[twow Spoilers] Arianne II, Part 2

Angalin

Ok what more can be discussed about it if the topic doesn't change the discussion would be the same thing over and over so why does it matter if the topic changes?

Agreed, the topics that have been subsequently discussed revolve around the Arianne chapter. The discussion is naturally going to change somewhat.

What intrigues me is that the Highgarden forces have left King's Landing to take back Storm's End. While they seem to be faithful to Kevan in the epilogue, who knows what has changed since Kevan has died and power has probably shifted back to Cersei. I actually hope they team up with Connington to take King's Landing. They probably wont if Margaery is captive in King's Landing with Cersei though.

What intrigues me is that the Highgarden forces have left King's Landing to take back Storm's End. .

Not the Highgarden forces. Part of the Highgarden forces did, they very likely did not sent everything (which would mean they lose de-facto control over KL!).

Ok what more can be discussed about it if the topic doesn't change the discussion would be the same thing over and over so why does it matter if the topic changes?

You seem to do this in every thread I seen you post in. Why dont you got to the I love dany tread and post there. Instead of trying to make every thread about dany and why people hate her. IF you want to talk about dany go to a dany thread its not that hard. Edited by slayer420

Not the Highgarden forces. Part of the Highgarden forces did, they very likely did not sent everything (which would mean they lose de-facto control over KL!).

Well that could create an even better situation to switch allegiances. Have their two force simultaneously defect to Aegon's side. That would also ensure that Margaery was safe.

/random thought/

Elia sneaks off to play a cave, caves tend to be in mountains...

both Summerhall and Griffins Roost are near Mountains.

So it seems that there was a cave that sacred to the children of the forest in the mountains near Griffins Roost and therefore very close to Summerhall.

The Prince of Dragonflies and Jenny of Oldstones died at Summerhall. Jenny of Oldstones was friends with that dwarf woman on the hill at high heart, and Jenny said that the dwarf was a child of the forest (having seen an actual child of the forest in ADWD, we know they are nothing like that unfortunate creature woman described in ASOS).

/Random thought/

Well that could create an even better situation to switch allegiances. Have their two force simultaneously defect to Aegon's side. That would also ensure that Margaery was safe.

What would be the motive to do so? Right now, the Tyrells are the boss at KL. They control Tommen and his small council, and Tommen is fond of Margaery. Why would they give that up to cower at Aegon's feet instead? Especially while Aegon is planning to marry Dany (and failing that, I'd think Arianne has a way better chance than Margaery to marry him)?

If Tommen dies (say, by Varys' hand), then the Tyrells have reason to drop the Lannister/Barathen pretense, but not before that, unless it is a last-ditch effort to get Aegon's favour if Connington and the GC look like winning in spite of Highgarden's best efforts.

What would be the motive to do so? Right now, the Tyrells are the boss at KL. They control Tommen and his small council, and Tommen is fond of Margaery. Why would they give that up to cower at Aegon's feet instead? Especially while Aegon is planning to marry Dany (and failing that, I'd think Arianne has a way better chance than Margaery to marry him)?

If Tommen dies (say, by Varys' hand), then the Tyrells have reason to drop the Lannister/Barathen pretense, but not before that, unless it is a last-ditch effort to get Aegon's favour if Connington and the GC look like winning in spite of Highgarden's best efforts.

Even if Tommen dies, they could marry WIllas to Myrcella.

Where is Myrcella in all of this? Isn't she travelling up to Kings Landing via the Stormlands?

Edited by voodooqueen126

I agree. It makes way more sense to keep an army in control of the capital and more importantly, in control of the king and small council.

I think the Lannister/Tyrell monarchy is done. All thats left is to see how fast they crumble. It wouldnt surprise me if Tarly jumped to Aegon betraying Mace and combining their forces to attack Kings Landing so Aegon can sit on the Throne just in time for Dany to show up.

Whats interesting is if Aegon hears about Dany's marriage does Connington then start looking for a match which could lead to Littlefinger and Sansa and the untapped strength of the powerful Vale armies who could descend on Kings landing from the North and by sea while Aegon comes up from the South.

I think the Lannister/Tyrell monarchy is done. All thats left is to see how fast they crumble. It wouldnt surprise me if Tarly jumped to Aegon betraying Mace and combining their forces to attack Kings Landing so Aegon can sit on the Throne just in time for Dany to show up.

Whats interesting is if Aegon hears about Dany's marriage does Connington then start looking for a match which could lead to Littlefinger and Sansa and the untapped strength of the powerful Vale armies who could descend on Kings landing from the North and by sea while Aegon comes up from the South.

skins, I've thought the exact same thing. The rise of YG, real or not, would seem like the perfect opportunity for Littlefinger to play his Sansa card. An Aegon/Sansa match would seem to be beneficial for everyone involved. Sansa brings the Griffs the north and the vale. Littlefinger surely has heard of Aegon's return so I can't imagine he wouldn't drop Alayne Stone's marriage to Harry the heir in a heartbeat to have a chance to present the lovely Sansa to Aegon. Could she finally get her prince?

Of course it seems really obvious so who knows if GRRM would set it up that way. He might set it up then have Aegon die some horrible death... poor Sansa.

If I was gambling on who Aegon will marry Sansa wouldnt be my first choice because Connington seems so hell bent on Dany. There is also Arianne who is in the mix who I would put ahead of Sansa as well. There are several key factors that can really influence the decision as well, the first being Danys marriage. I think she will be a widow soon enough so that could change, the problem there is the distance between Mereen and Westeros will keep Connington from hearing the news.

Connington also needs Dorne so I wouldnt be surprised if a marriage to Arianne could be in the works, not to mention the fact that Arianne has proven to be somewhat of a seductress in getting Oakheart to break his vows. The problem with Arianne is the "ick" factor of her and Aegon being cousins, then again he is a Targ so who knows.

Sansa's main problems are the fact she is already married and the fact that she's now Alyane Stone and promised to Harry.

skins, I've thought the exact same thing. The rise of YG, real or not, would seem like the perfect opportunity for Littlefinger to play his Sansa card. An Aegon/Sansa match would seem to be beneficial for everyone involved. Sansa brings the Griffs the north and the vale. Littlefinger surely has heard of Aegon's return so I can't imagine he wouldn't drop Alayne Stone's marriage to Harry the heir in a heartbeat to have a chance to present the lovely Sansa to Aegon. Could she finally get her prince?

Of course it seems really obvious so who knows if GRRM would set it up that way. He might set it up then have Aegon die some horrible death... poor Sansa.

The main problem here is Dany. Aegon has a really good reason to remain single for now, even if he didn't need his aunt"s help, he can't risk making her his rival for the throne. She has dragons after all.