Chicon 7 Aug. 30-sept. 4 2012

I just got back from the GRRM reading. One of the interesting things that he said that he thought for the World of Ice & Fire, they would print large ink blotches over history that has not yet been revealed in the books - for example, what happened at Summerhall. Which for me means that the full Summerhall story is forthcoming. Not sure whether in novels or in the Dunk & Egg stories, though.

Also, he pronounces the Eyrie as "I - ree." If they pronounced it that way on the show, I did not notice.

.........Also, he pronounces the Eyrie as "I - ree." If they pronounced it that way on the show, I did not notice.

That is the correct pronunciation of the word. It's not just a name, it's also the word for an eagle's nest, which are generally located in high inaccessible places... hence the name of the castle and stronghold.

Just wanted to echo other sentiments - it was great meeting everyone on Friday night! At least I think it was, I had a lot of that blue magical stuff that mysteriously made some of my memories of the party a little foggy.

For those that are still around tomorrow I believe we'll be around the con again and possibly up for other plans.

Thanks for such a great time everybody. It's been an awesome weekend. I'm leaving in the morning for Boston but I'll be around some New England cons now and certainly in San Antonio next year.

Smegma,

We're talking about going to Irazu for dinner tomorrow evening.

Yeah I'm hoping I can make it!

Going to try to get to the GRRM book signing today - can anyone report on the lines and how long the wait was for the previous days?

Archived