Chicon 7 Aug. 30-sept. 4 2012

Crap, that's why I feel so exhausted! It's 9:15pm Hawaii time (2:15am Chicago time), it's been something like a 16hr journey :(

I had a great time at the con & it was fun to catch up with everyone. And I managed to get the hotel to write off the internet charges, so yay!

It is 3:03 AM EDT I'm finally on the ground in Columbia SC.

Wow! You left the hotel before me yesterday and I got back to Ireland before you!

By around 30 minutes. Safe journey home the rest of the way anyhow. :)

Arantius, at least you have Hawaii to look forward to. Have a wonderful holiday!

Made it home last night... long drive and finally got some sleep! (sleep? what is sleep?) It was my first con ever and while it was great, I am saddened to think about all those years when I didn't go. I've signed up for San Antonio!

It was great to meet everyone! I hope you all got to reach into the bag for a coin. Saturday was my birthday you see... and hobbits give gifts (rather than receive) on their birthdays. While I do travel from world to world in my journeys, I will always remain a hobbit at heart.

My birthday will be on Sunday next year, so if you see me there be sure to ask about the free reach into the coin bag!

Oh... and please please please... if you order something from me, whether by online store or eBay or privately... please mention that you're a member of this board and I will add an extra gift.

Be well!

Tom

Having attended my first WorldCon this past weekend in my home city of Chicago, it was really great to meet so many of you. I'm looking forward to seeing more of you in future WorldCon's including the ones in San Antonio and London. I want to thank you guys for hosting a party that afforded me the ability to meet and greet one of my favorite authors.

ENS. Justin Sayne (Phil J. Bryant)

Security on board the U.B.S. Abandon, Barfleet.

Having attended my first WorldCon this past weekend in my home city of Chicago, it was really great to meet so many of you. I'm looking forward to seeing more of you in future WorldCon's including the ones in San Antonio and London. I want to thank you guys for hosting a party that afforded me the ability to meet and greet one of my favorite authors.

ENS. Justin Sayne (Phil J. Bryant)

Security on board the U.B.S. Abandon, Barfleet.

Gudday Justin.

Or, as I like to think of you, the bloke who who was always there with a chat while on smoko. :thumbsup:

Stubby,

Glad to hear y'all made it home safely and without drama.

Cheers Scot. I see it was you who had the crappy trip this year. While I'm glad it wasn't us this time I'm feeling for you. Are you back at work already?

I'm back home, too. No problems on my way. Been here for about 12 hours now. :)

Only bad thing is the jetlag. :leaving:

Am supposed to go to my water gymnastics class tomorrow morning at 9:15.

Not sure about that yet. :leaving:

5 days after returning, I think I'm over the jetlag. Actually the daytime flight (preceded by getting up at 4.30am) worked very well for me in getting me back to UK time. Wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered after taking insomniac night flights. Have to say American Airlines does the worst food though.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you to X-ray and all the many people who helped with parties, organised meals out, and assisted with the con generally and :grouphug: to all the wonderful BwB people I met there - good to see old friends and new. Looking forward to doing it all again in London 2014, if not before.

Sophie

Archived