Two Questions for anyone who has finished Steel and Snow

I've just read Jon's chapter were he meets Mance and he tells Jon he was a bard at a feast in Winterfell when Robert visited, i was wondering does is anyone fitting Mance's description appear in HBO's A game of thrones. I thought that the producers would have read all the books and maybe thought to give him a cameo of sorts.

My second question is when the stark children dream of being wolfs are they actually seeing through the eyes of there own wolfs?

• 2 weeks later...

I think he was /way/ before GoT, so no, and yes :)

I dont know if they showed Mance in the series, but it wasnt befor GoT. Mance says he was at the feast when King Robert came to Winterfel. But again i cant shed any light on the question of if it shows him.

I was wondering does is anyone fitting Mance's description appear in HBO's A game of thrones. I thought that the producers would have read all the books and maybe thought to give him a cameo of sorts.

It would have been cool. But unfortunately, no one has spotted any guest at the party that might fit Mance's description. For the fans it would have been a great easter egg, but I guess the producers were doing the pilot they weren't interested in casting and paying an actor with no lines for a character that would only be required in the third season.

My second question is when the stark children dream of being wolfs are they actually seeing through the eyes of there own wolfs?

Yes. Although they don't seem to realize it.

It would have been cool. But unfortunately, no one has spotted any guest at the party that might fit Mance's description. For the fans it would have been a great easter egg, but I guess the producers were doing the pilot they weren't interested in casting and paying an actor with no lines for a character that would only be required in the third season.

Yes. Although they don't seem to realize it.

Well, Bran knows. But he is the only one. I'm wondering if Robb has had any wolf dreams. Since he has not been a POV character since GoT, you don't know. I have read people talk like Robb isn't as close to his wolf, so he may not ever have wolf dreams. But Arya has, and she shunned Nymeria long before the war.

Well, Bran knows. But he is the only one. I'm wondering if Robb has had any wolf dreams. Since he has not been a POV character since GoT, you don't know. I have read people talk like Robb isn't as close to his wolf, so he may not ever have wolf dreams. But Arya has, and she shunned Nymeria long before the war.

Jon knows it, too. Remember in ACoK when he sees Mance's host through Ghost's eyes and the eagle attacks Ghost? He tells Qhorin about it and the rangers tell him he's a warg.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just read Jon's chapter were he meets Mance and he tells Jon he was a bard at a feast in Winterfell when Robert visited, i was wondering does is anyone fitting Mance's description appear in HBO's A game of thrones. I thought that the producers would have read all the books and maybe thought to give him a cameo of sorts.

1) There were so many people at the banquet in the HBO series that it would be difficult to find a frame of anybody who could be Mance (I don't think the character is cast yet...maybe I'm wrong). The crowds were sufficient that Mance could've believable been there, though.

2) They are actually experiencing what their wolves are - they become one with their wolves' consciousness, senses, etc.

Archived