The Latest Upgrade

Quoth

Have we combined the avatar and profile picture? Because now my avatar is what my old picture used to be and I've seemingly lost my Tyrion "sexy face" avatar :(

There's no more profile pic, and what used to be avatars got lost. (Replaced by whatever was in your profile pic, maybe.) You'll have to re-link your old Tyrion avatar if you want that representing you.

Er. I switched the Theme to the IP Board Mobile one so I could browse more sneakily at work, and now it won't let me switch back. I click the "Change Theme" button on the Mobile skin and it just takes me back to the top of the page. Is skinchanging currently (temporarily) disabled or is that a bug that will need fixing? Or am I just being a dumbass?

That does sound like a bug to me. I recall it sending me back to the top, but when I scrolled back down I couldn't then select the new skin. Try this link to see if it switches you back to the proper skin.

Nope, that doesn't work. But I did switch to IP.Board Mobile and it didn't cause any problems for me. Clicking Change Theme does send me to the top, but when I get back down it has a menu for changing the skin. What browser are you using? I'm on FF 6.

MS Paint, color hex value #F0DFC8, fill a 100x100 swatch, save, upload somewhere, and then point your avatar to the URL. However, there's a white border that will always appear, so you're still going to have a square block in that area. I could remove the border, but to be honest, I kind of like it.

That does sound like a bug to me. I recall it sending me back to the top, but when I scrolled back down I couldn't then select the new skin. Try this link to see if it switches you back to the proper skin.

Nope, that doesn't work. But I did switch to IP.Board Mobile and it didn't cause any problems for me. Clicking Change Theme does send me to the top, but when I get back down it has a menu for changing the skin. What browser are you using? I'm on FF 6.

Ah, now it's working. Must've refreshed too many times and the drop-down vanished or something. Thanks!

Ummm... so how does the "performance mode" thing work. Is it specific times of the day that limits us from viewing profiles, seeing the content we're following, etc., or is it when the board overloads that you have to shut off those features? Oh, and this is somewhat of an off topic question, but when the system is in preformance mode, could mods still approve of new threads or no? Thanks in advance :)

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, it's a really small problem that really has no effect on how the board functions. I have noticed that since the upgrade, avatar pics are no longer able to be viewed in their native Landscape or Portrait views. Before the upgrade i have several board members who link to my imageshack account, using a variety of pics as their avatars. They range from perfect 100x100 to 100x86 and so on. Before, the avatars as long as they met the 100x100 200 pixel max requirement for avatar pics, they would show up in their native Landscape or Portrait view. Now no matter what avatar pics are, they either get stretched or auto cropped to fit a perfect square, no longer allowing for the natural Landscape or Portrait view of the image to be seen.

Just wondering is this something that can be changed by Administration, it really is a minor issue.

The new format options are nifty but I seem to be missing the boat with regards to posting a link. The pop-up window only allows for pasting in the URL and not putting a name on the link. However, other people's links are named so I must be missing something.

Also, I am sad to see the 'increase editor size' button go away. I really liked that. There is a little drag marker in the corner but I have failed to use it to any effect.

Thank you for all the hard work keeping the board running.

The new format options are nifty but I seem to be missing the boat with regards to posting a link. The pop-up window only allows for pasting in the URL and not putting a name on the link. However, other people's links are named so I must be missing something.

The way I do it is to type the text that I want the link to hide under, highlight that text, then hit the link button.

That seems to work still.

@Ice Crow

That should be a fairly simple CSS fix. I can probably add it as an option for the unofficial skins I maintain. Sorry for not finishing those off yet btw, TitanCon is taking up all my time, but soon I will post updated skins with new options for hiding avatars and setting avatars to native sizes.

Anything else need looking at?

I’ve been having terrible times editing posts. This is using both Opera and Safari on Darwin.

It seems to become randomly confused about whether I’m in “markdown WYSIWYG mode”, whether I’m in “markdown literal mode”, or whether I’m in “raw HTML mode”. So even when I don’t see it, it ends up pasting literal HTML into the edited version when it stores it in the database.

I’ve added a few formating bits here so that they might show up on the edit.

EDIT: And now I’ve lost the ability to swap with WYSIWIG mode. All the formatting etc buttons are gone. Upon a re-edit, there’re back again. Can’t seem to predict it. Still trying to trigger the literal HTML bug.

I believe there are some bugs with CKEditor (which is what the new rich text editor is), or rather its implementation with IPB. Sounds like this may be one of them. I'll look around their bug tracker.

Anyone else on Safari or IE having similar issues?

Since the board got a new look, I've noticed the indent tag is no longer recognized without the addition of a number setting. Would it be possible to restore this tag to its previous functionality so the formatting on my past posts isn't so wonky? Maybe by coding '1' as the default when the user doesn't specify? Or whatever! I'm no computer programmer and have no clue whether my request is feasible, but I nevertheless hope the mods can indulge me in my vanity. ^_^

Archived