[twow Spoilers] Arianne II, Part 2

Angalin

Yeah, knowing he's only got so much time might just ruin his strategic planning with impatience. It seems like the moment is his though. There are a lot of houses in Westeros whose sympathies were always with the Targaryens, and who are sick to death of the Tyrell/Lannister alliance. With Kevan's death and Aegon's resurrection it would seem like Connington has just enough momentum to reclaim the throne for the Targs.

Aegon seems a good bet to gain the throne with JC as his hand for a time. They have already conquered 3/4 of the Stormlands. I think the Marcher Lords will be soon to follow. If Connington successfully defeats the Tyrell army, I can see many more houses coming to support Aegon.

too bad "aegon" is most likely a paper dragon. maybe even a blackfyre descendent.

Although it has not been 100% confirmed, there is enough evidence in ADWD to suggest that he is not Rhaegar's son and more likely a scion of House Blackfyre.

He is still a dragon, but a black dragon and not a red one. Personally, I would have like to see Rhaegar's son actually alive (although he has another).

I hope aegon is for real because I dont like dany at all & I think he would make a great king.dany's story I hate alot.jon's is good and his alive too there's no way g.r.r.m. Would kill someone he spent 5 book's building him up.robb was good I knew he would die.arya is great,buts she needs to go home to westeros and meet up with her wolf and gendry too.

Although it has not been 100% confirmed, there is enough evidence in ADWD to suggest that he is not Rhaegar's son and more likely a scion of House Blackfyre.

He is still a dragon, but a black dragon and not a red one. Personally, I would have like to see Rhaegar's son actually alive (although he has another).

What evidence is there in ADwD to suggest Aegon is not Rhaegar's son?

What ever you are referring to, I don't think you can call it "evidence". There may be some speculation at best, but you can't say there is evidence proving Aegon is not Rhaegar's son, and then say there is NO evidence proving that he is Rhaegar's son. Given the information we know from ADwD there is a lot More information saying he is the son of Rhaegar, opposed to not being the son of Rhaegar.

I hope aegon is for real because I dont like dany at all & I think he would make a great king.dany's story I hate alot.jon's is good and his alive too there's no way g.r.r.m. Would kill someone he spent 5 book's building him up.robb was good I knew he would die.arya is great,buts she needs to go home to westeros and meet up with her wolf and gendry too.

What are your reasons for actually not liking Danaerys?

What are your reasons for thinking Aegon would make a great king?

I don't really think Dany becoming queen is important right now, I believe her true purpose is to fight in the battle against the Others. However if she survives that Battle I think she will make a fine Queen. With all the other potential kings and queens, if they make a mistake Westeros pays the price. Danaerys already learned what not to do as a Queen in Mereen. Nobody else got to have a dress rehursal at being Queen like Dany did. So I think her second run at it would be very successful. When you think about it, given all the factors in Mereen, she really didn't do that bad of a job. I'm not saying it was good, but I would like to see Aegon try and do a better job than she did if he were given the same exact circumstances. Or anyone for that matter.

I don't really think Dany becoming queen is important right now, I believe her true purpose is to fight in the battle against the Others. However if she survives that Battle I think she will make a fine Queen. With all the other potential kings and queens, if they make a mistake Westeros pays the price. Danaerys already learned what not to do as a Queen in Mereen. Nobody else got to have a dress rehursal at being Queen like Dany did. So I think her second run at it would be very successful. When you think about it, given all the factors in Mereen, she really didn't do that bad of a job. I'm not saying it was good, but I would like to see Aegon try and do a better job than she did if he were given the same exact circumstances. Or anyone for that matter.

I'm with Herald Snow with this one, i just don't like Dany and if you look at it. If you believe in R+L=J. Jon was a better ruler than Dany as shown in the Wall. Too bad he was betrayed. This rehearsal your saying is reasonable but regardless of what you said, she still failed to be a ruler of a measly little city like Meereen, what more of the 7 kingdoms. Yes I acknowledge her value of being instrumental in fighting the Others but I would rather take on accept Jon Snow than Dany.

What ever you are referring to, I don't think you can call it "evidence". There may be some speculation at best, but you can't say there is evidence proving Aegon is not Rhaegar's son, and then say there is NO evidence proving that he is Rhaegar's son. Given the information we know from ADwD there is a lot More information saying he is the son of Rhaegar, opposed to not being the son of Rhaegar.

So true! I'm still hoping that YG is the real deal as given the clues/speculations in the books. If you play an online game, someone new is bound to come up and try to knock you out. Its the rule of the game. So what if he only came out in the 5th book. It only makes it more interesting, adding more players and pieces in the board.

I can see you are a bit new to the board as there have been massive threads on the issue posted in ADWD thread. Kind of off topice but here goes... Its all from the early Tyrion chapters.

1. Tyrion finds a statue of Illyrio in his youth. He was a lean and fit sword fighter with blonde hair, and not in the condition he is in now (Aegon in lean and fit).

2. Illyrion tells Tyrion that he is getting master of coin, lands and a castle for his services. Tyrion thinks he is a liar. Tyrion believes he is getting something out of this worth more than any lands, castles or gold (a son on the iron throne).

3. Illyrio tells us that the death of Maelys the Monstrous ended House Blackfyre in the male line (suggesting that a female descendent survived).

4. Illyrio shows Tyrion a picture of his wife Sera. She is pale blonde and blue-eyed, but with a streak of silver in her hair. So we know she has Valaryian (Targaryen blood?).

5. Illyrion seems oddly sad to Tyrion as he cannot go to see Aegon off on his journey. He packs some Aegon's favorite candy in one of the chests and swears not to miss Aegon's marriage by Sera's name (seems quite fatherly).

6. There were early chapters for ADWD that showed even more talk of house Blackfrye in the Tyrion chapters, but was edited out. Many think GRRM did not want to make it too obvious and give away Aegon's true parentage like he did with Jon.

As I said, its not 100%, but it is quite convincing when you think about it. If true he is still a dragon from a cadet branch of house Targaryen with a legit claim to the throne. Sadly, I don't think he is the son of Rhaegar.

I don't like Dany either and hope that Jon will eventually rule. Dany will be queen for whatever king ends up on the iron throne.

Jon was raised by Ned Stark and is the son of the greatest prince to ever grace Westeros.

I can see you are a bit new to the board as there have been massive threads on the issue posted in ADWD thread. Kind of off topice but here goes... Its all from the early Tyrion chapters.

1. Tyrion finds a statue of Illyrio in his youth. He was a lean and fit sword fighter with blonde hair, and not in the condition he is in now (Aegon in lean and fit).

2. Illyrion tells Tyrion that he is getting master of coin, lands and a castle for his services. Tyrion thinks he is a liar. Tyrion believes he is getting something out of this worth more than any lands, castles or gold (a son on the iron throne).

3. Illyrio tells us that the death of Maelys the Monstrous ended House Blackfyre in the male line (suggesting that a female descendent survived).

4. Illyrio shows Tyrion a picture of his wife Sera. She is pale blonde and blue-eyed, but with a streak of silver in her hair. So we know she has Valaryian (Targaryen blood?).

5. Illyrion seems oddly sad to Tyrion as he cannot go to see Aegon off on his journey. He packs some Aegon's favorite candy in one of the chests and swears not to miss Aegon's marriage by Sera's name (seems quite fatherly).

6. There were early chapters for ADWD that showed even more talk of house Blackfrye in the Tyrion chapters, but was edited out. Many think GRRM did not want to make it too obvious and give away Aegon's true parentage like he did with Jon.

As I said, its not 100%, but it is quite convincing when you think about it. If true he is still a dragon from a cadet branch of house Targaryen with a legit claim to the throne. Sadly, I don't think he is the son of Rhaegar.

Well explained and I truly accept your reasoning but until further evidence... it is still a speculation. Just like the other threads defending or denying if he is the real deal.

I actually want Aegon to be Rhaegar's son, but I have a feeling he is not. In my perfect ending Aegon, Jon and Dany all rule as a sort of power sharing situation.

Tyrion kinds of foreshadows this when he sees the triarchs of Volantis. He wonders how Westeros would have turned out if there were three rulers instead of Aerys and his father. I wonder if he will suggest this down the road.

I'm with Herald Snow with this one, i just don't like Dany and if you look at it. If you believe in R+L=J. Jon was a better ruler than Dany as shown in the Wall. Too bad he was betrayed. This rehearsal your saying is reasonable but regardless of what you said, she still failed to be a ruler of a measly little city like Meereen, what more of the 7 kingdoms. Yes I acknowledge her value of being instrumental in fighting the Others but I would rather take on accept Jon Snow than Dany.

Oh trust me I am all for Jon over Dany, or Jon over anyone for that matter. I just can't fathom why everyone is so anti Danaerys.

Three rulers that every once in a while have to be chosen from the nine ruling houses of the seven kingdoms? King's Landing would only become even more of a hotbed of secret alliances and backstabbing if you ask me.

I wasn't suggesting that they adopt the Volantene system completely....just a straight up roman style triumvirate.