favorite new characters from feast for crows

ryneanders

The new high septon who came to play the game.

Doran Martell

Ser Hyle is just funny

Podrick, not new but fell for his ' ser, my lady'. Too cute.

Ser Pounce and Lady Whiskers-too too cute for words.

Willow

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Cersei's POVs and Jaime's road to redemption.

I am not into the Ironmen but the Reader for being smart and open minded. Though I liked the Kingsmoot.

Just hate Theon so much that it rubs onto them too. Damphair is too zealous for me to like. Neuron is too evil. Victarion just seems too raging bull without the cunning so zip on him too.

I'm most intrigued by the Dornish. Doran, Arianne, and Quentyn. I enjoyed the window into their culture and I think that they will emerge as big players indeed. I also enjoyed the further emerging of Brienne's character. She is someone I can relate to and I'm definitely rooting for her. I really hope Stoneheart lets her live.

• 2 weeks later...

The new ones:

Areo Hotah

Alleras the Sphinx

The Sand Snakes especially Tyene

The High Septon who got Cersei scares me a bit.

Old characters I loved in this book:

Jaime!

Ser Ilyn Payne!

Brienne

Podrick Payne

And I loved hearing that Bronn is still his usual badass self lol

he's not that much of a bad ass if he can get chumped by his older brother.

Although this would seem very unlike GRRM given what we have seen from our beloved author so far, I feel confident that Victarion is going to have the final say in this bitter feud with his brother. No one should be able to fool around with his brother's wife and get away with it (Euron's exile enforced by Balon is simply not enough punishment IMHO)

I really love Asha as a character, I really enjoyed her POV chapter, I wish there was more. She really stands out for me as a sort of confident, strong, smart female character and I love her free spirit.

Victarion intrigues me, I am looking forward to see whats in store for his arc. I am kind of rooting for him.

The sand snakes are really awesome and I also loved Arianne.

My favorite chapters were all involving the ironmen, even though 90% of them are pretty horrible bastards. I can't help but enjoy and be intrigued by the characters.

Dorne was a nice change from the usual settings in the books.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does everyone love Victarion so much? It's one thing to say that he is an interesting character (as is the Damphair, my favourite on the Iron Islands in those terms), but to like him as a person? He's a brutal war-hungry macho. He beat his wife to death! Who's to say she was even to blame?

As for liking her as a person, it's definitely Asha that does it for me out of all the Greyjoys.

The Reader and some other minor lords seem to be okay, though. I think it's just the Greyjoys that suck so much ("Old Way blahblahblah"). And Asha seems pretty decent to me. She's cheeky and violent, sure, but she isn't stupid and she wants to end the war.

• 5 months later...

Dorne chapters were very interesting to me! All characters were interesting: Areo Hotah, prince Doran, sand snakes, Ariane, even Aris Oukheart!

But my favourite character definitely Brynden Tuly Blackfish! With direwolf Stark flag and loyality to his king even after his death...

Aleyna (I found her different then Sansa) is interesting and I can't wait to see what will happen with her...

High Septon introduced new force and they will be very important.

I'm enjoying aFfC as well. I like the Ironborn chapters, specifically Aeron Damphair's. I like Brienne's chapters too, but she is kind of wandering around aimlessly. The broken men speech was compelling.

I like the Cersei and Jaime chapters too. Arya's chapters are interesting, she is undergoing some discipline and change.

My least favorite chapters are Arianne Martell's.

My second read of this book and the first time I read it I was a little put off by the Ironmen and all the Dornish stuff. This time I'm loving it and don't really recall why I didn't care for it the first time.

Anyways, my new favs are:

Euron is prob my second fav to Stannis (well I still really like Arya). He's just a nasty Jack Sparrow and I love it!!!

Hotah is like an Unsullied on steroids. Don't want to mess with that guy. He is a tank.

No one I don't really care for. Arianne was a bit meh for me as a character but still liked her chapters.

Darkstar seems great too.

I like Nimble Dick too and Ser Hyle. Pod is still great as well.

Again, I have no recolection as to why I didn't care for this book as much my first read through. This time I'm loving it. I guess I understand the characters more this time around and I'm picking up on things I didn't the first time.

Dog, the new Jaime, Areo Hotah.

The Reader goes against the tradition of his people and is unafraid to do so, total champ.

Darkstar i thought was a bit cliched of a rebellious, angsty teen.

Victarion could be cool if not for the fact he maintains the belief of all ironborn that it's cool to kill and rape whoever they please.

The new High Septon is okay; will have to see what he does after the end of the Cersei arc. (not sure how to put in spoiler box)

we all know Brynden Tully is great.

lastly, this was the first i appreciated catelyn at all.

DORAN MARTELL! I worship him to the bone! He is my second favorite, the reason why house Martell is my favorite House!

The guy knows how to plot, he teaches scheming! If he wasn't surrounded by hot-headed imbeciles (sorry Oberyn i'll always love you) he would rule the world! He is patient, he knows his place and the right moment to strike! Pitty Tywin died before HE destroys him completely!

He has his flaws nonetheless. His lack of trust makes his daughter underestimate him and he somehow in my opinion has quite delayed his vengeance. However his flaws seem meaningless to me!

Pray he survives his illness long enough, otherwise House Martell is doomed!

Vengeance Justice Fire Blood and DORAN MARTELL!

Archived