favorite new characters from feast for crows

ryneanders

so i finished a feast for crows a few days ago and i really enjoyed it. i really didnt mind the slower pacing and all the filler as found it intriguing to get a little deeper into the lesser known areas and houses of westeros. if i had to wait five years to read it, however, im sure i would be at least a little dissapointed. anyways, there were a ton of new characters introduced in this book, some awesome, a few somewhat dull, but i was wondering what you guys thought about some of your favorites and what the future might hold for them.

euron and victarion greyjoy, darkstar, arianne, daven lannister, and all the others... anyone?

so i finished a feast for crows a few days ago and i really enjoyed it. i really didnt mind the slower pacing and all the filler as found it intriguing to get a little deeper into the lesser known areas and houses of westeros. if i had to wait five years to read it, however, im sure i would be at least a little dissapointed. anyways, there were a ton of new characters introduced in this book, some awesome, a few somewhat dull, but i was wondering what you guys thought about some of your favorites and what the future might hold for them.

euron and victarion greyjoy, darkstar, arianne, daven lannister, and all the others... anyone?

I really like Arianne; I liked all the Dorne chapters actually and am looking forward to more interaction with them. I think they'll be a major player in the future, and it looks like Arianne will be the ruler of Dorne when her father dies. Now, he'll just have to start letting her in on all the ins and outs of Dorne's positions so that she'll be effective when the time comes.

I couldn't care less about Euron, but I really liked Victarion and hope we see more of him in the future.

im surprised theres not more euron fans out there. He is a really interesting character to me. i mean, he doesnt really fall into that grey area that most of the characters do... he's pretty much pure evil. he has seen and done some crazy things in the east, has wizards with him, etc.

by the way, does anyone know how to pronounce his name? i keep wanting to say urine. haha

Just over 200 pages in and I am quite enjoying AFfC so far (not much has happened, but good to get some more insight into certain characters (Cersei & Asha) and see new places (Dorne, the Iron Isles))

Favourite new characters so far are Damphair (love the Drowned Men ... when I first read that, I thought it was just crazy)... Doran Martell seems like a bit of a wet blanket at the moment, but I am presuming there is more than meets the eye.

Euron Crows Eye is pretty awesome. Don't get me wrong, he is an awful individual but when I see him in my minds eye while I'm reading he seems like a more badass version of Black-beard. That kingsmoot scene is prolly my fav. in AfFc. It was just awesome to read.

I have to say although his appearance was brief Ser Gerold Dayne (Darkstar) sounds very much like an interesting new character.

Although I find what the knights did to Brienne when she was with Lord Renly objectionable Ser Hyle Hunt is pretty funny.

for those of you who are struggling with feast or at least wondering when its going to pick up, stick with it. the first half of the book is somewhat slow, as new characters and plot elements are introduced without a whole lot really happening. the second half, however, returns to the pacing of the previous books. maybe not to the extent of storm of swords, but it really pays off and gets you excited for dance...

Arianne and the Sand Snakes... they are bad-ass!! I also liked Genna Lannister (Frey), she encapsulates perfectly the Lannister spirit! Witty, cunning, bold. And Qyburn is kinda interesting

I really enjoyed Dorne - especially the Sand Snakes. I didn't like Arianne at first from Arys' POV, but her reaction to later events completely made up for it.

Qyburn has the dubious honor of being one of the creepiest characters in the series, but quite interesting. The whole Stockworth/ Qyburn thing was especially disturbing.

I like the hell out of Victarion. For one, he sails and fights wearing full mail with a kraken mask/helm. And let's be honest, anyone who can stop a sword strike with an armored hand and chuck the attacker overboard like a bottle of bitter beer is perminently stamped as THE MAN. Now if he can just get a woman who he doesn't have to end up pounding into sticky paste with his bare hands...

I like the hell out of Victarion. For one, he sails and fights wearing full mail with a kraken mask/helm. And let's be honest, anyone who can stop a sword strike with an armored hand and chuck the attacker overboard like a bottle of bitter beer is perminently stamped as THE MAN. Now if he can just get a woman who he doesn't have to end up pounding into sticky paste with his bare hands...

he's not that much of a bad ass if he can get chumped by his older brother.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived