problems with editing and template

Ser Ash the Red

When I edited some wikipages today, the tool bar did not appear in the textbox. I was able to enter wikitext directly. However when I saved it the page did not show up instead there was an error message about the database not working. However the page was saved.

Furthermore. the character template appears to be broken, the title variable does not display. I do not know if there are any other problems with templates.

yours

ASHaber

I finally managed to answer your comment on the wiki regarding the Title (been having connection problems) as for the rest, including all those "CategoryViewer::doCategoryQuery". Database returned error "1054: Unknown column 'cl_sortkey_prefix' in 'field list' (localhost)"

I believe that RAN is in the procees of upgrading our software, so it's just something we are going to have to be patient about.

Yes, was updating to 1.17 of MediaWiki, only to encounter a very minor problem which, unfortuantely, I can't fix -- and Sparks was away at the time. I'll be contacting her to see if she can fix that today, so I can complete the update entirely.

Okay, 1.17 upgrade successful. Please report any problems here. I am aware of the fact that the WYSIWYG toolbar has disappeared -- FCKEditor (the extension we used) is no longer supported, so I will have to look into a replacement that works with 1.17. If anyone knows of one, let me know.

Update: New WYSIWYG toolbar in place for editing. Again, report if there are any errors. IF any of our current extensions appear out of date and need correction (because you can see something is breaking), let us know.

Sparks is the handle of the person who owns the server, a friend of ours. :)

Collapsible elements do exist, and can be turned on... but it messes with the advertising we're using to help defray the costs (e.g. people can collapse the Google Sidebar), and we've not found out how to make sure some elements aren't collapsible.

Ran, I don't think that helps as protection. Even though you have turned the collapsible element off it is rather easy to deactivate the google adds.

I assume that with the collapsible element it is something that can be switched on per article. If so then you could create a custom made select (sql query) that will show you on which pages this is done. That would probably be a better method to check on this.

WHAT *going for Hubert Farnsworth voice* I dont even know how a person goes about doing that :shocked: what I do know, that if anyone wants to avoid advertisements, he can do this with a simple addon in 30seconds and few clicks...

anyway, I still notice that problem with the talk/discussion tab names, they have the same name as the page tab.

Also, did anyone tried the new preview/changes tab while in editing mode? it seem to load endlessly for me, thou it can be just my crappy connection acting up...

There was a massive difference between collapsed vs. non-collapsed AdSense bar, actually. You say it's "easy", and it's true, but the reality is most people do not actually have ad blockers.

If anyone wants to research the topic of deciding which items can be set to not collapse, I'd be happy to implement that.

I think there is only one, tables no? infovox, navbars are all made from tables and you can make spoiler/additional info tables...

p.s. I dont know how exatly it works, but if the AdSense bar is made of div's only there, then walla?

Damn connection, i thought I already posted hours ago. anywya, about that tab problem, is it possbile that replacing this:

var $item=$link.wrap('<li><span></span></li>').parent().parent();
with this:
var $item;if($portlet.hasClass('vectorTabs')){$item=$link.wrap('<li><span></span></li>').parent().parent();}else{$item=$link.wrap('<li></li>').parent();}

will solve the problem?

The variable name was missing an underscore, thus it defaulted on the pagename. fixed.

P.s. Please keep page specific discussion to the wiki, it will keep all related discussion in one place(instead it's spreading over time in multiple threads) and serve as unofficial FAQ, thanks.

Archived