Casting the Greyjoy Brothers

Black Jack Bulwer

Does anybody else doubt that the Greyjoy brothers would have black hair in the show? In the show, Theon, Balon and Yara all have brown hair, so maybe we might not have the same for Theon's uncles? But I'm hoping for a black-haired Euron - goes well with his character.

Does anybody else doubt that the Greyjoy brothers would have black hair in the show? In the show, Theon, Balon and Yara all have brown hair, so maybe we might not have the same for Theon's uncles? But I'm hoping for a black-haired Euron - goes well with his character.

well Theon changed his haircolor several times in thre show xD but I also hope for a black haired Euron *-*

Euron Greyjoy: Mads Mikkelsen.

Victarion Greyjoy: Ray Stevenson/Graham McTavish.

Aeron Greyjoy: John Lynch/Jon Campling.

Completely agree Carne. Dead on man.

A lot of people are going to say that the fee for Ray Stevenson will be too high, but as he only has a few scenes per season, I definitely think they could swing it. You just have to have Ray Stevenson want to be in the show like Rory McCann. If I were him, at this point in my career, I would want to return to the HBO fold.

Ever since reading A Feast for Crows I've had an odd notion in my head that Richard Coughlan (http://www.offwestend.com/files/Richard%20C.jpg) would do a pretty good job of playing Euron Greyjoy. In his regular persona he emulates Euron's unpredictable nature and he definitely passes as looking related to Theon (Alfie Allen).

A bit of an unexpected choice and a relative unknown but he has great potential, I think.

I don't think Mads would have made a great Euron anyways. He is a fantastic actor yes, but he tends to play slightly sinister underneath a clam exterior roles and With Euron you really want very sinister-boderline psychotic, but charsmatic performance for people to get who this character is - "Euron is the maddest of them all!"

Archived