[twow Spoilers] Arianne II, Part 2

Angalin

I wonder if Ned voiced his displeasure over the deaths of the Elia's children? He was very vocal when it came to telling Robert that he should leave Daenerys alone, so I wouldn't be surprised if he expressed anger over the children's death too when it happened. If so the Martells might be aware of that Eddard would have spared Elia and the children had he taken King's Landing before the Lannisters, and thus don't hold him accountable for what happened.

He did voice displeasure. That's why he left King's Landing right after the Lannisters arrived.

The question is.....how many people were defending Storm's End?

I always reckon that Stannis only left a token force in Storm's End and took everyone to Blackwater, and then retreated to Dragonstone, headed to the Wall and never gave much thought to Storm's End.

Although then again, Mace Tyrell still couldn't take Storm's End that whole time prior to heading back to KL, so I guess it was pretty well defended?

I think it was adequatly defended in terms of manpower. Back when Stannis left the garrison there, he had men enough to spare for a proper defence and he's a cautious man.

Storm's End is a strong castle and you need a fleet to besiege it properly. And Mace Tyrell has proved that he's not the type who will dare a direct assault.

The question is.....how many people were defending Storm's End?

I always reckon that Stannis only left a token force in Storm's End and took everyone to Blackwater, and then retreated to Dragonstone, headed to the Wall and never gave much thought to Storm's End.

Although then again, Mace Tyrell still couldn't take Storm's End that whole time prior to heading back to KL, so I guess it was pretty well defended?

it is more than just defence by men,it is in the way Storm's End is built,the spells.

Edited by Bushido

It seems unlikely the Storm lords have much love for Aegon and Connington at this time - some of the reports on the readings mentioned that the captive ladies and lords (who remained in the captured castles) were not happy with Connington. The way he treats his own family in Griffin's Roost may be an indication of this; he certainly hasn't been making any friends there.

I am curious about which castles this refers to... the epilogue to ADWD mentioned that the Golden Company had landed at Tarth, among others. I wonder if we will finally meet Brienne's father. I am really curious about him.

I am curious about which castles this refers to... the epilogue to ADWD mentioned that the Golden Company had landed at Tarth, among others. I wonder if we will finally meet Brienne's father. I am really curious about him.

They went straight to Storm's End though, didn't they?

I think Davos lives at Cape Wrath. It seems like Aegon's forces captured Griffin's Roost and a couple other castles (the Estermont's?) in the Stormlands, then moved on Storm's End. I have seen some really wildly varying estimates on this thread of how much of the Stormlands Aegon's forces now command, as of this chapter, which mostly seem like guesses.

It's interesting that this POV was moved from ADWD (I think) because chronologically it seems to come after the ADWD epilogue, in which Kevan, Mace Tyrell, and the Small Council had heard of Aegon and the Golden Company had landed in the Stormlands, but it didn't seem that they had taken Storm's End yet.

Edited by Jolene Brown

• 3 weeks later...

But if Wights and Others can gain entry.... theres nothing to stop hordes of wights groping around til they find an exit. Though it may be if the tunnels are cotf related they can't enter.

Except spells.

I think about the weirwook trees sharing a root system over large distances that might allow new ones to sprout. No evidence

Considering that the Westerosi had no issues with 300 years worth of mostly brother-sister pairings in their dragonly-appointed Valyrian rulers, I'd say that incest is socially acceptable enough within the ruling classes to make a marriage between cousins worthy of even a lifted eyebrow. Furthermore, even among the slightly-less-incestuous-but-still-cousin-marrying Lannisters, the real problem with the Cersei-Jaime match was the drama concerning Robert's heirs, not so much that Cersei and Jaime were doing it. It was scandalous, but mostly to honorable-ass Ned Stark. Everyone else was more interested in succession than they were grossed out by the fact that Cersei and Jamie were boning.

I think it was made pretty clear that the Lannister incest was totally unacceptable to Westeros. The Targaryens were the only exception and that was because when they arrived and conquered Westeros they already had this habit.

I think it was made pretty clear that the Lannister incest was totally unacceptable to Westeros. The Targaryens were the only exception and that was because when they arrived and conquered Westeros they already had this habit.

IMO what made the Lannister incest really unacceptable was the treason commited by the queen and a kingsguard...