[twow Spoilers] Arianne II, Part 2

Angalin

• 2 weeks later...

House Baratheon started the war that killed Elia. I don't see Dorne considering an alliance with them any time soon, nor the Starks, Tullys or Arryns. He didn't spare a thought for the Young Wolf either.

But then again, The young Wolf wasn't contending for the throne of the seven kingdoms. Just the north, There was no reason to ally with him considering the how far apart both are.

I'd say he's covering all the bases. He has already thrown in with the Targs, it will become known at some point. He knows Dany is the real deal for sure. He also knows that Quentyn is not he most handsome, dashing, or even smart fellow, so the chance of failure to marry him to Danny is high. Why not treat with YG...not to mention it is his nephew (allegedly). He's in bed with the dragons already, best find out if YG is real and what he is about.

Let us not forget the out of all the House's Martells are the only line that keeps on marrying the Targs, He have a blood of a Targ.

• 2 weeks later...

because Doran (1) sees a weak King, (2) Cersei as Queen Regent, (3) they tried to kill his son (Trystane), (4) he has heard reports that Quentyn is on his way, and (5) he thinks sealing an alliance with the Golden Company and Jon Connington, may smooth the way for Dany, (6) because he can't trust any other envoy, and (7) because Connington would be an idiot to inform King's Landing that Doran is contemplating an alliance when he needs Dorne much more than Dorne needs him.

Also, Doran knows he is going to die soon. He needs Arianne to get some experience quickly. He knows that if Dorne throws in with JC and IMO the mummer's dragon, she will need to deal with any aftermath. Therefore, its important she herself check out the situation with JC and Aegon.

supposedly all the old decorations from the targs are in storage somewhere.

The targs had dragon skulls on the walls which we know are now under the redkeep.

Lord darry had targ tapestries and hid them when Robert visited. Tyrion found them in a basement.

Lord darry's dead, the castle changed hands during the fighting they might still be there, or stolen, burned, who knows?

Thats all we know regarding targ decorations.

Thanks for this, very interesting.

I can understand taking a maester for the ravens but wonder if the septons presence has relevance.

I also wonder why she doesn't think much of the Tyrell army. Perhaps its not numerous or led by someone not seen as to dangerous.

Maybe this points to Tarly not commanding?

Is there an Old Jon Mudd I wonder.

The plan is for her to travel to Mistwood, then across the Rainwood to Griffon's Roost. The Rainwood is described in great details with several kinds of trees, including weirwood.

Very, very interesting that Arianne sees weirwoods in the Rainwood. I thought there weren't supposed to be any weirwoods growing "wild" in the forests of the South? We know a couple of ancient southern Houses still have a weirwood in their godswoods, but I thought that those, the weirwood at the Ravenry of the Citadel, and the Isle of Faces were supposed to be the only weirwoods left south of the Neck?

Were we just never told that the Rainwood has surviving weirwood trees? Or is it possible that new weirwood trees have begun sprouting in the south?

I suspected Arianne's disdain for the Tyrells was a Dornish thing. Oberyn was the same way.

I also was very curious about the wild weirwood. I don't think it was mentioned as happenstance. Same with the cave.

I think there's defo something being set up with the weirwoods, at the least. I get the feeling that we're moving towards the faith of the Seven becoming the antagonist religion, and the old gods becoming the "good" or "true" gods.

Citing:

---The sparrows and their newly-reinstated relig-military order.........Problems will almost certainly ensue. It is known.

---Bran's whole story line seems to cast a good light on the COTF and old gods

Lysono Maar... GRRM misses Daario I think.

The weirwoods were very interesting, it seems they only remain in places that are protected by some magic in the south. And in some godswoods. So this could be such a protected place for unknown reasons.

Very, very interesting that Arianne sees weirwoods in the Rainwood. I thought there weren't supposed to be any weirwoods growing "wild" in the forests of the South? We know a couple of ancient southern Houses still have a weirwood in their godswoods, but I thought that those, the weirwood at the Ravenry of the Citadel, and the Isle of Faces were supposed to be the only weirwoods left south of the Neck?

Were we just never told that the Rainwood has surviving weirwood trees? Or is it possible that new weirwood trees have begun sprouting in the south?

There was a weirwood sapling in the Nightfort when Bran was there, so I'm thinking the "north" and or the CotF are reclaiming their lands.

Maybe we will see saplings in other places too, I don't remember any at High heart but I could have missed that.

there could be a series of caves that connect together at random places the openings for these hidden and few. jon snow was in some caves near the wall that were reputed to be so vast that a group of wildlings got lost in them and were probably still wandering in them. and there are caves beneath casterly rock (jaime had a dream about them).