Moments that make you angry

Elenya Westerling

Tysha

Pia

Innkeeper's daughter

Sansa's... humiliations

Lady

Those all made me angry.

TBH I can't remember my reaction to Ice being melted down (and haven't got to it yet on my re-read, nor have I reached ADWD, obviously); things like the Red wedding were more exasperation than anger.

There were probably others, but those are the stand-outs

the moments that made me angry?

the murder of lord eddard stark

the descrecation of ice

sansa stark turning all drooling fan-girl over joffrey and betraying her father to the brotherfucker

the red wedding

jon snow being stabbed by his night's watch brothers

all of stannis & melisandre's nightfires where people were being burned to death

mad king aerys' murder of lord rickard and his son brandon

theon going turncloak on winterfell

moment that amused me?

cersei being called "brotherfucker" and "whore" by the smallfolk of king's landing.

the bastard of bolton's slaughter of rodrick cassel and the forces he gathered to retake winterfell

moment that made me sick?

the story of ramsay snow's crimes

So many things.

Lady being killed - arghh, just tell the truth Sansa, and/or refuse and turn away from Robert, Ned!!

Catelyn - so much of what she did/does makes my blood boil. Convincing Ned to go down to King's Landing. Kidnapping Tyrion on impulse!! (way to be a major factor for setting a war in motion, Catelyn). Being so convinced she is all about her family, and then not returning to Winterfell where she left her youngest and most vulnerable sons, and not trying hard enough with Robb or going to King's Landing to try and rescue her two daughters... 12 year old Sansa being beaten by the Kingsguard - and it's lucky nothing worse happened - and Arya off on her own - and she doesn't even try to hammer the point with Robb?? I would be going out of my mind if I were their mother.

Summer + Shaggydog being kept away from Bran and Rickon a lot of the time from Clash of Kings on..

Catelyn's attitude towards Jon - :tantrum:

JOFFREY.

Cersei and her vicious attitude towards Tyrion - argh! He is so so so much smarter and able than her and she can never see it.

Tyrion not fleeing King's Landing with Shae and setting up home somewhere far far away.... come on, he could've tried!

Tyrion's trial and Shae's testimony. Tyrion's murder of Shae. Made me angry - and broke my heart.

The Red Wedding.

Well she's the one who started the whole thing right? it was her fault the Red Wedding took place when she released Jaime and sent Robb's kingdom in a downward spiral

Yeah, Robb marrying Jeyne got nothing to do with it. Or with Frey and Bolton being greedy opportunists. After all, Jaime was sooo important to Lord Frey and Roose who refused to imprison him again.

and she's hunting anybody who shes ever disliked or had just a tiny bit of deception against her, like Brienne and Jaime, and innocent Pod? She never gives the people she accuses any chance of reasoning, shes a bitch! of all the people who had to be resurrected..........

Jaime shoving her child off the window must be a tiny bit deception against her.

If Robb still had Jaime captive, do you think Tywin would risk his son's life and still continue with the Red Wedding? I think Tywin desperately looked at Jaime as his true heir whether or not he was in the KG I think if Catelyn didn't release Jaime the Frey's wouldn't have been bold enough to do the RW by themselves and risk their alliance with the Lannisters over Jaime's life. When she released Jaime she created a domino effect of hurt on Robb's kingdom that started it all from Bolton's betrayal and the Frey's plotting vengeance and maybe even the loss of Winterfell.

Everybody should see that Catelyn was the cause of this war when she kidnapped Tyrion and remained ignorant to his innocence that got Ned killed and afterwards she lost the war when she released Jaime etc. all a while being a bitch to every person she doesn't love. She ranks #1 as my most hated characters, ever.

I'm amazed how will people go to miles to justify villains' behavior but characters who are good at heart are irredeemable.

Catelyn - so much of what she did/does makes my blood boil. Convincing Ned to go down to King's Landing. Kidnapping Tyrion on impulse!! (way to be a major factor for setting a war in motion, Catelyn). Being so convinced she is all about her family, and then not returning to Winterfell where she left her youngest and most vulnerable sons, and not trying hard enough with Robb or going to King's Landing to try and rescue her two daughters... 12 year old Sansa being beaten by the Kingsguard - and it's lucky nothing worse happened - and Arya off on her own - and she doesn't even try to hammer the point with Robb?? I would be going out of my mind if I were their mother.

Would you care to decide here? Is she bad because she didn't stay in Winterfell or because she didn't march to KL to save her daughters?

Catelyn's attitude towards Jon -
:tantrum:

I've learned early enough that that is still the biggest crime any character has ever done in this books.

OT

Many things make me angry. The monstrous behavior of some characters mostly (rapes, threats of being rape, mutilation, torturing, killing women who slept with wolfs or lions or really didn't have too much of choice from the start,...). Also, forging the Ice, giving Riverrun to Emmon Frey, not listening the pleas of the NW,...

Robb marrying Jeyne. Idiot. You felt for him because he was a good guy trying to do the right thing but it was so manifestly stupid.

I find those are the angry moments - when your preferred characters mess up for themselves. Maybe it's because through studying history I'm used to thinking in the context of the time but I'm not that angered as some seem to be by medieval people acting medievally. That's how their world is and it's only if they go beyond that, as the Freys and Ramsay among others clearly do, that I get angered (and even then it's just bad people being bad, boo hoo). It doesn't mean I can't realise the other things are atrocious.

Edit: The exception is when anyone calls Jamie "Kingslayer" because they owe so much to him for that act. But that's just because it annoys me that they don't know and he gets crap he doesn't deserve. So it's anger on his behalf not against someone.

The truth about Tysha and Tywin/Jaime's lies that led to Tyrion taking part in her gang-rape.

I can't think of anything that made me angrier or more disgusted.

I am still thrilled that Tywin is dead and that Tyrion was the one who killed him. A shame he can only kill him once. Tywin deserved a slow, painful death but at least the one he got was humiliating.

:agree:

Tyrion's trial and Shae's testimony. Tyrion's murder of Shae. Made me angry - and broke my heart.

Shae's testimony against Tyrion absolutely infuriated me. Yes, of course she was bribed/coerced by Cersei, but I doubt Cersei had to work very hard. And Shae knew about Tysha, so she must have known how doubly devastating her betrayal would be to Tyrion.

I can't decide which made me happier: Tyrion murdering Shae, or Tyrion murdering Tywin.

Nymeria scratching Joffrey and the fallout.

I was so furious at Sansa cooing over Joffrey even after he had revealed himself as a craven, bullying crybaby; and at Joffrey for demanding everyone be punished except the real culprit - himself; and at Robert for accepting Joffrey's lies when he damned well knew better; and at Sansa for lying for Joffrey against Arya (and Sansa richly deserved losing Lady for it, although Lady deserved a better protector); and at Ned for going along ...

So furious I STILL cannot watch those scenes from the show. :tantrum:

Archived