Winds of Winter Reading at WorldCon

gbellinator

Hey Guys,

On the Not A Blog, George has stated he is doing a reading for TWoW at Worldcon.

Is there a plan for the forum here to discuss that reading? I was curious if we would see a new TWoW Forum to avoid spoilers.

Just Curious!

:lol: Already! Sounds sensible though.

He did have a lot of chapters done that were yanked from ADWD. I guess he's decided they're final, then. :wideeyed:

I am thinking it is going to be one of the chapters meant for ADWD but didn't make the cut. There were some Sansa chapters that got moved IIRC, so I am thinking it will be one of those.

I am thinking it is going to be one of the chapters meant for ADWD but didn't make the cut. There were some Sansa chapters that got moved IIRC, so I am thinking it will be one of those.

Hopefully its a Sansa chapter :D

From what I remember there are a few that din't make the cut like an Arienna one

Arianne, Damphair and Sansa seem like the strongest possibilities to me. GRRM has mentioned finishing chapters of theirs and their stories haven't moved on since AFfC. Maybe Sam too.

Please, please, anyone but these two.

I would be happy hearing a Meereenese-redshirtguy-#11 POV rather than a Damphair or Arianne...

On edit: If it's a Westeros POV, crossing my fingers for Brienne, Sansa, or Jaime.

If it's in the East, eagerly hoping for Victarion. (I know, I know, but I cannot rationally explain my strange preoccupation with his badassery.)

He did have a lot of chapters done that were yanked from ADWD. I guess he's decided they're final, then. :wideeyed:

Not necessarily final... I've personally heard two different versions of the second Jon chapter in ADWD at readings, and there were different versions of some Dany and Tyrion chapters read too. Material at readings isn't always final draft.

Not necessarily final... I've personally heard two different versions of the second Jon chapter in ADWD at readings, and there were different versions of some Dany and Tyrion chapters read too. Material at readings isn't always final draft.

Mormont, will y'all be creating a TWOW subforum after the con? Like the old Pre-ADWD archive? And are you going to be there... :)

Please, please, anyone but these two.

I would be happy hearing a Meereenese-redshirtguy-#11 POV rather than a Damphair or Arianne...

On edit: If it's a Westeros POV, crossing my fingers for Brienne, Sansa, or Jaime.

If it's in the East, eagerly hoping for Victarion. (I know, I know, but I cannot rationally explain my strange preoccupation with his badassery.)

I hated the first Damphair chapter in AFFC, but come on, his view of the King's Moot was AWESOME!!! He's also a very deep character, there has been some chatter on this board that he was sexually abused by Euron as a child which makes a re-read really creepy but I can appreciate the artfulness of it.

I'd also like a Sansa chapter (can't believe I just said that) or Arya.

Is Davos asking for too much?

Archived