Moments that make you angry

Elenya Westerling

I was just wondering if there were any moments throughout the series that just made you really, really angry as opposed to sad or happy. I looked and couldn't find another thread discussing the same thing, so Mods, I'm sorry if this has been covered before.

For me, Tywin melting down Ice and giving half of it to his grandson who killed Ned was an awful moment, truly horrible!

The Red Wedding, Ned's Beheading, Tywin's smelting of Ice, and

And Reek. I swear, Ramsay's survival ought not be too long, not his death too swift

I suppose that all made me sad as well, but I do recall being most angry at those moments.

The Red Wedding was a huge one for me. I was absolutely gutted and angry at the same time. I think I re-read it a few times to make sure I wasn't missing something.

All the others mentioned annoyed me like hell too. I was also pissed with Jeyne's mother/grandmother when it turned out she was in with the Lannisters all along. When Joffrey was showing Sansa the spiked heads too had me pissed, and I loved her defiance of "My brother is going to kill you." I always wanted Robb to be the one to kill Joff.

Thinking of more and will add.

The truth about Tysha and Tywin/Jaime's lies that led to Tyrion taking part in her gang-rape.

I can't think of anything that made me angrier or more disgusted.

I am still thrilled that Tywin is dead and that Tyrion was the one who killed him. A shame he can only kill him once. Tywin deserved a slow, painful death but at least the one he got was humiliating.

All the shit Ramsay Snow (I refuse to call him Bolton) does to his victims. Given the fracas that is That Other Thread, I do have to say that this appears to be one bad guy who does seem to enjoy inflicting sadistic sexual violence on members of both sexes (though most of his victims are women).

And:

This was a minor scene, and one of the many, many things that left me not surprised when Robb bit it. It's when Catelyn realizes that he doesn't keep Grey Wind close anymore because his stupid new wife and her stupid, stupid mother are afraid of him. It made me angry at Robb. Seriously, any dog person (uh, direwolf person) knows that somebody FAILS the potential mate test if they don't like your puppy, no matter how big and scary and slobbery.

And:

Lady.

And:

Grown motherfucking men beating the crap out of 12 year old Sansa because their pussies hurt too bad to tell a sadistic 13 year old boy to fuck off. Makes me seriously wish Ser Barristan had stayed in the Kingsguard. I would have LOVED to see the shitstorm that went down the minute Joffrey gave that order in front of old B.

And:

When Catelyn looks at Brienne and thinks "There is no creature on earth as unfortunate as an ugly woman." This made me want to scream at her. Really? Like, it's worse than being a slave? Or a mentally deficient person unable to care for himself? Or a POOR woman? Or a pretty woman who's getting gang-raped? Which leads me to my next point...

Pia. Just everything that happened to her.

People really care more about the sword than all the gratuitus rape?

really?

oh, thanks for reminding me about the Tysha incident, that pissed me off. The thing is that people get more reaction from something beloved and attached to being harmed a little or humiliated than someone we never really see are the victims of horrible crimes. So, upon deeper thought, Joffery's threatened rape and actual molestation are anger-inducing (of course, most of what Joff does is anger-inducing, but especially such bad things to a character we've known from the begginning).

Ramsay really does it for me. The hunting of women as if they're animals, sickening torture, gods know what he does to his "wife", killing his half brother so he could be the heir, and PLEASE Mr. Martin don't make his letter at the end of DWD come true I BEG OF YOU!

:agree: This.

When Catelyn was resurrected I raged

But it's to hunt Freys, which makes it so much sweeter.

- The desecration of Rob and Grey Winds bodies.

- Sansa's stupidity that cost her Lady. Just tell the damn truth and nothing bad happens to your damn dog.

- Any desicion that Catelyn makes prior to the Red Wedding. She bungles her way from mistake to mistakes.

- When a chapter ends on a cliff hanger and is followed by a Daenerys chapter. I find her as boring as vanilla yogurt.

Archived