Small Questions on ADWD II

mormont

I got the impression he still had his tackle intact as he did have a few scenes were he got a stiffy....I reckon Ramsay circumsized him pretty nasty without painkillers but harmless..

Ah. That would explain the terror of appearing naked. Thank you.

I thought more like some people expect Jon to be AA reborn, Roose might be NK reborn - or something like that. The story need not be exactly the same (with him being the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch), but some of it (Joramun of the Free Folk and a Stark of Winterfell fighting him together) sounds so damn right to me...

I always thouht the NK was bran the builder. with have another bran now...

The Night King was not Bran the Builder.

Bran the Builder is the founder of the Stark family and he built the Wall, Winterfell and Storms End. He was a major hero.

From the Wiki, the Night's King:

His real name was wiped from history. He ruled from the Nightfort. He was the thirteeth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. He was a great warrior who reportedly knew no fear. He saw a pale woman from atop the Wall and fell in love. He brought her back to the Nightfort and named her queen and himself king. With sorcery he bound the brothers of the Night's Watch to him and ruled for thirteen years. It took the combined forces of Joramun and his wildlings and the Starks and their armies to destroy the Night's King. After he was destroyed they discovered he had been sacrificing to the Others and for that crime all records of his name were obliterated.]

In Old Nan's story, she says that the Night King might have been a Bran Stark, but I always thought she was teasing him. However, if each LC of the NW lasted for for an average of 8 years, it's not impossible that Bran the Builder gave up his Kingship at an old age and became LC.

The Night King was not Bran the Builder.

Bran the Builder is the founder of the Stark family and he built the Wall, Winterfell and Storms End. He was a major hero.

From the Wiki, the Night's King:

Sounds like bran to me why wipe the name unless it was sumone important. Please dont mention the timeline ur talking about a world which has summners and winters which last years, plus they dont seem to have months. so it is possibly.

Sounds like bran to me why wipe the name unless it was sumone important. Please dont mention the timeline ur talking about a world which has summners and winters which last years, plus they dont seem to have months. so it is possibly.

they wiped the name because of what he did. If BtB was the NK, nobody would remember BtB.

Also, it can't be brandon the builder. There is an average of 96.12 (lol) years between the foundation of the wall and the election of the night's king.

they wiped the name because of what he did. If BtB was the NK, nobody would remember BtB.

Also, it can't be brandon the builder. There is an average of 96.12 (lol) years between the foundation of the wall and the election of the night's king.

do we know that LC's served for life in the beginning. Maybe they only served 4 year terms, and then they later started serving for life.

do we know that LC's served for life in the beginning. Maybe they only served 4 year terms, and then they later started serving for life.

i think we would have been told... anyway, as i said, if BtB was the night king, nobody would remember BtB anymore.

Also, the Night's king had been defeated by the stark in winterfell, who was is brother. I think we'd know if the stark family didn't descend from BtB, but rather from his brother...

i think we would have been told... anyway, as i said, if BtB was the night king, nobody would remember BtB anymore.

Also, the Night's king had been defeated by the stark in winterfell, who was is brother. I think we'd know if the stark family didn't descend from BtB, but rather from his brother...

The Stark in Winterfell who slew the Night's King was Bran's brother? Or the NK's brother?

Not necessarily. It could be that only the identity of the Night's King was wiped from history. The figure of Brandon the Builder could still remain, so long as no one knew what he eventually became. I'm not saying I necessarily believe this theory, but I don't think the fact that Brandon the Builder's name remains in history really proves anything one way or another.

I wouldn't really rely on any timeline regarding events around the time the Wall was being built. Based on Sam's first chapter in AFFC, and Jaime's chapter in ADWD, the history of Westeros as we've understood it is full of holes and inconsistencies, and is basically unreliable.

I wouldn't really rely on any timeline regarding events around the time the Wall was being built. Based on Sam's first chapter in AFFC, and Jaime's chapter in ADWD, the history of Westeros as we've understood it is full of holes and inconsistencies, and is basically unreliable.

Right, Sam says the First Men did not write history down, except w/ runes. So most history is based on works from the Andal period onward. Leaving lots of room for error, etc.

i lent out my copy of the book to a friend of mine, and i wont be getting it for a while, so i wanted to ask if anyone could paste a sentence for me out of it.

it should be in the first Arya chapter, when she's Nymeria, it talks about her brothers the direwolves, about one being dead, the other she cant sense, etc.

appreciated!

Archived