[ADWD SPOILERS] Bran

The Pita

It's been a long time since I posted last, and I'm not sure if this has been brought up before or not.

Bran's at Brynden Rivers' now, and he's wedded to a tree. I'm not quite sure exactly what that entails, but it's pretty clear he's not moving anywhere. That means that any actions Bran takes will be magical ones.

Rivers told him he can't influence the past, but in ASOS a passage struck me as a little odd... I don't have an e-book copy to look it up easily and I haven't marked the page, but Jon is next to a weirwood at a certain point and it tells him something. He looks at it, and sees his brother's face. It doesn't specify which brother, but it seems clear it's Bran. At the time I first read it, it seemed like maybe something Bran was doing in his sleep, but maybe it's from the future. It's kind of slim evidence to base anything on, but so are most theories, but is it possible that Rivers, for all of the Bloodraven glory, simply isn't as good a greenseer as Bran is/will be? And that the way the Others will be defeated is by Bran setting off certain events in time, leading towards what has happened?

This can probably be looked into much better by someone with more book fu than me...

Anyone care giving it a go with either a "you're stupid" or a "you're a genius and I'm going to marry you"?

Archived