Whilst reading ASOS

starks

So I'm about 200 pages into ASOS

and why have you disappointed me Robb? I hope this is not the first of many mistakes, marrying Jeyne Westerling was not a good choice. I hope this isn't a start of many mistakes especially since he is one of my favourite characters from (probably) my favourite house.

He'll stop making those stupid mistakes later on in the book.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I hope so.

Yeah this was a bad mistake and one I was expecting to happen, I knew he would never have been marrying a Frey (and knew Arya wouldn't either), it would have been too easy.

I'm probably rather naive for expecting that to happen then xD

He learns his lessons right quick like. That was a youthful error that he makes in trying to be honourable.

He is young, I guess it would be expected he would make a few mistakes as King.

260 pages into ASOS:

TYRION AND SANSA?!!?! NOOOOO WAYYYY

So I'm about 200 pages into ASOS

and why have you disappointed me Robb? I hope this is not the first of many mistakes, marrying Jeyne Westerling was not a good choice. I hope this isn't a start of many mistakes especially since he is one of my favourite characters from (probably) my favourite house.

In another forum someone suggested they they need to change their house motto to "bros before hoes" :)

In another forum someone suggested they they need to change their house motto to "bros before hoes" :)

Haha exactly. That sounds just about right.

About 300 pages in and I can say that I really love the female characters in this book. Brienne, Sansa, Arya, Daenerys, Catelyn... all amazing characters.

Haha exactly. That sounds just about right.

About 300 pages in and I can say that I really love the female characters in this book. Brienne, Sansa, Arya, Daenerys, Catelyn... all amazing characters.

I personally couldn't stand Catelyn until the end of SoS.

Other than that I agree though. In GoT I despised Sansa, but came to realize that her follies were largely due to her youth and associated knowledge. Since then she has grown to become one of my favourite POV characters (never thought I would have said that!).

I am a Sansa and Catelyn fan too, although wasn't keen on Sansa in the first book. I have just finished ASOS Steel and Snow and am looking forward to starting the second ASOS book when I go on holiday tomorrow! I've not been too keen on Bran's chapters - not liking the 'warg' bits. It really frustrated me that Jon Snow and Bran were at the same place at the same time at the end of the book but didn't know!! Also, when Arya was so close to Riverrun and Brienne had just passed by and could have returned her to her Mum! GRRM really does like to make those Stark's suffer!

I enjoy each of the female POVs excepting Arya. I feel that she spends her chapters in ACoC and ASoS going nowhere fast.

I think that is kind of the idea GRRM was trying to get across. She goes from one place to another, to another, to another, and never getting where she needs to be, or should I say where she WANTS to be. I think her story is great

and even better when she meets up with the Hound. And what happens in that cave. That's the last chapter I read today.

As for Cat, at this point I do not like her. Actually I can't stand her.

And Brienne, I didn't like her at first. Really, I didn't like her up untill

her journey with Jaime.

Her character really started to develop and she seemed more like a human.

I think that is kind of the idea GRRM was trying to get across. She goes from one place to another, to another, to another, and never getting where she needs to be, or should I say where she WANTS to be. I think her story is great

and even better when she meets up with the Hound. And what happens in that cave. That's the last chapter I read today.

As for Cat, at this point I do not like her. Actually I can't stand her.

And Brienne, I didn't like her at first. Really, I didn't like her up untill

her journey with Jaime.

Her character really started to develop and she seemed more like a human.

I also disliked Cat, until I thought about House Tully's word's. Cat is the perfect embodiment of "Family, Duty, Honor" to a fault. Her treatment of Jon Snow was horrible, but she did what she did because she never took Jon in as family.

I'm about 700 pages in and I've taken a break from the book for now

ASOS spoilers:

The Red Wedding hit me hard

That's why I asked. I had figured as much. :D

Most people stop reading for a time after that.

But you should definitely continue. The worst has passed and now you're in for some real awesome treats.

But you should definitely continue. The worst has passed and now you're in for some real awesome treats.

It's been a little over a week since I've stopped reading. I do intend on picking up again soon but it's going to be a while at this rate :worried:

I had the total opposite reaction. The red wedding hit me hard but only caused me to read faster, and I was so glad I did because the rest of the book was filled with awesomeness. :)

I had the total opposite reaction. The red wedding hit me hard but only caused me to read faster, and I was so glad I did because the rest of the book was filled with awesomeness. smile.gif

I wish I was like that! It's been ages since I stopped reading and I don't feel like continuing any time soon. It's really sad because I was practically hooked before

The Red Wedding incident

I'm about 700 pages in and I've taken a break from the book for now

ASOS spoilers:

The Red Wedding hit me hard

Hit me hard too. I'm a little farther in the book, though not much farther. I was annoyed, and angered by Catelyn though I understood her reasons for acting the way she did. It still didn't make me like her any more. I loved her in GoT though.

I like reading Tyrion, and Davos. I feel like there's not many Bran chapters to really put a lot into that story though, oddly enough, I really like the Reeds.

Jon started off hard (I wanted to strangle Ygritte, I was sick of the "You know nothing, Jon Snow" crap) but it's better now. As for Dany, I feel like she's become a little bit more hardcore, but there are things about her that frustrate me too.

As for Arya, I enjoy her crazy chapters. Now back to reading for me!

Archived