favorite new characters from feast for crows

ryneanders

Couldn't resist, especially when I saw your signature :)

And yes, I think shuffling things a bit for the Lannisters/Tyrells won't hurt. That's part of the reason I also like the Greyjoys, though I don't exactly like their "big leaders". I like Asha and partially Aeron, but not really Victarion and certainly not Euron...

Yeah, alot of what was happening in Feast (& Dance) sets the board up for whatever's coming next and it's gonna be... huge. GRRM'S been expanding the wolrd, introducing Dorne, developing the ironborn characters (but Aeron bores me to death! :unsure: ). I love Feast because there's just so much going on in the post war Westeros, but it's all subtle and layered.

Anyone else think that island head priest might come to lead the swords of the sparrows? He sounded like someone that might get a role in the actions, with the hound being his right hand man (assuming he is not dead). Forgot his name.

I loved the mage in Oldtown. He seems like a man of action and questions the "mainstream" science. I see a bit of myself in him, I hope he makes it to Danaerys alive and helps her keep her dragons (that Crows Eye seems scary with that horn of his, I`d hate it if he uses it to take control of the dragons).

Quburn will be a main character with that Frankenstein zombie he probably made with the body of the mountain (he did mention some invincible character he has created with all the people he took down the dungeons)

Arya has been a disapointment.

Prince Doran seems a very smart person that plays the game properly, but he seems to weak and I doubt he will live long enough to have his revenge. His daughter might prove an important character (maybe she will wed Jon Snow, fire and ice? :)

Can`t wait to read A Dance of Dragons, will get it next week

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The first posts of this thread are gold :lol:

Looks like time and overthinking diminished Feast's value. People reacted averagely favourable to it at first.

I never overthink...or underthink.

Since I choose to only recognize that this series currently has four (4) books (AGoT, ACoK, ASoS & AFwD), I freely admit that AFwD is my favorite book of the series...but it take sooooo looonng to read! :P

And I loved Argo Hota, Bryndan Tuly and Uron Greyjoy! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanna see how much of a babe Arianne is in the show.

Areo Hotah is my boy, but I enjoyed Doran and Crow's Eye a lot as well. Euron is up to no good, but its not clear if he is capable of being a real contender in for winning the Throne.. In reality, even if he is he'll probably just be one of the last 'False Kings'. Damphair is the truth, and I expect he'll reappear with a different character dealing more magic/religious issues.

The book can be a bit rough, but well worth it. It gets better every readthrough

Archived