[twow Spoilers] Arianne II, Part 2

Angalin

There is a part in this chapter that I believe is very revealing about the whole aegon being a pretender issue. The part in the chapter where arianne finds elia in the cave catching fish, she says something like "you could have died" why take the time to describe how ominous it sounded and how many times it echoed off the wall when the word "died" was said. Let's think about it. George takes the time to mention "died" echoed ominously off the wall 3 times. This is also said referring to Elia. I think in this subtle description of something very minor we were just hinted at aegon being a fake because it says died 3 times and three people died at the hands of the mountain and amory lorch, Elia, rhaenys, and aegon. And the fact that the words "ominously echoed off the walls" much like aegons head was smashed against the walls. Perhaps I'm looking too deep, but I feel there are always clues in seemingly simple descriptive sentences of surroundings. It's a very subtle clue that all three died and the baby aegon never survived.

Edited by Ralfius Darkstar Hightower

I agree that Aegon is a Blackfyre pretender / fake but he is real enough to be a major threat to take the Iron throne away from the Lannister/Tyrell Axis and his movement will be popular because of it. Arianne I think will seduce him but he will not marry her. She will get pregnant but never be Queen. Someone else we know will be Aegon's Queen.

Given that Daenerys won't show up in Westeros soon, Aegon will need Martells to legitimize him and Jon Connighton seems determined to take them on his side after taking Griffin's Roost.So Arianne still has many possibilities to become Aegon's queen.

Yes, it is more than possible but it remains to be seen. JonCon and co are pretty adamant that Aegon be available to marry Dany as they need her dragons and army. They were all supposed to be there but she and they are not. Aegon needs to act fast. Dorne should be on his side anyway,Word of Quentyn's death will push Dorne to war but even they must be made to realized that the Vale is needed and LF will want a lot for that alliance. I tell you Sansa will be the bargaining chip.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Ned voiced his displeasure over the deaths of the Elia's children? He was very vocal when it came to telling Robert that he should leave Daenerys alone, so I wouldn't be surprised if he expressed anger over the children's death too when it happened. If so the Martells might be aware of that Eddard would have spared Elia and the children had he taken King's Landing before the Lannisters, and thus don't hold him accountable for what happened.

Asha not Yara. Just a thought, that it appears to be a combination of Ashara.

Yes, Ned did voice his displeasure over the deaths of Elia's children. He called it murder and Robert said, I see no murder, I see only dragon spawn. That caused a rift between he and Robert that didn't end until they came together to mourn Lyanna's death.

Doran isn't going to declare for Aegon without a marriage pact, in the game of thrones you don't leave the crown on the table.

The Vale is not LF's or Sansa's to give. The whole point of marrying Sansa to Harry and being rid of SR is to galvanise and motivate the Vale to do his bidding, if he marries Sansa to Aegon and calls the banners the only Lords besides the weak Royce to heed his call will be those he can bribe. The Vale won't rise to fight for LF and a Targaryen king.

Sansa is Tyrion's wife, Tyrion saved Aegon's life and gave him, as far as he knows, the greatest advice he's ever been given. And last he knows Tyrion lives, he's not going to marry his wife.

Robert and Ned were born in 263, Stannis 265, Rebellion began at 282 so Stannis was 17, Ned and Robert at 19.

Does anyone know exactly how many days are in a Westerosi year? I never put much stock into ages in the books, and always assumed that since characters seem to act much older than they are they probably are much older. We assume that a 'Name day' occurs every 365 days....but what if it's more like every 450 days?
That would make a 14 year old Jon Snow closer to 17-18 at the beginning of GOT.

...just saying....

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know exactly how many days are in a Westerosi year? I never put much stock into ages in the books, and always assumed that since characters seem to act much older than they are they probably are much older. We assume that a 'Name day' occurs every 365 days....but what if it's more like every 450 days?
That would make a 14 year old Jon Snow closer to 17-18 at the beginning of GOT.

...just saying....

Walder Frey is almost 92, he'd be closer to 120 if the years were that long.

Yes, it is more than possible but it remains to be seen. JonCon and co are pretty adamant that Aegon be available to marry Dany as they need her dragons and army. They were all supposed to be there but she and they are not. Aegon needs to act fast. Dorne should be on his side anyway,Word of Quentyn's death will push Dorne to war but even they must be made to realized that the Vale is needed and LF will want a lot for that alliance. I tell you Sansa will be the bargaining chip. 

The GC nearly conquered the stormlands and it is winter. All Aegon needs to is Conquer KL and the only that is standing their way is Lannister (which is minimal since most are in the riverlands currently) and the Tyrells. They don't need to bothered with the Vale and upward. They are not coming to KL. All Aegon need is dorne to deal with the Tyrells and KL is his for the Taking.

• 4 months later...

Daemon Sand gives Arianne a line about Darkstar being more of a "viper" that Oberyn ever was. We know that Doran is the grass that hides the "viper". Possible foreshadowing of Darkstar working for Doran Martell? I'd like to think so.

I am glad to read the reports on the reading of Arianne II because I hope it will put to rest the notion that Arianne intends to marry Aegon, or that Aegon would agree to it.

It always seemed very clear to me that Doran doubted Aegon's legitimacy and for good reason. Doran has better plays he can make. Meanwhile, Aegon intends to marry Dany, and would never agree to a marriage with Dorne when they bring so few soldiers and resources to the table.

Of course, Quentyn's death is a problem. It may well doom any potential alliance between Dany and Dorne. If Aegon is also not a good choice for them it is hard to see which direction they would turn.

Daemon Sand gives Arianne a line about Darkstar being more of a "viper" that Oberyn ever was. We know that Doran is the grass that hides the "viper". Possible foreshadowing of Darkstar working for Doran Martell? I'd like to think so.

i am also interested in this possibility.

The GC nearly conquered the stormlands and it is winter. All Aegon needs to is Conquer KL and the only that is standing their way is Lannister (which is minimal since most are in the riverlands currently) and the Tyrells. They don't need to bothered with the Vale and upward. They are not coming to KL. All Aegon need is dorne to deal with the Tyrells and KL is his for the Taking.

The Tyrells are not an obstacle.

Their alliance with the Lannisters is over, whether Cersei knows it or not. They are ready and willing to jump ship. All they need is a good deal with Aegon and they will off Tommen and let Aegon waltz into KL.

The Tyrells are not an obstacle.

Their alliance with the Lannisters is over, whether Cersei knows it or not. They are ready and willing to jump ship. All they need is a good deal with Aegon and they will off Tommen and let Aegon waltz into KL.

I could see the Tyrells pulling the same thing Sansa would need to get out of the Tyrion marriage, appeal to the High Septon for an annulment due to non - consummation of the marriage and I could see the Tyrells offering (laugh but ...) Margeary to Aegon for the reach's support.

I could see the Tyrells pulling the same thing Sansa would need to get out of the Tyrion marriage, appeal to the High Septon for an annulment due to non - consummation of the marriage and I could see the Tyrells offering (laugh but ...) Margeary to Aegon for the reach's support.

The thing is, Aegon would never accept Margaery under those terms.

He would, however, accept Margaery if doing so would win him the Kingdoms. Annulment is not enough for that. Regicide and an open gate into KL is, and the Tyrells are in position and angry enough to arrange both.

For one King to replace another, the other needs to die.

Edited by Hippocras

There is a difference:Margaery is arrested for adultery and treason and is definitely not a virgin.Only if she is found innocent Aegon can marry her.

we know that her maidenhead is gone and may have been lost horseback riding. There is no real evidence that she has had a lover. Aegon may get Dorne due to what Qyentin has gone through without marrying Ariane so he needs allies. I would atleast expect the Reach to make the offer. The Queen of Thorns has not been seen in the books lately so who knows. I still think Sansa in the books will end up as Aegon's Queen as she is the one to cast Cersei down.