I can't modify or view my own profile

lady-avalon

Do we know what the actual post count number is in order to be able to edit your own profile? It isn't a big deal, but although I am pale I just don't believe I'm as pale as this default avatar would lead other to believe.

Do we know what the actual post count number is in order to be able to edit your own profile? It isn't a big deal, but although I am pale I just don't believe I'm as pale as this default avatar would lead other to believe.

Try the method I linked to in my last post. If it doesn't work, let me know.

I know I'm just repeating a question that was asked several times before, but nobody answered it so far ... so again, how many posts do you need to make to be able to edit your profile?

The thing is, I would really like to change my password, since my old one got lost in the whole password reset thing, and the one I got now is of course not the kind you'd be able to remember...

It's not that I plan to remain a lurker forever, but I just feel kind of spammerish to go and make random posts just so that I can change my password.

I know I'm just repeating a question that was asked several times before, but nobody answered it so far ... so again, how many posts do you need to make to be able to edit your profile?

The thing is, I would really like to change my password, since my old one got lost in the whole password reset thing, and the one I got now is of course not the kind you'd be able to remember...

It's not that I plan to remain a lurker forever, but I just feel kind of spammerish to go and make random posts just so that I can change my password.

No idea, but when the board is in performance mode, you should still be able to edit your profile and other settings via the method I linked to below. You just can't get to it via the easiest way. Click this link for detailed information including screenshots, and if it doesn't work, report back, because I think the moderators are out of the loop as to whether people with <3 posts have access to various features. IIRC, editing your profile is one of them, but I just don't know.

If anyone is still confused about how to get an avatar, please read this step by step guide.

I can confirm that everyone should be able to do this simply by clicking on their username with the little arrow at the top right of the page and then clicking on "My settings" in the resulting menu (which is the method linked above). I did it when I had zero posts.

No idea, but when the board is in performance mode, you should still be able to edit your profile and other settings via the method I linked to below. You just can't get to it via the easiest way. Click this link for detailed information including screenshots, and if it doesn't work, report back, because I think the moderators are out of the loop as to whether people with <3 posts have access to various features. IIRC, editing your profile is one of them, but I just don't know.

Just an FYI on this. I have been trying to change my PW for a few days now and also receive the error message. I did follow the link and it was geared more towards changing your Avatar, unless I missed something. If the ability to change passwords is down due the performance mode stage that we are in, that's cool. I will wait it out. If as you say we should still be able to change the passwords during this phase, well something may be out of whack, again no biggie, but it would be nice to change the password to something that can be remembered.

Just an FYI on this. I have been trying to change my PW for a few days now and also receive the error message. I did follow the link and it was geared more towards changing your Avatar, unless I missed something. If the ability to change passwords is down due the performance mode stage that we are in, that's cool. I will wait it out. If as you say we should still be able to change the passwords during this phase, well something may be out of whack, again no biggie, but it would be nice to change the password to something that can be remembered.

Oh, this problem. This seems to be an issue in some browsers.

On the screen where you are going to change your password, you have to clear out the stuff under "Email address". Make sure none of those boxes are filled in, only the ones under "Password". Otherwise the form thinks you want to change your email address as well.

Screenshot.

Hopefully that solves your problem?

Oh, this problem. This seems to be an issue in some browsers. On the screen where you are going to change your password, you have to clear out the stuff under "Email address". Make sure none of those boxes are filled in, only the ones under "Password". Otherwise the form thinks you want to change your email address as well. Screenshot. Hopefully that solves your problem?

Thank you for the help. I am all set. :)

I still can't open my profile, content/follow, my content, or my personal messenger. The only tab under my display name that works is my settings. I am so frustrated with this I could pull my hair out. Ive had this problem ever since I registered on this site. I've e-mailed the web masters 3 times and no one has responded to me. Can anyone help me?

I understand the board is currently in performance mode and many profile changes are limited. Does this extend to changing my password? I had to ask for a new password as I had not logged in in a while. I don't seem to be able to find the password change functionality. Any help would be appreciated!

I understand the board is currently in performance mode and many profile changes are limited. Does this extend to changing my password? I had to ask for a new password as I had not logged in in a while. I don't seem to be able to find the password change functionality. Any help would be appreciated!

Go to My Settings as described in the first step of this.

Click the Email and Password option on the left.

Make sure the email boxes are all cleared out as described here:

On the screen where you are going to change your password, you have to clear out the stuff under "Email address". Make sure none of those boxes are filled in, only the ones under "Password". Otherwise the form thinks you want to change your email address as well.

Screenshot.

I was having the same problem. Once I went to the My Settings tabs I was able to change my PW

• 2 weeks later...

Am I not able to view profiles because I haven't had a certain amount of posts recently? I was active in the past but have not been in a few years. Thank you.

Archived