[twow Spoilers] Arianne II, Part 2

Angalin

5 minutes ago, Hos the Hostage said:

IMO, Arianne's interaction with Lysono Maar may be related to how she will judge Aegon. Lysono looking like a Targaryen will make it difficult for her to assess Aegon's heritage based on his blonde hair and purple eyes. Unfortunately there is no picture of Rhaegar anywhere accessible (Castle Darry has Aegon I to Aerys, not Rhaegar portrait in tapestries). I don't think Aegon's facial features are similar to Rhaegar, because if it was, JonCon would have remarked upon it (Eg: he had the same square jaw as Rhaegar or something like that.) All JonCon does is notice the difference in eyecolor of father and 'son'. If Aegon looks like his mother Elia (I mean the facial features, not skin, hair and eye colors), Arianne or Daemon may be able to identify him. 

But the stage is set for Arianne and/or Elia to fall in love with Aegon. I'm sure sooner or later they will hear about JonCon's plan to marry Aegon to Dany, which is against Dorne's interest. All they need is the news of Quentyn to start another Dance of dragons. I think Ser Barristan will send Quentyn's bones with Arch and Drink, and Dorne's view of Dany will depend heavily on what songs the two knights sing. Quentyn did not hate Dany, but his friends accused her for his death even though it was entirely their/his own fault.

Actually Arch didn´t hate dany. he was pretty reasonable about everything.It was Gerris that was a dick about it.

The funny thing is that Arch hates sailing. I have a feeling that he will stay behind and join Team Dany. While Gerris will return with Quentyns Body and tell the story, which will of course be biased. How Dany laughed at quentyns proposal, and how her dragons killed him.. even how dany herself is dead.

This will push dorne to declaring for (f)Aegon.. and everything will turn to tragedy for doran when dany does arrive westeros.

Edited by LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse

15 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

This isn't going to end well for Arianne.  Also, I have a feeling something will happen between Aegon and Elia.  And yes, Margaery has been released, I am absolutely sure of that, and I believe the same is true for Cersei.

Hope not. Just when I was beginning to care for Arianne..

I will not be sad to see Elia meeting a tragic end, though.

All that holds Tyrell-Lannister alliance together if Tommen-Margaery marriage. If either Tommen or Margaery end up dead, the Tyrells will support Aegon and Lannisters will lose the war. Their army is not as strong as before, and most of them were at Riverrun. BwB and Nymeria (maybe Sansa and the Vale too) will take care of that.

It will soon be time for the Tyrells to give up wanting Marg to be queen and try to protect their own seat. We may see a betrothal between Willas and Arianne.

Edited by Hos the Hostage

Good chapter. My takeaways:

1. Doran sent Elia Sand with Arianne to teach her who she should be keeping an eye on.

2. The echoing of died,died,died in the cave is definite foreshadowing of some, or all of them not making it back. 

3. Arianne wins and loses at cyvasse. Early success in the GOT will lead to a screw up elsewhere.

4. Like with her other chapter, seeds of distrust and dislike are being sown between her and Daenerys.

5. Aegon will sit the throne by the end of TWOW.

1 minute ago, PCK said:

Aegon will sit the throne by the end of TWOW.

This. It would make it more climatic as toward the conclusion of the series, especially the case with Dany leaving Westeros in Winds. The second Dance of Dragons will begin in the finale.

I like BrydenFishs arguments that Mace will command the tyrell army (and fail). Yet we wouln´t leave his daughter untill she is declared innocent.

we don´t really know when this happens.

Maybe Margs trial was already conducted, and the Tyrell army is commanded by Mace himself.

or maybe Mace took the Regency and he did this:

Tyrell did not let him finish. “These charges against my daughter are filthy lies. I ask again, why must we play out this mummer’s farce? Have King Tommen declare my daughter innocent, ser, and put an end to the foolishness here and now.”

and left with most of his army to fight connigton, leaving Tarly in charge

When the tyrells lose their power, Cersei will give Marg back to the faith..

This is a very strange fandom in which people don't want to read descriptions and such. JKR should have just written "and Harry entered this very old castle. The castle was old". :dunno:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway....

Arianna's reaction to Lysono is, imo, a confirmation that she likes very "manly men". And she considers Aegon to be a kid. I think she's going to be more impressed by Griff than by Aegon. He's the one she's worried about.

Also, Lysono's hair is white-gold. The Targaryens are silver-gold. Considering Jon has called Rhaegar "silver prince" (*deep sigh*), and hasn't mentioned any differences between Aegon's hair and Rhaegar's, I think we can conclude Aegon's hair is also silver.

I liked this chapter. Shows how a journey can be so much more than a travelogue. I liked how Arianne is being cautious and thinking both of her father and Oberyn. Daemon Sand is pretty cool, as well. Definitely going to have to reread it for more hints.

I do like Elia - love how Arianne thinks that her sisters will kill her if anything happens to the girl. It's a good reminder of how tightly knit the Sandsnakes are, and if something bad does happen to Elia... well...

I'm looking forward to Arianne meeting up with JonCon, as well as her reaction when she finds out what became of Quentyn.

“And the men of House Targaryen?”

“Oh, even prettier. Though if truth be told, I have only seen the one.”

Maar should be aware that (f)Aegon is in fact a Blackfyre (if the (f)Aegon Blackfyre theory is true). I assumed that, in the quote above, he was referring to Viserys.

ADwD, Daenerys III

Her brother Viserys had once feasted the captains of the Golden Company, in hopes they might take up his cause. They ate his food and heard his pleas and laughed at him. Dany had only been a little girl, but she remembered.

Of course, this would have been as much as ten years ago, so Maar might not have been part of the GC yet. Still, if he was (and in a position to be considered a captain), we have another data point for the Blackfyre theory.

ETA -

Timing might be tight on this.

The spymaster was new to Griff, a Lyseni named Lysono Maar, with lilac eyes and white-gold hair and lips that would have been the envy of a whore.

So JonCon didn't know Maar before he left. It all depends on how old Dany was when Viserys feasted the GC.

Edited by Ibbison from Ibben

53 minutes ago, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

or maybe Mace took the Regency and he did this:

Tyrell did not let him finish. “These charges against my daughter are filthy lies. I ask again, why must we play out this mummer’s farce? Have King Tommen declare my daughter innocent, ser, and put an end to the foolishness here and now.”

I've always thought that likely. But Tarly has sworn a holy oath to make sure Marge shows up for her trial. We don't know how devout Tarly is, but if Mace's actions dishonor him, Tarly might be motivated enough to side with (f)Aegon. Of course, he would first have to insure Marge's safety - get her out of KL

Once (f)Aegon takes KL, Tarly could then approach the HS about some sort of reconcilliation.

6 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

I've always thought that likely. But Tarly has sworn a holy oath to make sure Marge shows up for her trial. We don't know how devout Tarly is, but if Mace's actions dishonor him, Tarly might be motivated enough to side with (f)Aegon. Of course, he would first have to insure Marge's safety - get her out of KL

Once (f)Aegon takes KL, Tarly could then approach the HS about some sort of reconcilliation.

i´m not so sure. Tarly sounded pissed with the HS:

Ser Kevan lied, “but His High Holiness insists upon a trial.”

Lord Randyll snorted. “What have we become, when kings and high lords must dance to the twittering of sparrows?”

i don´t think he would honor that oath.

This romance won't/can't happen.

Jon Connington wants and needs to marry his paper dragon to Dany. And he hopes offering his scaled hand in marriage to Dorne will do the trick (check his chapter in ADWD). And "Aegon" has also set his mind on marrying Dany. 

As for Storms End having fallen to the Golden Company. I think that is actually possible. The last thing we heard was. Loras had stormed Storms End and he had been severely injured (one of the Cersei chapters in AFFC, iirc). So I think it is possible they managed to take that understaffed castle by surprise. Afterall the highgarden army is needed at home to deal with Euron's raiding parties (again in Cersei's chapter). 

Has Storms End really fallen? No, idea. We have to wait and see.

Just now, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

i don´t think he would honor that oath.

Tarly obviously doesn't respect the current HS, as you point out. But what about the Seven? He might be "conventionally religious" enough to still honor an oath. Still, we don't know.