Werthead is a character!

oracle86

-The character is Adam, son of Lord Whitehead.

-He is off at war. He survived the Blackwater.

-George acknowledged that it was Werthead, but said it was possible it might be edited out as sometimes happens.

I actually found this on Adam's Facebook profile. So congratulations, Adam! :thumbsup: :bowdown:

As much as it is fun for Adam ( and certainly I don't begrudge him this), I wish George would stop doing this in general. It affects the integrity of his creation for me.

Well, it's not a problem for me. I like that GRRM includes characters based on RL people he knows.

The only RL allusion that annoyed me was Trebor Jordayne of the Tor. It could have been more subtle, played of Jordan's real name James Rigney. That was the only bumpy insertion in my eyes.

As much as it is fun for Adam ( and certainly I don't begrudge him this), I wish George would stop doing this in general. It affects the integrity of his creation for me.

I fail to see how it can affect the integrity of the creation.

I don't really see how this affects much of anything. There's a character that appears and needs a name, he names him after someone he knows (which, as Ran says, he's been doing since day one). Or are you expecting this character to take over the story?

The only RL allusion that annoyed me was Trebor Jordayne of the Tor. It could have been more subtle, played of Jordan's real name James Rigney. That was the only bumpy insertion in my eyes.

He did that, too. The Reader mentions an Archmaester Rigney who wrote that history is a wheel.

Archived