seasons.

It is a great chapter,they way you get inside Catelyn's head. Her paranoia (well what we think is paranoia) the insanity of the less-than-talented musicians. The flowing wine that gets the Northmen drunk. It all leads up to it so perfectly. Then it's just shock. I put the book down when I realized what was happening, Then lay awake for 2 hours. Then had to finish it. Ug.

Don't forget Theon dreamed about this happening way back in A Clash of Kings, so if anyone really watched that scene they would know it was coming inevitably.

Yeah, RW was painful, although I felt a little foreboding with the whole wife swap. To be honest, after reading that part I almost gave up on the series. It just didn't seem fair. Like what others said, Robb and Catelyn were two of my favorite characters and I got caught up in the Young Wolf's victories. Then suddenly it was over.

But really, that's what is so briliant about GRRM. It's realistic in a sense, that anyone can just die no matter how great they are. But it's also profound, in that the struggles of individuals and their worries and cares don't really amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world (sorry, couldn't resist). The world moves on without them.

Hello my FireIce fellows! You will be glad to hear thet your words of encouragement pushed me over the wall and have resumed reading ASOS. I am halfway through and surprised by

the end of Sansa chapter after the wedding when she is "rescued" by Littlefinger.

Im taking it slowly this time, just so i can cope better with whatever the story throws me.

Thank you! Thank you for understanding what i'm going through!!! hahahahaha

Well I can sympathize with Catelyn too. She was a bitch to Jon, but other than that her main fault was her fierce protection of her family. I thought the dynamics of her being "commanded" by her son were really interesting, and I thought overall she was a pretty noble person. Which I like a little of now and then. But all that went to shit and she ended up

killing a poor half-whit kid in a desperate and stupid attempt to save her son.

so tragic.

But yes I do think it makes the plot more interesting.

Jon now is heir to winterfell and the North I presume.

So that will make his story more interesting. I wonder if Jeyne will end up being pregnant.

I hate Catelyn Stark the most in ASOIAF, even more than Cersei and Joffrey, shes made so many mistakes that cost the lives of alot of innocents, including her family, she kidnapped Tyrion which triggered the war, she released Jaime which set a clear path to the Red Wedding, theres so many reasons why I hate her and I really have no clue why people actually defend her (my guess is that there will always be people who love to rebel against the rebellions)

SPOILERS BELOW

The hate I have for her isn't even the kind of love to hate kind of hate neither , lol, I just really dislike her character because of how selfish stuckup and unreasonable she is, and especially at the end of ASOS, her killing the innocent boy just topped it all off for me and basically explained her character in a nutshell.

sry I don't know how to use the spoiler option

I've just read the RW as well.

I'm gutted. I actually liked Catelyn as well, as a mother myself I can understand why she did some of what she did and was always sympathetic to her.

Robb on the other hand I never really felt connected to, perhaps that's cos he never had a POV but I always felt he was too one dimensional.

To coin a phrase- THE PLOT THICKENS!!

I can't say that I was surprised by what happened to Robb. I could feel it coming for a while...starting with his marriage and then his dismissal of Grey Wind....I guess I just knew it had to happen. I was a bit surprised and horrified at the events of the Red Wedding, but it was a great scene. I too, felt bad for the poor little fool when Catelyn slits his throat:( Cat was starting to annoy me (though I sympathized with her plight and understand why she might go mad at the end there...)

Anyhow, despite the shock of the Red Wedding, the book is like a rollercoaster afterwards! I mean, WOW...exciting and gripping till the last page. The Red Wedding was just the start of the shocks and excitement.

• 4 weeks later...

Am I the only one that was sad to see Dacey Mormont die? I know we didn't know her that well, but I was hoping to get to know her better.

Martin has a few nice sentences describing her at the Red Wedding. How she is really pretty once she is out of her armor and in a dress. I was really looking forward to getting to know her better. I think I might have been just as sad to see her die as I was for Robb and Cate.

I'm not really sure why.

Archived