Mafia Game 81.5 - Murder in New Piddlehinton

HT Reddy

Hi all! I am glad we missed RP stage this time.

Pebs, I don't think putting second joking vote is wrong. If two more players would jump on the train, we would know they are guilty and would have enough space to lynch both. And, evidently , Faraday won't be evil in this scenario. And in any other scenario early second vote is completely harmless.

Well your right it was a crap reason. However that post did achieve its main objective. To move the game forward from RP and joke votes. I wanted to interact in a meaningful way before I went to bed. (That failed cos no-one showed up in time) I know the Day end is gonna be just before most people get up.

Malc I have no idea what my Normal playstyle Its been so long since I've played. I know I've spent most of my awake time this game whinging to the mods that no-one is here.

I wanted to vote someone who already had a vote, so Monday was the obvious choice.

There is very little actual difference between L-3 and L-2. Have you ever seen scum pile on and quickhammer on Day 1? Nope, it doesn't happen thus the threat you are speaking of is basically non existent.

Why did you feel the need to clarify that it wasn't a joke vote? It was obvious from the context of your post.

@TheMalcolm, is there any particular reason you stepped in before I responded? I mean, if I did happen to be scum who struggled to answer that you've given me an out right there.

Why did you want to vote for someone who allready had a joke vote? Joke votes are not preasure. I just don't see the difference here.

Oh, hey. TheMalcolm. Masonity's probably town, right?

Why do you say this?

Because it couldn't. Because Faraday isn't either careless nor limited experienced. He is relatively strong and seasoned player, known mostly for being immune to straight pressure. And because I was and still am much more interested in Pebs' reactions than in Faraday's - too bad you all spoiled my chance to pressure her.

I really didn't think anyone would fall for that trap. But really if you wanted to preasure me maybe you should have voted. Espeically if you think I'm 70% a killer. (guess thats at least 20% more than anyone else.

Yeah.

Actually, I too like her IRL that I hesitated to attack her before she would answer my objections... which she never did, I suppose, mostly because all of you chose to defend her from me even before I gone really aggressive.

Sorry am I not allowed to sleep? IRL I like you too, but feel free to get really aggressive :love:

Think I missed the quote but Faraday asked why I needed to stress it was not a Joke vote. It was early in the game, I wanted to make sure my post was commented on. hell I was hoping it was gonna be commeted before I went to bed.

Kalaw you can rarely say to much this game if your innocent. It allows us to read you better, and helps move the game forward.

Why do you think Faraday is innocent?

Monday why are you protecting me?

You all write too fast 9 new replies since I started this?

This is one example of you protecting me by attacking my "attacker"

You have also dismissed what Malc was trying to achieve by dissmissing his points against me, saying It felt like I was trolling.

I'm not talking about spoiling it for Faraday. I'm talking about spoiling it for people like me. I'm inexperienced and careless. Stevonicus is new too, right? And as I touched on earlier, it didn't feel like you were attacking or pressuring Pebs. It felt like a correction. like you wanted some content without alienating anyone.

edit - wierd double quote - never seen that before

Why did you want to vote for someone who allready had a joke vote? Joke votes are not preasure. I just don't see the difference here.

Me putting a different vote on someone did nothing - bandwagons help move the game forward, they're a necessary part of the game and kinda awesome at moving it from random --> serious.

Why do you say this?

Because it's true? Because I wanted to press Malcolm for an opinion on her post? Because I wanted to see how Masonity would react to my fairly disengenous town read?

Could be one of those! Not sure which, just seemed like a good question to ask, really.

You have also dismissed what Malc was trying to achieve by dissmissing his points against me, saying It felt like I was trolling.

You said you were trolling though, which means it's hardly dismissive since she read your intentions correctly.

Where was I protecting you?

Should be pretty obvious what was being refered to imo, it's basically a chainsaw defense, but that's not really that reliable so w/e

edited for my own personal amusement so i could add something to the quote

This is one example of you protecting me by attacking my "attacker"

edit - wierd double quote - never seen that before

So I'm not allowed to attack anyone who has mentioned your name? He didn't even attack you. Why on earth would you need protecting? What a weird thing to say. A FM paranoid that her symp is being too obvious? Trying to preemptively call me out before someone else does?

Wow. I was expecting pages full of silly RP to have to slog through before any meat, and instead Pebble throws us into the game proper straight away!

For now, I have her down on Tier 4 of 5. Not PI or the like based purely on that, but I still can't see a killer (or symp, I see lots of accusations of protecting, but don't remember reading about a symp role?) wanting to kick us into the serious stage by going on the attack that early. Easier to sit back and enjoy roleplay.

Faraday... Hmm. There's something off about him.

Around 94% of my game involves trolling for reactions - I'm reasonably sure that's not what pebbles was doing. I don't have a problem with the vote per se, though I think the fearmongering regarding : L-2 is a bit much, and rather silly but she could easily just be paranoid town. I'm basically waiting to see how she responds at this stage.

I hate the use of 94% there. It isn't a "clearly joke" statistic, because a large amount of the game is trolling for reactions, so why 94%?

I also don't get him asking Malcolm if I was clearly town (if it's based on people acting as usual and me being drunk, I want to go on the record to state i'm not an alcoholic! :P )or why he was pushing Kalaw for not having much contribution, with the whole "This is your longest post and it's game theory". It was early day 1!

So yeah, Faraday is up on tier 2. Both for play that come across as "off" and seeming to dig for a case on kalaw.

I'm getting a bad vibe from The Malcolm and his tunnel on Pebble too. 70%, really? It's a while since I've played with Malc, but I don't remember him being that tunnelled. He's tier 2, but the top of tier 2. Tier 1.99 maybe?

Monday is a bit too pleasant for my likes. "your mum" is about the worst, most aggressive i've seen from him. He doesn't seem to want to make enemies. Tier 2 here.

Kalaw is hard to get a grip on, Stevonicus hasn't said anything. So both firm tier 3.

So:

Tier 1:

Tier 1.9: The Malcolm

Tier 2: Faraday, Monday

Tier 3: Kalaw, Stevonicus

Tier 4: Pebble

Tier 5: Masonity (clearly innocent!)

So I'm not allowed to attack anyone who has mentioned your name? He didn't even attack you. Why on earth would you need protecting? What a weird thing to say. A FM paranoid that her symp is being too obvious? Trying to preemptively call me out before someone else does?

I hate this reaction. Bump Monday up to tier 1!

Best guess? I mean if you had to bet your life's savings on her flip right now what would she be?

I'd pass.

Actually, after last Pebs' responce I am much less sure about her guilt, so guessing who might be her symp doesn't look like reasonable procedure.

Well, actually, I wasn't that serious about all that last exchanges. At the time of my second post, I already planned to pull WJ this game, I just wanted to let people to say something before I would announce the winning plan I made. I am going to bed now - luckily, at altless I needn't hide my bed time - but do expect much more at my morning, 8-9 hours from now.

You said you were trolling though, which means it's hardly dismissive since she read your intentions correctly.

Should be pretty obvious what was being refered to imo, it's basically a chainsaw defense, but that's not really that reliable so w/e

edited for my own personal amusement so i could add something to the quote

Monday is the only person who's protected me by two different ways.

Monday of course your allowed to attack anyone in this game. doesn't stop people wondering if you have an alteria movite for it.

Sometimes FM like to protect someone they know is innocent to make a stand and to make them look good.

It is Day One, Seven players remain: kalaw, Monday, Faraday, Masonity, TheMalcolm, Stevonicus,Pebblethat Hides.

4 votes are needed to lynch or go to night

1 vote(s) Faraday (Pebble)

1 vote(s) Monday (Masomity)

1 vote(s) Stevonicus (Kallaw)

1 vote(s) theMalcolm (Monday)

Players not yet voted: TheMalcolm, Stevonicus, Faraday

Nope. You've said stuff that sticks you in tier 2. :P

Well it's just that not posting gets you in tier 3, so apparently actively posting is a scumtell. Which is gonna be tricky.

I'm also not answering your question in case you hadn't noticed. Do you mind?

Archived