Casting the Greyjoy Brothers

Black Jack Bulwer

What about David Tennant as Euron? I was rereading his speech in the Kingsmoot and I think Tennant can pull both the gravitas and the mocking of the gods in the tone. Although, he may be a bit too skinny? Well, people can bulk up.

Too big of a name, although Tennant is great.

I'm surprised Ray Stevenson is wanted by so many people to play Victarion. He's far too lean, good-looking and charismatic for the role. I know everyone in the GOT universe looks good, but come on. Vladimir Kulich would be my choice, if they choose to include Vic.

I'm surprised Ray Stevenson is wanted by so many people to play Victarion. He's far too lean, good-looking and charismatic for the role. I know everyone in the GOT universe looks good, but come on. Vladimir Kulich would be my choice, if they choose to include Vic.

Ray would be cool as the Big Man, Ser Archibald Yronwood. but, he may be too big of a name for a role that likely won't make it, or if it does, it would be too small for him.

I'd also pick Vladimr Kulich, but I think he's too old. They have to find and even older actor to play Euron.

I'd also pick Vladimr Kulich, but I think he's too old. They have to find and even older actor to play Euron.

Show Balon looked to be in his sixties, so it's not much of a stretch to assume that Euron and Victarion are also 50-ish. Kulich has that haggard, brutish look to play Victarion. As for Euron, Mads Mikkelsen would be a good choice as Euron still looks youthful despite being past 40, but he's probably out given that Hannibal will probably get more seasons.

inb4 someone suggests James Purefoy to play Oberyn, Euron, all the Greyjoy brothers and every single male role not yet cast.

inb4 someone suggests James Purefoy to play Oberyn, Euron, all the Greyjoy brothers and every single male role not yet cast.

It's already happened plenty in this thread. Don't really understand why it makes people mad that an actor is liked/requested. Put who you would want to play the character down instead of being a douche about who other people would like to see.

It's already happened plenty in this thread. Don't really understand why it makes people mad that an actor is liked/requested. Put who you would want to play the character down instead of being a douche about who other people would like to see.

Oh, it doesn't make me mad at all. I like James Purefoy: I just find it a bit funny that he's always the primary suggestion for numerous roles to be cast. Sorry if I offended anybody, I wasn't trying to. Just making a joke, that's all.

It would be cool to see him as Oberyn, but he did say in an interview that he and Kevin McKidd wouldn't do GOT even if they were asked to.

Oh, it doesn't make me mad at all. I like James Purefoy: I just find it a bit funny that he's always the primary suggestion for numerous roles to be cast. Sorry if I offended anybody, I wasn't trying to. Just making a joke, that's all.

It would be cool to see him as Oberyn, but he did say in an interview that he and Kevin McKidd wouldn't do GOT even if they were asked to.

Apologies idk i can never detect sarcasm/jokes on the internet as well as i should.

FTR I may have a James Purefoy avatar lol but the only thing i've seen him in is Rome so i'm not some fanboy but I think he would make a great Euron. I always pictured Oberyn as darker skinned.

FTR I may have a James Purefoy avatar lol but the only thing i've seen him in is Rome so i'm not some fanboy but I think he would make a great Euron. I always pictured Oberyn as darker skinned.

Haha same here. I only started watching Rome last week and finished season 1 last night(such a good show). Yeah, I agree that Oberyn is darker(and there'll probably be an uproar if they don't use non-white actors for Dornish roles), but methinks Purefoy would do a decent job. His role as Mark Antony has a similar tone of arrogance and hot-headedness as Oberyn, which I think can be useful. Purefoy's height could also be used as an advantage, as it only makes the actor playing the Mountain look even bigger than he already is.

But I digress. As for Euron, I can see why people want him for the role, but I dunno, he just doesn't fit my mental image of Euron. Someone like Richard Armitage does, but I'm highly skeptical of him doing GOT, especially if he gains a bigger name through the Hobbit films.

OK, I change my mind. I just finished season 2 of Rome, and after watching this scene, I agree with the consensus that Stevenson would kick ass as Victarion. He's already got the fighting skills for the part and history with HBO and Nina Gold. If they don't exclude Vic in the show, I agree that it would be cool to see Ray in the role, although he won't be my first pick.

Archived