[TWoW Spoilers] Arianne I

KSC

I think that the Tyrell army is important. Perhaps they think that the Margaery situation has been resolved, but it hasn't. I'm of the opinion that Margaery is executed by the Faith, and having the Tyrells being involved in a siege of King's Landing could actually lead to that happening. The Tyrell army is away and cannot save Margaery in time.

There is no reason for Aegon to marry Arianne, and that would be true even if Dany was dead. He's already half Martell so Aegon should use his marriage card on a great house that isn't already very likely to side with him.

Except that this would be the only way now (post Quentyn's mishap in Meereen) for Doran to fulfil the bargain he made so long ago to marry the Targaryen heir. Originally it was Viserys linking up with Arianne, then Quentyn with Dany. Now that Quent is out of the picture, I can see Doran angling to match Arianne with Young Griff.

Admittedly, if YG is Aegon, then yes, he is already half-Martell, and therefore more linked to Dorne than Viserys was. Which may make it less needful for Doran to marry his remaining unwed offspring to YG.

There is no reason for Aegon to marry Arianne, and that would be true even if Dany was dead. He's already half Martell so Aegon should use his marriage card on a great house that isn't already very likely to side with him.

Like the Starks?

A Sansa and Aegon marriage would be interesting to see.

The problem with "Aegon" is that he needs legitimacy in Westeros and fast. He needs for the people to actually believe his claim that he is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Marrying into one of the great houses, even one that may have seemed a natural ally before his "death" would demonstrate that people are taking him seriously. I think he'd like to wait for Dany, because that would really help on the legitimacy front, but there may be no time for that.

I would not be surprised at all if Arienne or little Elia ends up married to him in the next book.

Its not like he has alot of choices when it comes to marrying, being King he will have to marry someone highborn, there are no Tullys, no Arryns, no Lannisters, no Baratheons ladies for him to marry (Shireen and Myrcella are not really options it seems), that just leaves the Martells, Dany, or if you want to go out there, Sansa. Aegon does not have alot of marriage prospectives, I can see him getting married, but not to Dany. It is Conninghams idea to wait for Dany and Aegon seems to be going rebellious, so he may not listen when it comes to marriage.

First, thanks for the reports. I like Arianne, the chapter sounds awesome, and stuff actually happens!!

I wonder if this means that GRRM solved his timeline problem :)

Interesting, after the last Connington POV in ADWD I definitely expected Aegon to die or get injured while trying to take Storm's End, considering the way the chapter ended with Aegon saying he was going to lead the attack.

So, did he lead the attack? I can't believe they took Storm's End so quickly if YG was leading the GC. Either he's really capable or the GC used a trick.

I like how Connington & Co. are moving fast and not waiting for Daenerys.

Heh, what if "Aegon" sees Arianne, goes all "wow, shiny" and marries her? He already showed he goes after his own head.

Argh, i want to see this happen. I mean, "Aegon" looks pretty shy and Arianne does really get around.. This would be so funny, LOL

A Sansa and Aegon marriage would be interesting to see.

I can totally see LF comin up with this idea

....Arianne catches her making out with a servant named Feathers who is twice Elia's age.

seriously, she's oberyn's daughter. What did you expect?

I would not be surprised at all if Arienne or little Elia ends up married to him in the next book.

For some reason I got the impression that that might be why they have Elia with them. If the Martells still think Quentyn is marrying Dany, they won't also want to marry Arienne to him but maybe someone else from the Martell house

Anyone else think Arianne will look at "Aegon," realize he has no Dornish blood, but decide to back him anyway?

"Aegon" isn't supposed to look Dornish, but Targ.. and he does. Rhaenys was the one who looked dornish

yes, to clarify I meant it was one of two Arianne chapters that moved to TWoW.

Arianne sepnds the majority of the chapter traveling and trying to get info so she can keep Doran informed. By the end of chapter she had sent 5 ravens back to Sunspear. She sends her men into inns for news and a lot of it is ill. I don't recall much news from the North. A lot of what gthey hear sounds like lies. One was that Jon Connington had Red Ronnet's family murdered. She didn't believe that.

Arianne has really transformed, becoming more like her father. On the other hand, Elia acts like Arianne used to. At one point Arianne asks someone why her father would inflict Elia on her. The reply was "Vengeance" ;)

yes, to clarify I meant it was one of two Arianne chapters that moved to TWoW.

Arianne sepnds the majority of the chapter traveling and trying to get info so she can keep Doran informed. By the end of chapter she had sent 5 ravens back to Sunspear. She sends her men into inns for news and a lot of it is ill. I don't recall much news from the North. A lot of what they hear sounds like lies. One was that Jon Connington had Red Ronnet's family murdered. She didn't believe that.

Arianne has really transformed, becoming more like her father. On the other hand, Elia acts like Arianne used to. At one point Arianne asks someone why her father would inflict Elia on her. The reply was "Vengeance" ;)

Hahahaha... that's hilarious. I'm glad to hear that Arianne's personality shift in aDwD seems to have actually taken hold. I couldn't stand her whiny, self-entitled routine in aFfC. She seemed like she was trying to come off like a Sand Snake, which, in my opinion, is not something to aspire to.

That answers that question then.

Yes, and it suggests that Arianne may not be going for full-on seduction mode then, so less chance of a quick Arianna-Aegon hookup against Connington's wishes.

Interesting that there are rumours Jon Connington had his family murdered. Shouldn't Arianne be able to see the truth for herself in Griffin's Roost then, or are the captives taken to Storm's End?

Its not like he has alot of choices when it comes to marrying, being King he will have to marry someone highborn, there are no Tullys, no Arryns, no Lannisters, no Baratheons ladies for him to marry (Shireen and Myrcella are not really options it seems), that just leaves the Martells, Dany, or if you want to go out there, Sansa. Aegon does not have alot of marriage prospectives, I can see him getting married, but not to Dany. It is Conninghams idea to wait for Dany and Aegon seems to be going rebellious, so he may not listen when it comes to marriage.

Hey.. What about Margaery Tyrell? She's highborn, still a maid (or..well...close enough, depending on whose story you accept), and can easily enough be widowed thrice once Tommen has a little "accident" while practicing jousting or hunting or whatever. It's not like the Tyrells are above murdering Margaery's betrothed to replace him with someone more suitable, they have every reason to be enraged with the Lannisters thanks to Cersei's antics, and since Mace is so obsessed with the idea of his daughter being Queen, he seems likely to wed her to the best claimant.

This would also explain why Aegon could have taken Storm's End so easily....

Of course, there is still the issue of whether Margaery is still in the custody of the high septon, but I would imagine that the Tyrells have a handle on that situation.

If the Tyrells didn't flip over to Connington's side, then I would bet that House Tarly did, considering that they were strong Targ loyalists back in the day.

Archived