Sand Snake No. 9

@ Spinebreaker: to do a spoiler box, type an open bracket symbol ( [ ), then the word spoiler ( spoiler ), then a close bracket symbol ( ] ), then whatever spoiler information you want to put inside the spoiler box, and then type open bracket symbol ( [ ), then a forward slash symbol ( / ), then the word spoiler ( spoiler ), and lastly the close bracket symbol ( ] ). All of this is done without spaces between the brackets, or the word spoiler, or the forward slash; and without parentheses.

Corbon: I see your point. Those are not coincidences. But I don't think they rule out a brother.

Then again, the lack of comment from other Dornish people probably does. Oh well. It was a funny idea for a while. :)

If there was a brother, it would be known. The Red Viper or Dhorne has a son? No, he's famous for having lots of daughters, no son.

Craster's sons is a huge one for me, ever since the Wildlings used it as a term for the Others...

"The wildlings" didn't. One of crasters oldest wives did (yeah, sure, she is a wildling, but its only craster's people think it because the wives need an explanation for where their sons go, that isn't murderously sacrificing them to ice-demons). That is all.

The name of Winterfell (Every time a noble seat has no connection to the Family name I take note!) maybe this? Archaic cruel or fierce; terrible just as the Stark Motto is a warning maybe also their house

The reported Kraken attack near the Fingers, pulling down an Ibbenese Whaler

+

the Kraken Horn on Crab Isle with House Celtigar

Euron/Victarion's Dragonbinding Horn

The Targaryen cache of Dragon eggs

Summer's glimpse of a Serpent spewing fire

Ser Shadrick/the Mad Mouse, a hedge knight looking for Sansa

Spoiler
This gun has fired though the bullet has not yet struck in ADWD as Ser Shadrich reappears at the Vale in Littlefinger's service.

The Isle of Faces (Nobody goes there or mentions it despite its proximity and centrality!)

And the Order of the Green Men

(In an SSM when asked about them in future books GRRM says +- "Boy, I can't slip anything by you guys".)

The Sorrowful Men and Warlocks of Qarth sworn to vengeance against Daenerys

Leyton Hightower (& his daughter) researching spells after a decade inside his tower

I see I was a few days late and some gold dragon short :)

@ Spinebreaker: to do a spoiler box, type an open bracket symbol ( [ ), then the word spoiler ( spoiler ), then a close bracket symbol ( ] ), then whatever spoiler information you want to put inside the spoiler box, and then type open bracket symbol ( [ ), then a forward slash symbol ( / ), then the word spoiler ( spoiler ), and lastly the close bracket symbol ( ] ). All of this is done without spaces between the brackets, or the word spoiler, or the forward slash; and without parentheses.

testtesttest

OK now I know how to do it so I'll thank you also.

I see what you're trying to say, but just to play the devils advocate, Bloodraven was still a Rivers, even though he was legitimized. And the reason why Edric wouldn't be heir to the Iron throne is because Robert "had" 3 legitimate heirs, and bastards even though legitimized fall behind true born children in terms of succession

Yes, but Stannis would recognize that at east Edric was Robert's blood son, and that he would come before Stannis in the line of succession. Thus Stannis would not be trying to claim the throne right now.

What about Jojen's story of The Knight of the Laughing Tree? That screams gun at me.

As I've posted elsewhere, I think Ashara Dayne is going to be very important. She's mentioned in the above story, along with a couple of later mentions which flesh out her story. She then turns up in Barristan's recollections on a couple of ocassions. GRRM's doing everything bar put a big flashing sign up.

Plus....

" "No," The eunuch's voice seemed deeper."

Is Vary's PRETENDING to be a Eunuch??? I have no idea why... To hide a son??? Again, speculation... But while we're on Speculation about Varys.

GRRM has demonstrated a liking for hiding names in plain sight... Sarella/Alleras, Arstas/Barristan, Griff/Griffin...

Rheanys, Viserys, Danearys, Aerys.... Varys???

What does his voice have to do with him being an eunuch?

I can also talk in deeper or higher voice at will, what does that mean?

What about the mysterious deaths at Winterfell?

And the hooded figure mysteriously responsible for (some of?) them... Must there ALWAYS be a Stark in Winterfell...

What does his voice have to do with him being an eunuch?

I can also talk in deeper or higher voice at will, what does that mean?

If you're asking a literal question... If castrated before puberty, hormonal changes won't occur and the individuals voice doesn't break... therefore It would be hard for a Eunuch to do an actual DEEP voice. Obviously, Varys even sans-testicles, can alter the register of his voice to a degree. The thing is, it was pointed out.

There's NO need for GRRM to point out the tone of a characters voice, especially a character for whom a deepening voice may be physiologically unlikely.

Archived