Moments that make you angry

Elenya Westerling

Catelyn telling Jon "It should have been you." Wow, woman...

Robb shamefacedly telling Catelyn that he'd married Jeyne and then putting the Westerlings before Grey Wind.

Theon brutalizing Maester Luwin, Mikken, etc. I think I was about to spit my guts in fury when he spike-headed "Bran and Rickon".

Sansa blubbering to Ned about how she wanted to just smooch wittle Joff and have his bitty babies when he had everything set up and ready...and then groveling and batting her eyelashes at Cersei. Gods she can be as annoying as her mother and oldest brother.

Melissandre smiling and watching Maester Cressen choking at Storm's End. Sure, she shows compassion later, but I have a defensive reflex towards kindly old folks. :(

Dany...doing things in the Free Cities that involve primitive justice and thinking she's so worthy of being loved now.

Ygritte saying her one quotable quote again and again and again. How is that...even supposed to be deep and wise and stuff??!

Young Griff knocking the cryvasse board to the ground after losing and commanding, that little asshole, for Tyrion to pick them up. Oh, and whenever Joff had his sick little smirk on. Bossy little brats.

Victarion gutting his wife like a pig because she was a "tainted" woman. And drowning the boys who were to be sexually exploited as slaves against their will because...because it was unnatural!? And then burning those four pretty girls. I don't understand how people think he's a badass, because in all honesty I can't stand a single thing he does. Not like Dany, where she has her frustrating foolish young girl moments, but just his very sick attitude towards women, etc.

Brienne getting her face maimed by Biter, then meeting up with unCatelyn. Yay!...except of course Catelyn would be an irrational bitch. She didn't deserve that, and plus poor Pod. :(

Cersei giving people to Qyburn and having the singers tortured. Ouch. Kinda lost her glamour right about there for me.

Lysa Arryn whining and bitching and screaming (ew) to Littlefinger about how Catelyn and Sansa. So annoying.

Oh, and Ser Waymar Royce urging two seasoned rangers on to their obviously foreshadowed deaths when there was obviously something wrong.

But I actually like all these characters, especially after they redeem themselves (or in the case of Robb and Catelyn and Cersei, before they ruined themselves), except for Victarion. Can't stand the dude. So yes, GRRM makes me fume at the deeds of fictional characters.

It's even sadder because I secretly hopehopehopehopehope that they're not fictional somehow and are waiting in Westeros...

Number one thing that angered me: The treatment of Robb's and Catelyn's bodies after the Red Wedding. Let me just say that I love Catelyn. I adored her. (Lady Stoneheart is something different; she is born of hate and that is it.) I was devastated after the Red Wedding. It was horrible enough that the Freys, Boltons, and Sybill Spicer betrayed Robb like that and killed him, his loyal men, and his mother. HORRIBLE. But then they completely desecrated their bodies as well! What the hell! They cut off Greywind's and Robb's head and sowed Greywind's head onto Robb's. That was... That was awful. And then, in mock of the Tully tradition to send bodies on a boat and light them on fire, they stripped Catelyn's body naked and tossed her into the river. I just... No. I couldn't handle that. I started shaking visibly when I read that. It was revolting.

AND THEN - that stupid Frey kept spreading that lie about Robb warging into Greywind - or rather transforming into Greywind - and killing Jinglebell and attacking all sorts of good Frey men. Shut the front door. I threw my book on the ground when I read that.

Everything Shae related. That girl drove me wild. I just wanted to tell Tyrion that she was only going to hurt him, but even worse, he seemed to know that it would happen in the end. But that comment about Lollys was infuriating. She was raped by who knows how many men. And why the hell did so many men decide to rape her? What the hell had she ever done? Their reasoning was like this: "I'm hungry and poor! The King doesn't care! For some reason, he's here and we're going to riot! And now I'm going to rape this simple girl. I don't know who she is, but it seems like a grand idea since everyone else is doing it." The fuck?

Almost everything Dany does. On one hand, I can understand why she's doing these things. At first, I kind of applauded her for deciding to stay in Mereen and rule. In the other cities, she destroyed them and left them to ruin; she abandoned them. And she needed to learn how to rule before taking over Westeros. But she did it all wrong. She mocks the culture and the people, but gets mad at them when they don't want her there. I felt like every decision she made started with, "Now I know that I'm a young girl and know very little, BUT..." She refused to abandon her people, but I felt like all she did was abandon her people. They wanted her gone; she should have just left. Instead, though she meant to help them, she only hurt them and caused these cities' destruction. She helps more than she hurts, but then expects people to love her or admire her because she's the blood of the dragon and she's "saved" them. Expects might be the wrong word... I think it's more innocent on her part, because she honestly believes that she's helping them when she's really not. It's kind of like innocent ignorance. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

Joffrey beheading Ned was a huge thing for me and then forcing Sansa to look at his head. Basically Joffrey's existence. He is a little shit. Especially when he had the Kingsguard beat Sansa. They're meant to protect the King, not act like total bastards.

When Cersei had Ned kill Lady. Bitch, please. When Cerse tricked Sansa into writing those letters to Robb and her mother. When Cersei was Queen Regent and all her little schemes towards Margaery. I'm not a huge Tyrell fan, but girl, calm the fuck down. How Cersei coldly treated Jamie after he came back to King's Landing maimed, sent him away as punishment, and then just expected him to come running back to save her. Seriously?

Ramsay fucking Snow. I want that guy to burn in every seven of the hells and then some. If Arya does become a Faceless Man, I want her to kill him and that's it. Just destroy him, tear him limb from limb, burn him alive, every awful thing that could happen to him. (Also, the fact that Catelyn was voted worst character and Ramsay was second to her - SECOND - angers me incredibly.)

Alliser Thorne and Jonos Slynt's cruel treatment of Jon after he escaped the Wildings and helped save the Wall. Are you kidding me? I spazzed out like no other and said an awful lot of brutal things.

Brienne's treatment by other knights. You are all knights, for fuck's sake. Perhaps Ser Hyle might've shown some remorse or regret for his actions, but even he was still an ass to her. Everyone was terrible to her, and I felt so bad. The small feminist in me started to revolt, which doesn't happen very often.

When I thought Theon had killed Bran and Rickon. I was never angrier at Theon than I was in that moment. I have a strong love/hate rollercoaster-like relationship with Theon, so that only made it worse.

Well, I'm sure there's plenty more, but I can't remember them right now, so...

every time Queen Selyse opens her mouth. I never bothered to count, but I assume most of the words she speaks in the books are along the lines of "Praise the Lord of Light!" and it always seems like she's shouting them. She is a broken piano with only one key left to play the same useless note ad nauseum.

oh and I hate reading on the forums how some of you sympathize with Cercei Lannister. More than Roose and his bastard, more than her own father and the Late Lord Frey, she is the chief villain in the series. She's the one that guaranteed war in the kingdom when she took her brother to bed, she's the one that had her husband killed and then took his murderer (Lancel her cousin no less) to bed, she's the one that killed Ned Stark with his own honor, she's the one that allowed Qyburn to torture and experiment on people, she's the one that manipulated Sansa and held her captive.

In AGoT when Cersei says "We have another wolf." I had never hated any fictional character as much as I hated her then, and the fact that Robert just allowed it and walked away made me want to scream at him.

Ramsay Snow's treatment of Theon pissed me off as well, and he replaced Cersei as my most hated character in the series. Even though I don't like Theon either.

When Joffrey forced Sansa to look up at Ned's head on the pike, after he had him executed in front of her despite saying he'd let him take the black. I was pretty happy when he got poisoned.

What Tywin had done to Tyrion's wife (Her name escapes me at the moment).

Man, I hated all the Lannisters aside from Tyrion for quite some time. I don't mind Jaime now though.

Most of mine have been said. But most of all jeyne westerling. Are you so stupid as to acctually think your mom is making you a brew to make you more fertile and not moon tea?!? As soon as I realised that I lost all hope for rob. That and the whole grey wind thing. From him keeping his wolf at a distance to his. Not paying attention to his wolf freaking the F out at the twins.

Tysha...just remember not to call her 'whore' in front of Tyrion.

I'm confused, are you mad at Tysha, or mad at Tyrion because of what he did to her/did because of her? Because if you're made at her, than wtfffffffffffffff is wrong with you

If it's about Tyrion, than oh yeah I agree

There are sooo many moments I could whine about but I've gone for the one that's currently on my mind:

I'm Ned's biggest fan but there is no excuse, other than for the sake of the story, for not sending Sansa and Arya away from King's Landing sooner. If there is even a hint that things could get messy you would send your loved ones to safety. That's something I'm sure Ned would have done if he was actually a real person. Sometimes you just gotta except that things are there to make it more interesting...but I'm just saying.

Every time Sansa or Arya are in danger or are being threatened/mistreated, feeling lost or scared, I'm practically screaming at Ned in my head.

I don't understand why Ned didn't send both the girls home right after the Mycah incident. If I were Ned, and had seen that not only is my preteen daughter's new fiance a sadist who bullied a helpless peasant boy and attack my younger and much smaller daughter with a sword, but the brat's mother, my daughter's future mother-in-law sends the guard to slaughter the poor peasant kid and then demands the pelt of her future daughter-in-law's pet, the wolf who didn't do anything, while the brat's father, my best pal and bloody-King-of-the-realm, stands around helplessly....I'd break off the betrothal immediately and send both my daughters home with Lady's body, while I continued south as Hand of the King, even to my possible death.

Of course, that course of action might have resulted in both Sansa and Arya stuck in Winterfell when Theon and then Ramsay captured their home. Ugh.

I'm confused, are you mad at Tysha, or mad at Tyrion because of what he did to her/did because of her? Because if you're made at her, than wtfffffffffffffff is wrong with you

If it's about Tyrion, than oh yeah I agree

i'm not mad at either, i was just answering the previous poster when he wrote: What Tywin had done to Tyrion's wife (Her name escapes me at the moment).

i was making reference to tyrion's last meeting with his father before he plugged him in the gut at how he, tyrion, got angry that his father kept calling tysha a prostitute.

Archived