Sign in to follow this  
Angalin

[twow Spoilers] Arianne II, Part 2

What I noticed is that it was said that the GC took on minor castles and lands as well as Tarth, which reminded me of Brienne and Jaime being gone for weeks. This may be where they headed to, perhaps, free Brienne's father.

On 1/14/2019 at 2:19 PM, Rose of Red Lake said:

So am I the only one out of the whole 45 pages who is sticking up for Arianne here? She's not C-list character. She's the key to Dorne like Sansa is key to the North. She has autonomy to decide Aegon's fate and therefore holds more soft power than he does. And he's not entitled to her. He isn't Daeron the Good to her Mariah Martell. He's more like the Young Dragon (Young Griffin). Daeron the Good is more like Jon who marries outside the Targaryen line to unite the kingdoms. He is the one who will bring the North and Dorne into the fold tactfully, rather than stupidly, like how JonCon is doing (JonCon is being duped too).

Aegon will fall for the bastard girl who beat Arrianne to Ghost Hill.  The Rhaegar Lyanna connection was too strong to miss.

Doran told Arianne that JonCon is gay.  She will test this and when she realizes that he is the real JonCon she will assume Aegon is real too and cast Dorne in with them.  I think your underestimating the importance of taking Storms End, and the current political instability in Westeros.  Plenty of Reach houses ready to jump ship, Ironborn attacking the Reach, Tyrell Lannister feud in KL, the faith militant, the Riverlands about to kill the Lannisters and Freys, etc etc. Aegon is going to look like a white knight come to save the day to everyone who just wants some stability and a non evil person ruling the kingdom.  This is part of why Dany will look evil to people when she comes and kills him.

I don't think Arianne is just a prize for Aegon.  I think the price for Dorne's support for Aegon will be co-rulership.