What Movie Did You Watch Recently?

SillentRegrets

Let's share our experiences, thoughts and feelings about the movies we have just seen. The movie doesn't necessarily have to be new/recent one. You can talk about a movie that was made decades ago. Only criteria is that you have just seen it (second, third ... tenth time watching included ).

I have just seen a movie called, The Art of Getting By. It was a lovely movie. It had so much soul in it. After watching it I felt some void inside me. The movie was much much better than action and CGI packed Captain America, Transformers 3, or Green Lantern. I'm going to buy it's DVD/BR and watch again closely.

A friend loaned me their DVD of 'Red' starring Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Morgan Freeman, and John Malcovich. Frankly, I don't trust their judgement. I remember thinking that the trailers looked like they were trying very hard to be a cool/fun action movie. I wasn't convinced, which is why I never went to see it while it was out. I'm still hesitant, even though now I can watch it for free.

Anyone seen it, and if so, what did you think?

I recently watched Your Highness. After reading the thread about it here, I was curious to see if I would find it funny or not. Unfortunately, I didn't laugh once. Looking at the beauty that is Natalie Portman was the only reason I watched the entire movie.

I got a friend to watch Inception.

His response: What a mindfuck!

Two days before that, I got him to watch Memento.

You are doing him a favor. Christoper Nolan should be happy about you. If new sci-fi thriller movie supply are exhausted, you can always look back and introduce him to likes of, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Vertigo, Rear Window, Blade Runner etc.

Really? We need another "watching" thread? :bang:

Sorry search function did not work.

i've seen the latest pirates of the caribbean.

not that i had high hopes for it, but it still managed to disappoint.

I agree with you. Presence of Orlando Bloom and Kira Knightly were sorely missed. It seems to me that combination of Johnny, Orlando and Kira is the essential part of Caribbean series.

Watched, Gamers Dorkness Rising. the acting was, pretty bad. The filming quality, editing, lighting was....yeah, not terrible but breaching the barrier of Bad.

Yet it was fantastic in some inexplicable way. Despite all that I had to keep watching.

it's a movie I'd rec for people who have or do P&P RPG.

In other words. I liked it. I may even watch it again.

A friend loaned me their DVD of 'Red' starring Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Morgan Freeman, and John Malcovich. Frankly, I don't trust their judgement. I remember thinking that the trailers looked like they were trying very hard to be a cool/fun action movie. I wasn't convinced, which is why I never went to see it while it was out. I'm still hesitant, even though now I can watch it for free.

Anyone seen it, and if so, what did you think?

I really liked this. It was a cool/fun action movie IMO ;). I think it possibly helped that I hadn't really seen too many of the recent spate of similar-ish films, but it had just the right degree of ridiculous in its action sequences to make it obvious that they weren't taking themselves seriously while at the same time still being a good watch. There's a certain amount of "LOL, old people being badass!" going on, but that's to be expected given the premise and anyway, I quite like that sort of thing. Also, the score is excellent IMO.

In short, I didn't think it was trying too hard, and is probably worth a watch.

ST

Just watched, over the last few days:

The Last Lovecraft, which is a comedic take on the Cthulhu Mythos. It is very definitely a low-budget B movie, but it's still pretty enjoyable. The main characters put in good enough performances to make their inane comments and bickering pretty funny. It's a good movie to watch with your friends whilst partaking of some alcoholic beverages.

Harry Brown is another of those vigilante/revenge movies, though it has Micheal Caine in it (who plays an angrier version of Micheal Caine). Pretty good movie overall, though the endings of every vigilante-type movie I've seen usually ends up leaving me unsatisfied, and Harry Brown is no exception.

Archived