Sand Snake No. 9

I don't think that every " i " will be dotted and every " t " crossed clearly and explicitly by GRRM. I fully expect that all kinds of things will be left as semi-mysteries or resolved by nods and winks from the author to the reader -

Precisely.

It's a lot of fun but all those people looking for answers to everything are going to be disappointed. As for writing more books in order to complete everything I get the distinct impression that GRRM wants to get the series over with as much as anybody else.

1)origins of the coomon tongue from the old tongue(kinda like how the free cities got their dialects from high valyrian)

2)EDRIC STORM!! House baratheon's last hope of continuing.(shireen will die soon of greyscale according to val) legitimize him dammit!

3)theyve never shown us CASTERLY ROCK! Hopfully we get an edmure tully pov next book

Just a few more guns.btw i had to wiki the title to understand the meaning lol

1)origins of the coomon tongue from the old tongue(kinda like how the free cities got their dialects from high valyrian)

2)EDRIC STORM!! House baratheon's last hope of continuing.(shireen will die soon of greyscale according to val) legitimize him dammit!

3)theyve never shown us CASTERLY ROCK! Hopfully we get an edmure tully pov next book

Just a few more guns.btw i had to wiki the title to understand the meaning lol

Shireen survived greyscale. Val thinks the child is not clean and should be killed.

Precisely.

It's a lot of fun but all those people looking for answers to everything are going to be disappointed. As for writing more books in order to complete everything I get the distinct impression that GRRM wants to get the series over with as much as anybody else.

I actually tend to mourn the endings of my favorite book series. I usually wish they could go on forever, even though I know they can't. I will cry through a lot of it when I know I am reading the last book, and definitely when I finish it. I hated it when Stephen King finally finished off the last Castle Rock story.

Ned was a POV character in AGOT, and we learned that connection through his eyes. Much later, Cersei also became a POV character, and we must assume that she knows as well.

There may well be a third POV character who knows, but I'm not yet aware of any.

Littlefinger knew. He was the one who sent Ned to the armorer and the whorehouse to find the bastards.

I actually tend to mourn the endings of my favorite book series. I usually wish they could go on forever, even though I know they can't. I will cry through a lot of it when I know I am reading the last book, and definitely when I finish it. I hated it when Stephen King finally finished off the last Castle Rock story.

Hah! Do we have another "shout out" here? King's "Castle Rock," GRRM's "Casterly Rock?"

I'd also like to point out that extensive list of food and whatnot underneath the Wall during one of Jon's chapters. Exceptionally boring, which made me sad because I've always found Jon's chapters fascinating. (I feel like the only one. Ha!) It could be just to show the desperation that winter will cause them and the need for gold from the Iron Bank, which Jon gets later on, but it could be more.

Also, yes, Brienne is the one that recognized Gendry as one of Robert's bastards. After confusing him groggily with Renly, she realizes who his father is. She's about to tell him when she's interrupted by getting her face bitten off. >___<

Davos' missing fingerbones and Dareon's boots that Arya stole. When talking about glamours, Mel specifically mentions both a bag of fingerbones and someone's boots. Oddly specific, don't you think? How many people in the world carry around a bag of their fingerbones?

All these horns flying around. There are so many that it's hard to remember them!

Hell, I think Jon is a gun himself, just waiting to go off at the right time.

And my personal favorite: Bronn.

In particular because we're told in aGoT that Bronn has been North of the wall but we've never since been given any indication of why. Is Bronn a deserter from the Nights Watch or a wildling (with connections to Mance perhaps)?

Finding out that Bronn has been North of the wall actually seemed to be the only reason I can recall for the game of "truth" with Tyrion, Shae and Bronn.

Quite possible. One of ASOS's chapters has a weird dream from Jaime where he mentions the subterraneans of Casterly Rock. Gotta read it again sometime.

The one that makes him go back for Brienne? It was mostly dark I think and he saw Cersei and she walked away telling him that his life would end when the fire on his sword went out.

What about Sarella, the 'missing' sand snake? and

Alleras the sphinx?

That's a big plot point to be explained in later books.

Is it?

I thought it was obvious and nothing more than the connection for Sam making a friend when he got to Oldtown. Sarella-alleras probably has some role to play alongside Sam, but I'm not sure there is a chekov's gun plot point still there.

Cersei and Jaime coming to this world together and leaving together is potentially a Chekov gun to Cersei + Jaime's death.

I agree with you on this one. What if Jaime, knowing what Cersei plans, performs a murder-suicide, kills her then himself.

On another note for Chekov's guns:

From AGOT:

Jon tells Sam of a recurring dream he has of Winterfell. He dreams he is walking in a long, empty hall in the castle, his voice echoing around him and no one is answering. He is looking for someone, but he isn't sure who, sometimes it is his father, sometimes Robb, or Arya, or even Benjen. But he never finds anyone, the castle is always empty. Even the ravens are gone, and the stables are full of bones. It scares him, and he runs around looking for someone. Then he finds himself in front of the door to the crypts, and he knows he has to go down there, but he doesn't want to. He's afraid of what is waiting for him. Not the old Kings of Winter, but something else. He screams that he is not a Stark, that it isn't his place, but it is no good and he feels he has to go down, so he starts, with no torch to light his way. It gets darker and darker, until he wants to scream, and then he wakes up.

In ASOS, Sansa sees clouds that look like two castles, one of rose(sigil of House Tyrell) and one of crimson and gold(Lannister colors), the wind blows them together and they form one castle, a serving maid then states she sees the castle tower tumbling over and the castle in ruins.

What about Rickon?

After basically disappearing, he suddenly becomes important in ADWD. He's a Stark and thus is a major rallying-point. He's also bound to the biggest, baddest, most vicious Direwolf South of the Wall.

Also, I don't think Skagos is as backwards as a lot of people think - but that's a discussion for another thread.

Depending on how much time passes between books, Rickon could be a total Thundergun.

Archived