Davos & Edric Storm

Hello All,

I have a question regarding the plan that was apparenlty put in to place, but never told in the story... In chapter Davos VI, he hears/see's Stannis, the red chick, Sylese and his son Devan doing their prayers and decides it's time to get Edric out, and apparenlty this was a plan... I didn't recall reading this plan, so went back through the Davos' chapters and can't find this... Are we just to assume that a plan was made?

Thanks.

Yeah that's pretty well it. We were told that Davos was looking for people who weren't exactly thrilled with their new god, R'hllor, and that current state of things in Dragonstone. We also learn that Davos wanted to save the boy's life from day one because he was innocent in all of this. As for the plan itself, we see it played out, but not being planned. We don't really need to see it planned though as we knew Davos' intentions, and we knew he was meeting others. That's more or less enough, once the plan has been carried out.

The plan always worked around removing all people from Mel and Stannis who had any royal blood - the heralding in of Azor Ashai (sorry if spelling is off) tells of a stab to the heart of royal kin by lightbringer, so to get rid of all royal (bastard or no) blood was part of Davos' thwarting the Rhllor prophecy.

Which IMHO is complete bollocks and serves only the priestess (to what means I can not say!)

What an interesting book...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

I have a question regarding the plan that was apparenlty put in to place, but never told in the story... In chapter Davos VI, he hears/see's Stannis, the red chick, Sylese and his son Devan doing their prayers and decides it's time to get Edric out, and apparenlty this was a plan... I didn't recall reading this plan, so went back through the Davos' chapters and can't find this... Are we just to assume that a plan was made?

Thanks.

Yes, the assumption is that Davos arranged to send off Edric Storm "off screen", so to speak. To prevent Melisandre from burning the poor kid alive for his "king's blood". Stannis realizes that Davos was right in doing this, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived