Just another girl upset about his chapter.

The late lady stark

I think, upon reading that chapter when I did, I was definitely upset for Robb his loss was the greatest. Then after that Grey Wind. It was a bit frustrating to see him disregard his wolf even though part of him wondered if the direwolves had good senses, even after losing faith in the wolves being able to protect them after thinking that Summer and Shaggydog had failed to protect Bran and Rickon. I think the other part of him was trying to play it off as if war had changed his wolf into something dangerous, plus his doubts. Either way, I wished he still listened to his flippin wolf.

I don't hate Catelyn, but I didn't like her either. I do feel like HER mistakes were some of the biggest mistakes. Also, I understand her grief for her children, but she kept doing irrational things that hindered her son's cause rather than help him. Just like with Bran when he was still in Winterfell and hadn't woken up (to her knowledge) and she made the irrational decision to take Tyrion prisoner, and that only hurt Ned. I feel like she had a tendency to only think of herself in these times and not stopping to look at the bigger picture, and in the end it only hurt her even more than if she had left well enough alone. In turn, however, she did give Robb some good counsel.

I rather wish that some of the people who died at the Red Wedding didn't, but after reading that chapter I took a break to make some food, and then once I was finished eating I went back to reading, and I don't regret it at all. I rather liked ASoS as a whole.

I haven't read the RW chapter yet but know it's coming. :( I'm dreading it so much. This morning I read the chapter where Danearys buys the slaves in Astapor then speaks "Dracarys" so Drogon burns everything up. I was so engrossed with that and the chapter where Tyrion and Sansa marry that I missed by stop to get off the Metro and come to by almost 3 blocks!! I've never done that before! I never looked up from my Nook at all. And now I've been thinking about the story so much I can't get any work done! Poor Sansa. Every time she allows herself even the tiniest thought of possible happiness, she's trampled on all over again. As readers, when will we get any relief?? The emotions are so crazy! I love it!! (And yes, GRRM...I'm afraid to turn the page for fear of what happens next)

Catelyn's one of your favourite characters? I can sympathise with Robb, but not his crazy bitch of a mother. Do you think it will be good for development of the overall plot though?

How exactly is Catelyn a "crazy bitch"?

She makes mistakes, no doubt. But for the most part, she's honestlyl tried to help counsel Robb wisely. She released Jaime, which was a huge error as it lost Robb his edge over Tywin, but can you really not understand her motivations? A woman who has lost everything but her oldest son - she's lost Ned, Bran and Rickon (she thinks, for the latter two), and her daughters are lost to her as well (Sansa was wed to Tyrion last Catelyn heard, and Arya is thought dead). Her reasons for releasing Jaime make sense.

I do NOT understand the Catelyn hate. Is it because she is chilly toward Jon Snow? Surely that is a character flaw, but what character in this series is perfect? Eddard? Nope...either he fathered a bastard or is hiding a huge secret (which created enmity and mistrust between him and his wife), and then lies yet again to save Sansa (honor would have had him tell the truth - but his love for his daughter swayed him to lie, again). Nobody else is perfect in these stories, nor is Catelyn, but she certainly isn't a "crazy bitch". I seriously just don't understand.

• 3 years later...

To be honest ,I started reading books only after watching tv series and when I saw Red Weeding I was totally surprised, because they don't give you as much information before and during Red Weeding as they do in the books, while reading its a bit obvious that something bad is going to happen,something really bad.Books are so awesome in giving you little clues.

Archived