Littlefinger and Sansa

Karo Vyrga

I look so forward to how she is going to react when she learns LF involvement in her fathers death :devil:

LF is just creepy but still IF he do NOT care for her and she is just a 'pawn' then why is he giving her valuable information. However i am still wondering why he denied Lysas confession about him convincing her to poison Jon Arryn i mean.. He just made Lysa fly while Sansa watched. She knows he is more than capable of poisoning Jon.

I therefore i have a very hard time deciding if she really love her. :dunno:

But as others already have mentioned he may only 'want' her which makes more sense.

But still he's a badass Mastermind :bowdown:

As Sansa notices, he he has multiple personas. I firmly believe Littlefinger does care for Sansa, he's not a 2 -dimensional, evil villain and would likely go out of his way to make her happier and safer out of friendship.

Unless she was in his way. Then she'd be in big trouble.

I believe he belives he loved her.

Otherwise he wouldn't have fought Brandon for her.

I agree there. I don't think it makes sense to approach Littlefinger from the perspective that he was born a sociopath. He became what he is as a result of the disappointments of his youth. Perhaps he's self-aware enough to know that his feelings for Sansa are more akin to lust than love, hence, "only Cat".

Now how would LF win the south?

With LF, things are possible. He forged the Lannister-Tyrell alliance and plotted Joffrey's murder with Olenna Redwyne. I guess he already has footing on the south. Only time can tell how he'll play his next card.

• 1 month later...

I think they have a disturbing relationship. I get the creepy uncle vibe from LF, I'm not sure if I'm alone on that one either. Honestly, i doubt the sincerity in anything that LF does. He may be infatuated with Sansa due to her likeness to her mother but I don't think that'll stop him from throwing her out a moon door if the need arises. I am curious to see where he ends up, since as Maria pointed out, he is the lord of Harrenhall and every lord ends up getting the stinky end of the stick. And to be honest, i think Little Robert Aryn's only enemy is time and poor genetics.

I agree. He does take advantage of her by stating you would not think so by the kiss she gives him which are more father/daughter and then he kisses her which is more infatuation. It is a close call about whether he wants her more or power he can get. I like someone else's post that Robert could be Petyr's since Lysa was pregnant with Petyr's child when she married Jon and Hoster made her drink green tea for the abortion. that did not sedate her infatuation with Petyr as she asked her father to give Petyr custom office so he could be close and he was the best one, so he was promoted. He was with Lysa in Kl and they seemed to have met often enough especially for him to influence Lysa to poison Jon and then frame the Lannisters. it is possible she cheated on Jon and Robert could be Petyr's. I am glad to see Sansa does not have rose colored glasses on anymore and sees the world. I could not stand her in AGOT and especially when she goes running to Cersei to tell her of her father's plans to send her away and she saw how Joff was at the river and yet still dismissed things and was clearly still in love with Joffrey until he took her father's head. I really wish Robb had been able to give Sansa Joff's head.

Petyr also wanted Cersei in control knowing she would beggar the realm although did not think she would do it so fast and thus he states he flourishes in chaos and his plans are slightly quickened. The one thing about Petyr is his motives are somewhat obscure

I do not like LF, but hate to admit he does have a greta mind for things especially with his mouth and getting people tongue tied. I also have to give him credit that instead of buying up sellswords or trying to fight people he gets people on his side a different way. Like how he bought up Lady Waynwood's debt so now he owns her house in a way and she in turn gets a good marriage for Harry her ward. I was going to ask how LF got the money but remembered he owns lots of brothels. I was also wondering if Sansa will ever learn that it was LF who took Jeyne Poole and prostituted her out? The Lannisters were too easily able to find and give FArya to the Boltons.

I am beginning to see all roads lead to Jon Snow and the Wall. All other people seem to be flocking to Jon.

I just hope LF gets his just desert for all he did to Ned and others. I do not want him surviving to the end unless in the end his head is taken. I give him credit for his skills, but still hate the character. I also think GRRM meant for Petyr to have dual personality.

I re-read Sansa's chapter and was surprised to read that Sansa was thinking of Jon and how she missed "her" brother. In the previous books she always took her mother's stance when she viewed Jon and always called him half brother or bastard brother and never really seemed to like him. For her to miss him and want to see him and view him as her brother is a big change/step for her character. Which makes me think somehow she will make it to the Wall and reveal she is alive to Jon.

I am beginning to see why all roads lead to Jon Snow/Wall.

Even if he is a evil mastermind, he is still creepy as hell to me. I mean, who would support Sansa x LF it is a disgusting relationship in which LF knows that sansa thinks she's in debt with her, thus abuses and takes advantage of her.

oh and LF will very likely die in my opinion, I hope Stannis kicks his ass out of the south

• 5 months later...

Even if he is a evil mastermind, he is still creepy as hell to me. I mean, who would support Sansa x LF it is a disgusting relationship in which LF knows that sansa thinks she's in debt with her, thus abuses and takes advantage of her.

oh and LF will very likely die in my opinion, I hope Stannis kicks his ass out of the south

She doesn't think she's in debt to him. She thinks that "Littlefinger never lifted as much as a little finger for her" (quote) in King's Landing while other people were helping her, and that she doesn't know if she can trust him. But she also knows that she's dependent on him at the moment and doesn't have anywhere to go (while she's wanted for regicide, and has to hide who she is), so he can molest her because she is in a powerless position. Fortunately, he won't go further than the kissing and holding her in her lap, partly because 1) her virginity may be important if Tyrion doesn't die so the marriage has to be annulled, but mostly because 2) he is hoping to groom her into a willing lover. I don't think he has a shot, but it's better for Sansa if he believes he has.

I agree, military speaking Littlefinger is not a great thing either.

He could thrive at court where he can always use someone more capable for the military work but, on his own? He doesn't stand a chance against an actual tactician.

He can plot a murder, but he can't plot a war.

That's my thought exactly. His plan was always dependent on the concept that everyone else would be so exhausted by battle they couldn't oppose the Vale army at all. But I don't think he could get the support of the Vale's armed forces-and even if he did he wouldn't know what to do with them, especially against the Others or Dany's crew. He was in his element in KL but now he's getting into territory he's not familiar with and his hubris will drag him down.

re-read Sansa's chapter and was surprised to read that Sansa was thinking of Jon and how she missed "her" brother. In the previous books she always took her mother's stance when she viewed Jon and always called him half brother or bastard brother and never really seemed to like him. For her to miss him and want to see him and view him as her brother is a big change/step for her character. Which makes me think somehow she will make it to the Wall and reveal she is alive to Jon.

I don't think Sansa ever disliked Jon-actually. I think she identified him as her half-brother, and distinguished him as slightly different from the true born Starks, (at least in terms of expectations,) but I don't think she had anything against him the way Cat did. And remember everything that's happened has made her probably a lot more open minded on the subject of old taboos-right now the fact that Jon's a bastard must pale in significance to the fact that as far as Sansa knows he's the only family she has left. When Robb's will is revealed and that Jon was his heir, I imagine Sansa would be inclined to honor Robb's wishes and support jon's claim-especially since it would free her from the dilemma of everyone being after her for her claim. And that's not even including the issue of Rickon re-appearing which are all things LF hasn't considered.

So yeah, all roads do lead to Jon Snow and the Wall, and I think Sansa might want to rally the Vale forces not to "win her the North," but to help Jon save the Realm. I'm convinced that sometime in TWoW, Sansa will be making a trip up North.

Littlefinger chapters has never dissapointed me. If he really wants to go south and control the iron thone, maybe he needs a stronger ally. What about Daenerys and her dragons? I know it can sound as a madness, but I've always thought that Littlefinger will be the one who will open King's landing gates to the Targaryen.

Littlefinger chapters has never dissapointed me. If he really wants to go south and control the iron thone, maybe he needs a stronger ally. What about Daenerys and her dragons? I know it can sound as a madness, but I've always thought that Littlefinger will be the one who will open King's landing gates to the Targaryen.

I agree that Littlefinger always entertains. I almost agree with you about him being willing to open the gates of King's Landing for a Targaryen return, but I have a hard time believing that he would help a new monarch that he couldn't control, and I don't see how he would think that he could control Daenerys with her dragons at hand.

Archived