Moments that make you angry

Elenya Westerling

Most of what the Dothraki do.

The way Viserys treated Daenerys - largely because I've worked with so many men and women who were treated just like tha by older and more pwoerful members of their family.

Anything at all to do with the Bolton's and the Bloody Mummers.

But what REALLY gets my goat is the way so many characters in the series act as though only the "nobility" matter. For example during a rebellion/war/whatever the nobility order their peasants to fight for them, and of course the samllfolk are not allowed to say "bugger off!" And then after the battle who gets hung - the peasants who had no choice about fighting. The nobles who instigated the whole bloody fight are all treated with dignity and respect, and then ransomed off. It makes me even madder knowing this is exactly what really happened in our own world, and is STILL happening in far too much of it. :tantrum: :crying: :tantrum:

Honestly, nothing pissed me off more than Janos Slynt showing up at the Wall with Alliser Thorne and sending Jon to the ice cell after he defended the fucking thing so damn bravely. I almost quit on the series right there.

It annoyed me, as well, but for a different reason- it was a bit of a plothole. How does a man like Slynt, who shows no likeability, or charisma, whatsoever in anything we read of him, suddenly go from a new recruit to a position of power and influence in a matter of days? Yes, he was a powerful man in King's Landing, which is in and of itself baffling, but I thought that the Wall was a fresh start for everyone, where no one cared who you were before you went to the Wall?

It annoyed me, as well, but for a different reason- it was a bit of a plothole. How does a man like Slynt, who shows no likeability, or charisma, whatsoever in anything we read of him, suddenly go from a new recruit to a position of power and influence in a matter of days? Yes, he was a powerful man in King's Landing, which is in and of itself baffling, but I thought that the Wall was a fresh start for everyone, where no one cared who you were before you went to the Wall?

I think the whole Slynt episode was put in just to highlight yet another way in which the watch has fallen from grace. Of course in theory who you were before isn't supposed to count in the watch. In practise that just isn't true any more. The prologue to AGOT also features another watchman who gets too much power because of his faimly name.

When the slavers in Meereen nailed those kids up I was almost as angry as Dany fuckginkjaouigoasjk;dglaksjfl;aksdjfl;jka, goddamn monsters.

Also whenever Arya or Brienne see women who've been raped or peasants hanging from a tree done in by the Brave Companions. Monsters.

It's the senseless slaughter of those who can't protect themselves that bothers me the most.

But what REALLY gets my goat is the way so many characters in the series act as though only the "nobility" matter. For example during a rebellion/war/whatever the nobility order their peasants to fight for them, and of course the samllfolk are not allowed to say "bugger off!" And then after the battle who gets hung - the peasants who had no choice about fighting. The nobles who instigated the whole bloody fight are all treated with dignity and respect, and then ransomed off. It makes me even madder knowing this is exactly what really happened in our own world, and is STILL happening in far too much of it.

Agreed. And it bothers me when people act like their honor or their family blade or other useless bullshit is more important than the lives and livelihoods of their people.

:agree: This.

But it's to hunt Freys, which makes it so much sweeter.

Well she's the one who started the whole thing right? it was her fault the Red Wedding took place when she released Jaime and sent Robb's kingdom in a downward spiral

and she's hunting anybody who shes ever disliked or had just a tiny bit of deception against her, like Brienne and Jaime, and innocent Pod? She never gives the people she accuses any chance of reasoning, shes a bitch! of all the people who had to be resurrected..........

Well she's the one who started the whole thing right? it was her fault the Red Wedding took place when she released Jaime and sent Robb's kingdom in a downward spiral

and she's hunting anybody who shes ever disliked or had just a tiny bit of deception against her, like Brienne and Jaime, and innocent Pod? She never gives the people she accuses any chance of reasoning, shes a bitch! of all the people who had to be resurrected..........

I don't think she caused the Red Wedding. Honestly, Jaime's release didn't cause it, nor did it cause Robb to break his agreement, nor for Tywin and Bolton to conspire with them and give them the idea. The worst you could say was the idea to give the second army to Bolton, which did make sense at the time. After all, most of our knowledge as to why not is attributed to knowledge that neither Robb nor Catelyn had at the time; all they knew was that this was a close a match for Tywin as they could get.

And, yes, the Jaime thing WAS stupid, but it didn't cause Robb to lose the war.

Grown motherfucking men beating the crap out of 12 year old Sansa because their pussies hurt too bad to tell a sadistic 13 year old boy to fuck off. Makes me seriously wish Ser Barristan had stayed in the Kingsguard. I would have LOVED to see the shitstorm that went down the minute Joffrey gave that order in front of old B.

Ser Barristan? The same Ser Barristan that stood around and did nothing while Aerys burned people alive? Yeah, he has a real history of defying cruel royal commands.

I don't think she caused the Red Wedding. Honestly, Jaime's release didn't cause it, nor did it cause Robb to break his agreement, nor for Tywin and Bolton to conspire with them and give them the idea. The worst you could say was the idea to give the second army to Bolton, which did make sense at the time. After all, most of our knowledge as to why not is attributed to knowledge that neither Robb nor Catelyn had at the time; all they knew was that this was a close a match for Tywin as they could get.

And, yes, the Jaime thing WAS stupid, but it didn't cause Robb to lose the war.

If Robb still had Jaime captive, do you think Tywin would risk his son's life and still continue with the Red Wedding? I think Tywin desperately looked at Jaime as his true heir whether or not he was in the KG I think if Catelyn didn't release Jaime the Frey's wouldn't have been bold enough to do the RW by themselves and risk their alliance with the Lannisters over Jaime's life. When she released Jaime she created a domino effect of hurt on Robb's kingdom that started it all from Bolton's betrayal and the Frey's plotting vengeance and maybe even the loss of Winterfell.

Everybody should see that Catelyn was the cause of this war when she kidnapped Tyrion and remained ignorant to his innocence that got Ned killed and afterwards she lost the war when she released Jaime etc. all a while being a bitch to every person she doesn't love. She ranks #1 as my most hated characters, ever.

If Robb still had Jaime captive, do you think Tywin would risk his son's life and still continue with the Red Wedding? I think Tywin desperately looked at Jaime as his true heir whether or not he was in the KG I think if Catelyn didn't release Jaime the Frey's wouldn't have been bold enough to do the RW by themselves and risk their alliance with the Lannisters over Jaime's life. When she released Jaime she created a domino effect of hurt on Robb's kingdom that started it all from Bolton's betrayal and the Frey's plotting vengeance and maybe even the loss of Winterfell.

Everybody should see that Catelyn was the cause of this war when she kidnapped Tyrion and remained ignorant to his innocence that got Ned killed and afterwards she lost the war when she released Jaime etc. all a while being a bitch to every person she doesn't love. She ranks #1 as my most hated characters, ever.

Well, as all the Stark armies sort of dissolved, and Jaime remained a key bargaining tool for those who lived, he might have risked it. And, for all we know, Roose might have gone ahead anyways (we don't know exactly whose idea it was). You'd need a lot more evidence to directly connect Catelyn to the Red Wedding. Did she do something that made the RW more potent and supported Lannister-wise? Yes. Could you also draw such blame to Theon GreyJoy, Robb Stark, and Jeyne Westerling, along with the obvious Freys, Boltons, and Tywin? Yes.

And as for the "started it all" argument, she was, to be fair, manipulated by LF into doing so. And if she hadn't, he would have found other fuel. But that debate is an entirely different one, so I'll avoid the massive tangent for us all. :blink:

Well, as all the Stark armies sort of dissolved, and Jaime remained a key bargaining tool for those who lived, he might have risked it. And, for all we know, Roose might have gone ahead anyways (we don't know exactly whose idea it was). You'd need a lot more evidence to directly connect Catelyn to the Red Wedding. Did she do something that made the RW more potent and supported Lannister-wise? Yes. Could you also draw such blame to Theon GreyJoy, Robb Stark, and Jeyne Westerling, along with the obvious Freys, Boltons, and Tywin? Yes.

And as for the "started it all" argument, she was, to be fair, manipulated by LF into doing so. And if she hadn't, he would have found other fuel. But that debate is an entirely different one, so I'll avoid the massive tangent for us all. :blink:

Seriously, you could say it's Jaime and Cersei's fault for the incest, or Ned for being a total idiot in King's Landing. Or, hey, go further back and say it's Brandon's fault for goign to KL and getting himself killed, triggering the whole war. Or Rheager's for taking Lyanna/Lyanna's for going with Rhaegar.

It's all completely absurd.

Anyone who thinks Catelyn is the worst person in Westeros should go to the Sansa's the Worst Person in Westeros thread and mentally replace Sansa with Catelyn. Puts some things in perspective.

Archived