[twow Spoilers] Arianne II, Part 2

Angalin

I don't think the Tyrells have a prayer of uniting with Aegon. Their fortunes are FAR to tied to that of the House Lannister for that. Margaery Tyrell was married to both Lannister Kings. Plus I think Varys want's BOTH the House Lannister and House Tyrell taking the fall for a broken realm so that Aegon can be the hero that puts it all back together again.

Not to mention that Dorne (a very likely Aegon ally) Hates the Tyrells only a little less than they hate the Lannisters. I'm convinced one of the Sand Snakes are going to ultimately murder Tommen and Margaery. Though they've made it clear they'd love to take out Jaimie and Cersei as well.

I'm convinced one of the Sand Snakes are going to ultimately murder Tommen and Margaery. Though they've made it clear they'd love to take out Jaimie and Cersei as well.

Lady Nym and Tyene are going to be up to no good in KL that's for sure! I don't think many of the southron ladies at the Lannister/Tyrell court carry throwing knives hidden on their bodies. Just like Quorin Halfhand told our boy Jon Snow in the Skirling Pass, a man behind Mance Rayders lines will be worth a thousand on the wall, once his armies decend. I'm feeling some serious inside information coming from the Dornish ladies now at court (and on the council as well)

Lannister/Tyrell bashing time :box:

Edited by Usuper's Dog

• 4 weeks later...

I ought to take notes when reading through threads like this. Now, that I've read 322 posts, I'm struggling to recall the various points I thought I'd make along the way. Well, here I go:

- JC/YG taking SE... JC said they'd do so with guile, which is quite different from treachery (i.e., betrayal by one or more characters. Their attacking the Tyrell siege on SE and then posing as Stannis relief to get in is very plausible. Kudos to those that ...

- Weirwoods south of the neck. This alone would seem no big deal. If they had the faces on them, that would be more interesting to me. Recall, the weirwoods south of the neck were cut down thousands of years ago. With so much time passed, nature can make a comeback. For all we know, weirwood seeds, like other trees, can survive the digestion system of birds and other animals, which is how some trees spread in our world. But if the Singers played an active role by physically or warging, still cool.

- Cersei's impact on Dorne and Tyrell interests following Kevan and Pycells' deaths, requires additional obstacle removal. She was under house arrest with limited access to Tommen, regulated by Kevan. The surviving members of the small council would be wise if not expected to keep her away from the King, else she get him to sign/decree something. They could get the boy to sign anything they place in front of him, which could go badly for Cersei. Renly was not unique in realizing whoever possesses a boy-king possesses the power of the Kingdom. So, given that Varys wishes to further use Cersei as an unwitting agent of chaos, he'll probably help Cersei possess her son.

- Predicted massacre of Tyrell forces by a lake. Irrefutably plausible, and kudos to the poster that posited this. I love it man! It flows with an overarching theme of the high borne driven conflicts decimating the people and leaving the Seven Kingdoms weak and desperate when the Others swarm south. And that man vs man destruction comes from highbornes seeking things for themselves out of avarice through ruthless treachery and no regard for the small people. YG's role in the Winds of Winter, whether he's real or fake, is to serve as a catalyst for more destruction of the great houses, leaving Westeros's only hope of survival/spring to ice and fire. And with GRRM, TarStark can fail and the Others can win.

• 5 weeks later...

perhaps young griff has a lot greater chance of success than I thought storms end is said to be unsiegeable and yet he led the battle which defeated it although I think his true identity is to be revealed by dany who will be his downfall but until then he'll be one of the factors along with:the ironborn, Stannis, Sansa and the vale and growing mistrust between the 2 houses after kevans death and the trials by the faith that will break the already weak alliance between the lannisters and tyrells.

Personally, I don't think dorne will ally with aegon as although arianne may choose to side with him I think doran would be wary of the golden company due to their history of siding with blackfyres who wanted to remove the dornish influence in court he is also likely going to see through young griffs disguise as he would be the uncle of the real aegon But it would be interesting to see aegons relationship with arianne as she would be his cousin but also probably married to him to strengthen a dornish alliance.

The most interesting thing in this chapter is the presence of COTF runes so far south this surely must foreshadow something presumably the encroaching winter.

It seems that a lot of the twow chapters are a bit slow as not much happened in theons chapter and from what I can gather little happened in victarions either just some more nonsense about binding the horn from moquorro. but then again not much happens in any of his chapters.

personally, I would've rather heard the damphairs chapter as we haven't had a chapter from him since the middle of AFFC and neither asha or victarion mention his doings in their ADWD povs so I really wanna find out what hes actually doing

I don't think the Tyrells have a prayer of uniting with Aegon. Their fortunes are FAR to tied to that of the House Lannister for that. Margaery Tyrell was married to both Lannister Kings. Plus I think Varys want's BOTH the House Lannister and House Tyrell taking the fall for a broken realm so that Aegon can be the hero that puts it all back together again.

Not to mention that Dorne (a very likely Aegon ally) Hates the Tyrells only a little less than they hate the Lannisters. I'm convinced one of the Sand Snakes are going to ultimately murder Tommen and Margaery. Though they've made it clear they'd love to take out Jaimie and Cersei as well.

If I were Varys, I would arrange for Margaery Tyrell to be assassinated by someone connected to Cersei. That would drive Mace Tyrell to not only abandon his support of the Lannisters and Tommen, but to possibly kill the boy king and Cersei herself, or seize King's Landing and present it to Aegon, remembering that the Tyrells once supported the Targaryens. Margaery, and the chance to have a grandson sit on the Iron Throne (through Margaery), are what's keeping Mace Tyrell invested in propping up a failing regime.

Or, Varys could stage an attempted assassination on Margaery by someone connected to Cersei; and help Mace extract Margaery from King's Landing. Mace would offer Margaery to Aegon as a bride in exchange for Tyrell support.

Either way, the Iron Throne is further shaken, and Aegon can't lose, at least until Daenerys crosses back to Westeros (which might be another three years at least).

I'm trying to work out where it is Darkstar is (supposedly) hiding out, according to this bit:

Only Ser Gerold Dayne had escaped unscathed. Darkstar. If Myrcella's horse had not shied at the last instant, his longsword would have opened her from chest to waist instead just taking off her ear. Dayne was her most grievous sin, the one that Arianne most regretted. With one stroke of his sword, he had changed her botched plot into something foul and bloody. If the gods were good, by now Obara Sand had treed him in his mountain fastness and put an end to him. She said as much to Daemon Sand that first night, as they made camp. "Be careful what you pray for, princess," he replied. "Darkstar could put an end to Lady Obara just as easily." "She has Areo Hotah with her." Prince Doran's captain of guards had dispatched Ser Arys Oakheart with a single blow, though the Kingsguard were supposed to be the finest knights in all the realm. "No man can stand against Hotah."
Edited by mrlukeduke

• 2 weeks later...

The Tyrells are at freaking war with Aegon. Even speculating on a marriage pact is pure fantasy and thats without even considering how ruined Margarey is at this point. Even if she is deemed innocent, there is this little problem of her husband always dying. Makes no sense for Aegon to ally with Tyrells at all when Dorne will happily crush the mostly undefended Reach.

Edited by seppuku

The Tyrells are at freaking war with Aegon. Even speculating on a marriage pact is pure fantasy and thats without even considering how ruined Margarey is at this point. Even if she is deemed innocent, there is this little problem of her husband always dying. Makes no sense for Aegon to ally with Tyrells at all when Dorne will happily crush the mostly undefended Reach.

posts like these make me miss the like button

I wonder what will happen when doran finds out Quentyn is dead by the hands of the dany's dragons. Will they stick by aegon's side or... I would love them to form an alliance with the Starks by Sansa since she'll probably unite the north, riverlands and the vale

Really good question I think. My gf and I have talked about this a lot as she just finished reading ADwD and I gave her the three TWoW sample chapters. What will happen once Doran and Arianne learn of Quentyn's fate?

• 2 weeks later...

I ought to take notes when reading through threads like this. Now, that I've read 322 posts, I'm struggling to recall the various points I thought I'd make along the way. Well, here I go:

- JC/YG taking SE... JC said they'd do so with guile, which is quite different from treachery (i.e., betrayal by one or more characters. Their attacking the Tyrell siege on SE and then posing as Stannis relief to get in is very plausible. Kudos to those that ...

- Weirwoods south of the neck. This alone would seem no big deal. If they had the faces on them, that would be more interesting to me. Recall, the weirwoods south of the neck were cut down thousands of years ago. With so much time passed, nature can make a comeback. For all we know, weirwood seeds, like other trees, can survive the digestion system of birds and other animals, which is how some trees spread in our world. But if the Singers played an active role by physically or warging, still cool.

- Cersei's impact on Dorne and Tyrell interests following Kevan and Pycells' deaths, requires additional obstacle removal. She was under house arrest with limited access to Tommen, regulated by Kevan. The surviving members of the small council would be wise if not expected to keep her away from the King, else she get him to sign/decree something. They could get the boy to sign anything they place in front of him, which could go badly for Cersei. Renly was not unique in realizing whoever possesses a boy-king possesses the power of the Kingdom. So, given that Varys wishes to further use Cersei as an unwitting agent of chaos, he'll probably help Cersei possess her son.

- Predicted massacre of Tyrell forces by a lake. Irrefutably plausible, and kudos to the poster that posited this. I love it man! It flows with an overarching theme of the high borne driven conflicts decimating the people and leaving the Seven Kingdoms weak and desperate when the Others swarm south. And that man vs man destruction comes from highbornes seeking things for themselves out of avarice through ruthless treachery and no regard for the small people. YG's role in the Winds of Winter, whether he's real or fake, is to serve as a catalyst for more destruction of the great houses, leaving Westeros's only hope of survival/spring to ice and fire. And with GRRM, TarStark can fail and the Others can win.

Thank you and to expound on the Cersei situation, by this time, even the most loyal of the Lannister commanders such as Adam Maraband know now that she is utterly incompetent as a leader. I find it inconceivable that she can regain power when the word is out on her, and she has no support system. Jamie himself would never support her. Forget whatever happens with R Gregor Strong, GRRM wouldn't go there. Cersei has zero allies in KL right now and she is not taking her power back (especially with Jamie on his way to the BwB and a situation that likely wont resolve quickly).

LF knows Cersei has destroyed her power and Varys cant even hell her at this point.